• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Quick

Banned
Leafs...win?

Pikma's prediction came true. Welp.

AROOOOOOO anyway.

Smith's been better than Quick tonight though.

Hanzal fluttered that shit right over Quick's dumb face.

Why you talking shit brah? You wanna go outside brah?

I'll send Kave Man to fight you brah.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
With respect to Sharks-Gaf

T7smA.gif

Stasis

Not going to lie, I enjoy Cosmic's gifs quite a bit. On par with Ducks-Gaf anyways.

Makes me wish my team had an animal name.

Maybe I should start trying to find park rangers with various animals after a win vs. a team with that name.

ARROOOOOO is so much worse than QUACK QUACK though

If you shorten ARROOOOOOO to AROOO?! you get to do it as the dude from Home Improvement. Not sure QUACK QUACK can beat that tbh.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
remember how my roommate is trying to evict me?

so I went to see the government residential tenancy centre to ask and they confirmed that it's not legal

I told her that and....

she REMOVED THE TV FROM THE LIVING ROOM

FUCKING LOL

that means I have to move my PS4 to my bedroom and play on my monitor

biiiiiiitch

Stasis

so I went to see the government residential tenancy centre to ask and they confirmed that it's not legal

I told her that and....

FUCKING LOL

biiiiiiitch

LOL. Man I feel bad for your plight but srsly...

I don't know this tale. Link or explain pls.

Clydefrog

I told her that and....

FUCKING LOL

biiiiiiitch

she's gonna shut off the WiFi next!

I told her that and....

FUCKING LOL

biiiiiiitch

You should take a dump where the TV was.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL. Man I feel bad for your plight but srsly...

I don't know this tale. Link or explain pls.

Okayokay I'll try give you a brief rundown

I've been living in this place since September 2013, so more than 2 years. During this time we've gotten along fairly well - I'm fairly quiet of a roommate. Over the last year we had two pest problems - one with moths and one with mice. Not too big of a deal but irritating. (though to be fair, the mice would come and go so they weren't "living" in our apartment). Anyway. I'm usually too lazy to clean my coffee/tea cups right away and sometimes leave them (empty) in my room for a few days before I wash them. That's irritating her and she blames the pest problems on that (despite there never having been moths or mice in my room, only in hers and the living room). So her landlord told her that if the pest problems persist, it's her that has to go - so she's probably thinking "it's Smiley or me, I'll evict Smiley". So first she set up some random rules ("if you don't clean dishes after 3 days you get a warning, 3 warnings and you get kicked"), that only applied to me but not her (... she leaves her dishes in the kitchen for more than 3 days. Much better than me in my room, right?). So... then she got mad at me when I didn't help her clean the apartment one day when the landlord was coming over for a visit - the apartment wasn't dirty at all, aside from her hair being everywhere in the washroom, but w/e. So she yells at me that I never clean. Cool story. She also had a concussion at the time and a headache so I drove her to school daily, but I guess that goodwill doesn't count, eh?

So then November 1st comes around, I pay rent as I always do and at the end of the day she tells me in person and by email that I have to leave by the end of the month. Uh-oh. I'm writing up my thesis right now (due next week), trying to find a job for after graduation and now I also have to find a new place? yeah fuck that. And all that just because I left dirty dishes in my room for too long? So..... I go ask around. provincial tenancy center. I go by their office and bring all the documentation I have, I read up on laws etc. Turns out, as my landlord, she can a) only evict me for a valid reason and the eviction has to state that (it didn't), b) she can only evict me with a formal letter (email and in-person-by-voice doesn't count) and c) it has to be done the day before rent is due latest. So telling me on Nov 1st after I paid rent would mean I wouldn't have had to leave until December 31st anyway.

So, I told her that yesterday. Then quiet. Nothing happens. I'm worried, because pretty sure this means war. So today, the following things happened:

a) I got an official written letter with a "warning" about my cleanliness with her signature that referenced the official tenancy act (the law), that states I need to keep ongoing maintenance and health standards and my room being unclean is a health hazard to her (lol, fair enough)

b) I got an official written letter announcing that in 24h, she'll come inspect my room for cleanliness (that's legal, of course she's doing it to get a legal basis for an eviction - I'm gonna make this room so spotless tomorrow just to spite her)

c) I'm working at home, doing research, suddenly the internet dies. I'm like OK, maybe it's my PC, I restart it. Nope. So I go to the living room to restart the router and.... EVERYTHING IS UNPLUGGED. the router, the internet cable and... the TV is gone. The living room TV. that I use my PS4 for. That she uses MY PS4 for to watch netflix. biiiiiitch. So I plug everything back in but conveniently turn off the wifi. (my PC is connected via ethernet). 5mins later, I hear a knock on the door "SMILEY THE INTERNET'S NOT WORKING SINCE YOU FIDDLED AROUND WITH IT" (bitch I had to plug it back in because you unplugged everything). So I go back outside, see she unplugged everything again. So I plug it back in. Internet works now, I didn't turn her wifi back on though. 5mins later I go back outside to ask if her internet now works (hrhr), so she says "yeah SOMEONE turned off the wifi, funny that". YEAH FUNNY THAT. I pay for the internet and bought the router, so right now I'm contemplating just saying "well, you pay your share of utilities for internet, not for wifi. If you want internet, plug in your laptop. I mean, I also apparently pay rent for the living room but not for the TV, right?" but... haven't done it yet. thinking about it though. anyway, war is now on.

I'm fully expecting a full eviction notice before the end of the month. But by then I'll be done defending my thesis so I'll at least have actual time to find a new place. No way I wanna keep living under these circumstances anyway.

And that's the story of how I'm having lots of fun here.

TL;DR: My roommate landlord finds me keeping some dishes in my room a hazard to her health and tried to illegally evict me. I refused. She then removed her TV from the living room. I'm considering removing her WIFI access. There's a war.

she's gonna shut off the WiFi next!

see above, way ahead of you. The internet's mine. I already changed the router password, too. no messing around with that.

You should take a dump where the TV was.

I still live here man!

Pikma

Banned
I'd make her life impossible, taking the WiFi from her sounds like a good start, but then again I'm a really shitty person so maybe I'm not qualified to give you any proper kind of advice, I don't want to get you deported Smelly

Clydefrog

I've been living in this place since September 2013, so more than 2 years. During this time we've gotten along fairly well - I'm fairly quiet of a roommate. Over the last year we had two pest problems - one with moths and one with mice. Not too big of a deal but irritating. (though to be fair, the mice would come and go so they weren't "living" in our apartment). Anyway. I'm usually too lazy to clean my coffee/tea cups right away and sometimes leave them (empty) in my room for a few days before I wash them. That's irritating her and she blames the pest problems on that (despite there never having been moths or mice in my room, only in hers and the living room). So her landlord told her that if the pest problems persist, it's her that has to go - so she's probably thinking "it's Smiley or me, I'll evict Smiley". So first she set up some random rules ("if you don't clean dishes after 3 days you get a warning, 3 warnings and you get kicked"), that only applied to me but not her (... she leaves her dishes in the kitchen for more than 3 days. Much better than me in my room, right?). So... then she got mad at me when I didn't help her clean the apartment one day when the landlord was coming over for a visit - the apartment wasn't dirty at all, aside from her hair being everywhere in the washroom, but w/e. So she yells at me that I never clean. Cool story. She also had a concussion at the time and a headache so I drove her to school daily, but I guess that goodwill doesn't count, eh?

So then November 1st comes around, I pay rent as I always do and at the end of the day she tells me in person and by email that I have to leave by the end of the month. Uh-oh. I'm writing up my thesis right now (due next week), trying to find a job for after graduation and now I also have to find a new place? yeah fuck that. And all that just because I left dirty dishes in my room for too long? So..... I go ask around. provincial tenancy center. I go by their office and bring all the documentation I have, I read up on laws etc. Turns out, as my landlord, she can a) only evict me for a valid reason and the eviction has to state that (it didn't), b) she can only evict me with a formal letter (email and in-person-by-voice doesn't count) and c) it has to be done the day before rent is due latest. So telling me on Nov 1st after I paid rent would mean I wouldn't have had to leave until December 31st anyway.

So, I told her that yesterday. Then quiet. Nothing happens. I'm worried, because pretty sure this means war. So today, the following things happened:

a) I got an official written letter with a "warning" about my cleanliness with her signature that referenced the official tenancy act (the law), that states I need to keep ongoing maintenance and health standards and my room being unclean is a health hazard to her (lol, fair enough)

b) I got an official written letter announcing that in 24h, she'll come inspect my room for cleanliness (that's legal, of course she's doing it to get a legal basis for an eviction - I'm gonna make this room so spotless tomorrow just to spite her)

c) I'm working at home, doing research, suddenly the internet dies. I'm like OK, maybe it's my PC, I restart it. Nope. So I go to the living room to restart the router and.... EVERYTHING IS UNPLUGGED. the router, the internet cable and... the TV is gone. The living room TV. that I use my PS4 for. That she uses MY PS4 for to watch netflix. biiiiiitch. So I plug everything back in but conveniently turn off the wifi. (my PC is connected via ethernet). 5mins later, I hear a knock on the door "SMILEY THE INTERNET'S NOT WORKING SINCE YOU FIDDLED AROUND WITH IT" (bitch I had to plug it back in because you unplugged everything). So I go back outside, see she unplugged everything again. So I plug it back in. Internet works now, I didn't turn her wifi back on though. 5mins later I go back outside to ask if her internet now works (hrhr), so she says "yeah SOMEONE turned off the wifi, funny that". YEAH FUNNY THAT. I pay for the internet and bought the router, so right now I'm contemplating just saying "well, you pay your share of utilities for internet, not for wifi. If you want internet, plug in your laptop. I mean, I also apparently pay rent for the living room but not for the TV, right?" but... haven't done it yet. thinking about it though. anyway, war is now on.

I'm fully expecting a full eviction notice before the end of the month. But by then I'll be done defending my thesis so I'll at least have actual time to find a new place. No way I wanna keep living under these circumstances anyway.

TL;DR: My roommate landlord finds me keeping some dishes in my room a hazard to her health and tried to illegally evict me. I refused. She then removed her TV from the living room. I'm considering removing her WIFI access. There's a war.

see above, way ahead of you. The internet's mine. I already changed the router password, too. no messing around with that.

I still live here man!

so... when is the wedding?

Just watching the Avs game now. Philly gooning it up late in the second because.. Gudas threw a shitty hit? Ok. Sweet.

edit: lol and they come out in the third dirty as fuck and get scored on as a result

I still live here man!

This shit makes me glad I've never dealt with communal living, fuck all that, fuck the world too, burn it down man, make her life hell.

Curufinwe

Just watching the Avs game now. Philly gooning it up late in the second because.. Gudas threw a shitty hit? Ok. Sweet.

edit: lol and they come out in the third dirty as fuck and get scored on as a result

Gooning? I don't think they care enough to be doing any real gooning.

Calamari what has happened to you!? Have you really let the Yotes fans (all three of them) do this to you?

I wonder what the next Nintendo Direct is going to be like tomorrow.

Here's what I think will happen.

Begins with a tribute to Iwata.
Starts with showcasing the Xmas Wii U Games (Ultra Smash, Xenoblade X, Amiibo Festival etc.)
Showcases some Indie games like Shantae.
Then they move on to the Xmas 3DS games (Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and whatever else Nintendo wants to show case)
From here on it's trailers for games coming out next year (FE Fates, SMTXFE, Project X Zone 2, Star Fox Zero etc.)
Direct appears to end but then cuts to a Smash trailer revealing Wolf as a playable DLC character and a new patch out now.

Am I in the gaming side?

You are on a gaming forum after all. Makes sense Hockey and video games overlap here.

Top Bottom