• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Quick

Banned
To the surprise of no one, yoda also happens to be obnoxious and insufferable politically as well!

This sequence was particularly amazing:

Accuses people of lapping up PR machine, proceeds to lap up Fox News Canada bullshit about +3 female ministers (in reality, +20% when you look at the proportion).

Sorry for the completely off-topic post. Just had to share. I'd expect yoda to come in here and continue the distortion, but he hasn't shown his face lately for some reason...

I don't get complaining about the more diverse cabinet we now have. I'd understand putting them under scrutiny after seeing them work, but to try and discredit them immediately is just disingenuous.

And there's people who question their qualifications, too. I don't think people see the advantage of having more diverse perspective, and certainly fresher ideas.

:lol "longtime man" got me.

Quick, you doofus

Hey man. Fuck you too!

iLLmAtlc

re: the cabinet

leaving the candidate qualifications aside, why is this suddenly an issue when the cabinet appointments was never supposed to be a meritocracy? besides harper appointed that chiropractor who doesn't believe in evolution to be minister of health. i don't remember that being as much of a shitstorm as this. lame AF if you ask me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

leaving the candidate qualifications aside, why is this suddenly an issue when the cabinet appointments was never supposed to be a meritocracy? besides harper appointed that chiropractor who doesn't believe in evolution to be minister of health. i don't remember that being as much of a shitstorm as this. lame AF if you ask me.

because they're women. Women can't be qualified. Jeeeez

Harper also put some dude with a master's in political science in charge of the department of canadian heritage, then aboriginal relations (he's white) and then canadian industry.

because clearly someone with a degree in political science is the most qualified for all three of those positions!

oh and the person that took over minister of industry was then charged with campaign fraud because she didn't declare salary spending as a campaign expenditure and went over the allowed spending cap.

QUALIFIIIIIIED

Time to mount a comeback that ultimately falls short and dammit, had they played like this for the rest of the game they might have won.

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-1.gif

zroid

Banned
I was curious about scoring rates in empty net situations by the shorthanded side, so I looked into it a bit.

The league median is about 14 G/60, so roughly 1 goal for every 4 minutes facing a team with their goalie pulled.

For some reason though a few teams have been particularly inept at scoring empty net goals over the last couple seasons, and those are Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Nashville, and Florida, all less than 8.5 G/60.

What's really interesting is the team which is the best at scoring empty net goals -- San Jose. There's a giant chasm between the Sharks' 31.2 G/60 (more than 1 goal per every 2 minutes) and the second place Canucks' 24.2 G/60. Vancouver itself has a big lead over the third place Oilers at 20.4 G/60, while the spread for the rest of the league is pretty even.

Since with a 1 goal deficit, most coaches nowadays probably pull their goalie with about 2 minutes to play, that means that, on average, the Sharks score every time they are faced with an empty net. That's pretty good.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I was curious about scoring rates in empty net situations by the shorthanded side, so I looked into it a bit.

The league median is about 14 G/60, so roughly 1 goal for every 4 minutes facing a team with their goalie pulled.

For some reason though a few teams have been particularly inept at scoring empty net goals over the last couple seasons, and those are Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Nashville, and Florida, all less than 8.5 G/60.

What's really interesting is the team which is the best at scoring empty net goals -- San Jose. There's a giant chasm between the Sharks' 31.2 G/60 (more than 1 goal per every 2 minutes) and the second place Canucks' 24.2 G/60. Vancouver itself has a big lead over the third place Oilers at 20.4 G/60, while the spread for the rest of the league is pretty even.

Since with a 1 goal deficit, most coaches nowadays probably pull their goalie with about 2 minutes to play, that means that, on average, the Sharks score every time they are faced with an empty net. That's pretty good.

yeah I remember that, I think we were amazingly good at scoring empty netters last season :lol

Socreges

Banned

because they're women. Women can't be qualified. Jeeeez

Harper also put some dude with a master's in political science in charge of the department of canadian heritage, then aboriginal relations (he's white) and then canadian industry.

because clearly someone with a degree in political science is the most qualified for all three of those positions!

oh and the person that took over minister of industry was then charged with campaign fraud because she didn't declare salary spending as a campaign expenditure and went over the allowed spending cap.

QUALIFIIIIIIED
Simple. Because people see every decision through an ideological lens and their opinions are arrived at accordingly. That goes for us, as well as the idiots limply criticizing every move Trudeau makes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait for the playoffs.
Therrien's coaching has always been a 180 in the playoffs. He's been a great coach for the most part once we get to the playoffs, and the team has always played it's best during the playoffs. He's finally translated that to the regular season.

Quick

Banned
IT BEGINS

I just read it. What in the fuck.

Why shouldn't he take the opportunity to coach some of the best players in the league again? Toronto media salt thirst is insatiable.

I can't wait to hear OCDChewie's remarks on greedy Mike Babcock neglecting the Leafs like Phil Kessel did.

Top Bottom