• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Pikma

Banned
I have such a man crush on this dude.

12195835_10153564562300783_5692223242006407581_n.jpg
Such a humble dude, of course the 2015-2016 Stanley Cup Winner team is skilled.

imBask

Banned
i've been getting more and more into soccer and the MLS, and man hockey fan culture could learn a thing or two about them, hockey crowds are boring as shit

ZeroGravity

i've been getting more and more into soccer and the MLS, and man hockey fan culture could learn a thing or two about them, hockey crowds are boring as shit
Soccer crowds have to generate enough excitement to counterbalance the lack of it on the field.

Calamari41

41 > 38

No way, hockey crowds are too off the chain. The worst is when people stand up. I'm trying to watch, people! And then they yell after a goal? Shit, I can't hear the fucking PA announcer, how am I supposed to get the official stats?

Pikma

Banned
The only reason MLS crowds are as loud as they are is because of all that european/latino influence.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs winning 12 of 15 is pretty amazing.

Crazy that they haven't played Tampa yet though..... that's the real challenge. If they want to get out of the East they need to exact revenge on Tampa for last year's regular season and playoff drubbing.
Don't think they see it like that, and they shouldn't. They're beating Tampa in every category this season, they shouldn't be focused on what happened last season, just on their play right now. Therrien isn't going to be in there banging a war drum because they knocked us out.

It is depressing we don't play them for so long though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
RDS will be broadcasting 12 AHL games for the IceCaps. Now I can actually watch them in HD and not the shitty potato camera the AHL uses.

How did that style of play work out for them?

The goonery was actually started by lumbus that game. Kings tried to match it but came up way short. BJs were throwing sucker punches, hacking Quick after the whistle, it was quite a melee.

In the end nothing clicked for the kings and it was kinda sad.

Reminded me of a canucks game a while back where all they did was fight the whole game and the kings lost then as well.

imBask

Banned
No way, hockey crowds are too off the chain. The worst is when people stand up. I'm trying to watch, people! And then they yell after a goal? Shit, I can't hear the fucking PA announcer, how am I supposed to get the official stats?

HFHabs gets mad whenever they hear Olé Olé at the Bell Center because "it's bad luck", it's pathetic

The only reason MLS crowds are as loud as they are is because of all that european/latino influence.

yeah but that's not the point, I love the idea behind it

I want that here, flags are cool

most crowds are boring as shit in comparison. Watch Bundesliga games they are fucking insane

yeah i'm aware, i'm just saying for north american standards because we'll never be on-par with European Soccer

hao chi

I have to admit I didn't expect shit from a team with both Mike Smith and Lindback in their roster

To be honest, I'm still expecting them to be a bottom five team this year. Then probably draft 6-8th because our lottery luck is non-existent.

Foggy

Are you suggesting that the Coyotes' situation is no different than that of any other team? Really?

It's that it's the kind of quote we've heard a million times across all the sports from all the athletes. I got no issue with it at all and if it gets your juices going then have a ball. It's just typical, sanitized sports speak.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's that it's the kind of quote we've heard a million times across all the sports from all the athletes. I got no issue with it at all and if it gets your juices going then have a ball. It's just typical, sanitized sports speak.

I bet no one else is going to give it 110% though.

If that's the only part you're taking away from the quote, then you're missing the entire point.

What the quote says he's bought into Tippett's system. The same system that has taken other teams with even less raw talent into the conference finals. And the same system the Coyotes team was not fully embracing last year.

It also shows leadership from a young player. In this case, it's not "sanitized sports speak". But please, continue to look at things only at the shallowest of levels. Have a ball.

To be honest, I'm still expecting them to be a bottom five team this year. Then probably draft 6-8th because our lottery luck is non-existent.

That's where they should end up this year. But the future is much brighter than I thought it could be at this time last year. Especially if they move over to Scottsdale.

iLLmAtlc

I can kinda see why Duclair would feel like that. The loudest hockey media is in Canada and you often hear why haven't they moved the coyotes yet. They might feel like they're getting picked on.

Yawnier

Banned
Havlat gets a one year deal but other players like Bergenheim, Derek Roy couldn't get one? Huh.

What about Olli Jokinen!

zroid

Banned
I still think it's bizarre that the annual "Hall of Fame Game" isn't even nationally broadcast.

Also, as far as I know, today is the first time Ray Ferraro will be calling a game in which Landon is playing. And he'll be between the benches!

Foggy

If that's the only part you're taking away from the quote, then you're missing the entire point.

What the quote says he's bought into Tippett's system. The same system that has taken other teams with even less raw talent into the conference finals. And the same system the Coyotes team was not fully embracing last year.

It also shows leadership from a young player. In this case, it's not "sanitized sports speak". But please, continue to look at things only at the shallowest of levels. Have a ball.

Good lordy. I'm just responding to the quote. If that context exists then awesome, but I don't know how in the world I'm supposed to discern that from the quote.

So after Babcock was announced as the World Cup coach for Canada, there were a couple articles on potential rosters. Here are my suggestions:

Forwards

From 2014: Crosby, Getzlaf, Toews, Tavares, Benn, Perry, Bergeron, Carter
Additions: Stamkos, Giroux, Seguin
Maybes: Hall, Nash, Couture, Duchene, Sharp, O'Reilly, Johansen
Longshots: Neal, Stone, Toffoli, Turris

Defence

From 2014: Doughty, Weber, Keith, Subban, Pietrangelo, Vlasic
Additions: Letang, Giordano
Maybes: Green, Bouwmeester, Burns, Seabrook, Brodie
Longshots: Ekblad, Hamilton, Muzzin

Goal

Price, Holtby, Luongo
Crawford, Fleury

zroid

Banned
Eklad and Dougie wouldn't be eligible actually

They'll definitely be on Team NA though

Will be interesting to see whether Matthews makes Team NA even though he'll have never played an NHL game to that point

hao chi

That's where they should end up this year. But the future is much brighter than I thought it could be at this time last year. Especially if they move over to Scottsdale.

Agreed. As long as Strome is able to become a #1 center, I think this team could be very good in a few years. We'll still need a few of our other prospects to pan out and shore up the defense, but overall I'm very optimistic about this rebuild.

Now, how about making sure we get Matthews or Chyrchrun, Uncle Gary?

Hmm too young? Oh yeah forgot about the other team. Canada is so stacked with talent. That list of forwards are almost all centres.

That Star Wars international trailer... my goodness.

hao chi

Still a lot of season to go.

That doesn't really dispute anything since I'm not saying they'll keep their winning record or even make the playoffs (as I said, I expect them to finish in the bottom five), and even a team that eventually finishes last can approach the season with an 'us against the world' mentality.

If I had to guess though, I'd say the Leafs will finish last, but Coyotes will be a basement dweller as well. Other than maybe the SNES, every team they've beaten were playing terribly when they played them (Pens, Ducks, and Kings), or are just bad teams (Leafs and Avs). So I think our current record isn't actually reflective of how the team will do.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm suggesting that every team comes up with reasons why their season will be one filled with adversity. Because that's exactly what they do.

False. Ducks fans were not presented by the organization with reasons why our season would be one filled with adversity. We weren't warned about this.

zroid

Banned
False. Ducks fans were not presented by the organization with reasons why our season would be one filled with adversity. We weren't warned about this.

Well they were presented with Milan Lucic in their division. That's a certain kind of adversity...

Top Bottom