• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

zroid

Banned
Hmmmm...

LuH6HMV.png

Marvie_3

Banned
They KINDA do. They make good games that I don't ever feel like playing anymore because the WiiU is a piece of garbage, and that gamepad makes me sick
Theres no kinda about it. Still the best overall developer.

Most games allow you to play with the pro controller so yeah.

Calamari41

41 > 38
what's wrong with Sony Computer Entertainment™'s Playstation 4™?

That thing is ok if you want to settle, but why not go all-in and purchase a Microsoft™ Xbox One™ home entertainment solution? Treat yourself to the best with the latest in a respected heritage of Microsoft™ all in one living room experiences. Play the latest games like the critically acclaimed Halo 5™, or take advantage one of the many exclusive multimedia solutions only available through us Microsoft™.

Don't miss out. Don't waste any more time. Act today and be the talk of the block by going to Amazon.com and purchasing the new Microsoft™ Xbox One™ Fallout 4™ bundle in time for the holidays.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That thing is ok if you want to settle, but why not go all-in and purchase a Microsoft™ Xbox One™ home entertainment solution? Treat yourself to the best with the latest in a respected heritage of Microsoft™ all in one living room experiences. Play the latest games like the critically acclaimed Halo 5™, or take advantage one of the many exclusive multimedia solutions only available through us Microsoft™.

Don't miss out. Don't waste any more time. Act today and be the talk of the block by going to Amazon.com and purchasing the new Microsoft™ Xbox One™ Fallout 4™ bundle in time for the holidays.

Heretic, is that you?

imBask

Banned

that avatar is getting to you, you might be losing your mind

arooo

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Theres no kinda about it. Still the best overall developer.

Most games allow you to play with the pro controller so yeah.

Agreed. They still make a bunch of stupid decisions in their games though. Some of my biggest complaints about Splatoon still haven't been addressed, and Mario Maker needs some improvements, especially when it comes to finding playable/fun levels.

only if you include some kind of $500 PC build to show that PC gaming is cheaper, even if that build implies that you'll need to steal the GPU from your grandmother and buy the case and ram from a shady dude in a back alley

Refurbished alienware alpha. That was easy.

Smiley90

lol my roommate just told me she wants the garage opener back

... she doesn't even have a car, but I do.

she totally doesn't need it, she just doesn't want me to use the garage spot :lol

i'm just gonna ask the property manager for a second buzzer -shrugs-

Calamari41

41 > 38
The type of people who complain about how much it costs to build a PC must be throwing away and replacing their hard drives, disc drives, cases, fans, RAM, and motherboards every time they upgrade. It's the only explanation.

As long as you get a good motherboard, you can easily build a self sustaining powerhouse over the course of a couple of years.

The type of people who complain about how much it costs to build a PC must be throwing away and replacing their hard drives, disc drives, cases, fans, RAM, and motherboards every time they upgrade. It's the only explanation.

As long as you get a good motherboard, you can easily build a self sustaining powerhouse over the course of a couple of years.

Any increase in spending on the hardware is easily offset by savings on the software side, especially if you play quite a few games or are into MOBA.

People say it's a cost thing that stops them, really it's convenience factors and FUD.

Quick

Banned
How do you know it's almost Christmas?

When some of your Facebook friends decide to post stupid shit about the government wanting to ban the saying of "Merry Christmas".

I usually ignore this, but a Facebook friend of mine posts a lot of ignorant shit, and I decided to actually engage in conversation. But I went about it calmly and without coming off as antagonizing.

Her post goes something like: "I wish people didn't get offended when they hear 'Merry Christmas'...I don't get offended when people wish me Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Eid. Don't try to change the law because Christmas doesn't apply to you."

I told her no one's changing any laws against Christmas. Then she tells me that "They're trying to."

I was going to question who "they" were, but I decided to reply that the only people who tried making laws against religions in recent times is the Harper government and their anti-Muslim sentiments in the form of their stance on the niqab and wanting to establish that hotline, and that anybody falling into the Christian demographic is pretty damn safe.

On that note, I really hate it when people blindly post ignorant shit. But what I also hate are the "militant atheist" types who would run into these kinds of posts and just straight up shit on everything remotely religious. I have a Facebook friend that's exactly like this, and he's a big supporter of the Liberals and vehemently hates Harper, but he really supported the anti-Niqab movement. God damn.

Smiley90

are your friends also boycotting starbucks because they've replaced merry christmas with happy holidays?

THE WAR ON WHITE MALE CHRISTIANS IS REAL

Couldn't agree more Quick. Militant anything sucks. Got a friend who constantly bitches about my car not being a hybrid, that I'm not saving the environment and he has never gone camping or hiking in his damn life. He wouldn't know if the Santa Monica Mountains were actually just made out of trash. Get off my brain lawn asshats.

At the same time when people tend to make the jump to a gaming PC start with a vastly outdated computer. When I built mine, my PC was in no shape to run games and parts not compatible so I had to start from literally zero. I bought most of it around Black Friday and still came out to ~$1200. Now though I'm looking to upgrade and it is significantly cheaper to do so.

Any increase in spending on the hardware is easily offset by savings on the software side, especially if you play quite a few games or are into MOBA.

People say it's a cost thing that stops them, really it's convenience factors and FUD.

This is also true. Steam sales breh.

Quick

Banned
are your friends also boycotting starbucks because they've replaced merry christmas with happy holidays?

THE WAR ON WHITE MALE CHRISTIANS IS REAL

She's one post away from that, probably.

She shared posts about anti-Muslim shit, but the worst thing is, I don't think she realizes how terrible it is. Anything pro-Christianity gets a share, regardless of whether it shits on other religions - and generally, most of these things shit on Muslims.

Most of my friends are generally rational people, thankfully.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
lol my roommate just told me she wants the garage opener back

... she doesn't even have a car, but I do.

she totally doesn't need it, she just doesn't want me to use the garage spot :lol

i'm just gonna ask the property manager for a second buzzer -shrugs-

All this over dirty tea cups?

TL;DR: My roommate landlord finds me keeping some dishes in my room a hazard to her health and tried to illegally evict me. I refused. She then removed her TV from the living room. I'm considering removing her WIFI access. There's a war.

finish the defense and go for the W

end this month strong!

NHL-GAF can provide can provide tactics

AND COFFEE

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HER PLIGHT

At least you didn't leave eggs boiling and went off to classes like my last roommate and almost burn the house down, Or play wonderwall from 8pm to 3am during finals week for absolutely no reason. Or get a notice from the HOA about weeds and just dump rock salt over the whole backyard. Or have your insane mother come visit from Switzerland and use my bathroom as a cigar parlor while putting a Christmas tree in my shower and telling me it's the tree of life and it needs protection.

Clydefrog

I tend to only rebuild my PC every four years or so, barring any unforeseen beer spillage. Therefore, I pretty much buy all new parts but keep the backup PC for spares.

I've only "updated" a build twice, swapping in a faster GPU. My builds typically last until they die of old age.

You PC bro?

Smiley90

finish the defense and go for the W

end this month strong!

NHL-GAF can provide can provide tactics

Okay I have the following 2 ideas so far:

- Turn off her wifi and say that she has access to the internet, but no right to wifi - similar to how I have access to electricity but apparently not a TV

- Buy a new TV that looks EXACTLY the same as the old one just to watch her freak out when she enters the living room and thinks that I went to her room and took the TV back

At least you didn't leave eggs boiling and went off the classes like my last roommate and almost burn the house down, Or play wonderwall from 8pm to 3am during finals week for absolutely no reason. Or get a notice from the HOA about weeds and just dump rock salt over the whole backyard. Or have your insane mother come visit from Switzerland and use my bathroom as a cigar parlor while putting a Christmas tree in my shower and telling me it's the tree of life and it needs protection.

now HANG ON A SECOND RIGHT THERE. You'll have to elaborate on this. Because actually, my mother has come visit from Switzerland before. :lol

but wait, 7h of Wonderwall? How are you not insane? My roommate HAS left the oven on before. And she kept texting me like once a week to check if she'd unplugged her her straightener because she was so OCD about it.

zroid

Banned
This quote though!

“Am I close? Yes, it’s just over there,” quipped Nylander, motioning in the direction of the Air Canada Centre. “I want to be able to help turn it around one day with a lot of other great young players.”

<33333

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

- Turn off her wifi and say that she has access to the internet, but no right to wifi - similar to how I have access to electricity but apparently not a TV

- Buy a new TV that looks EXACTLY the same as the old one just to watch her freak out when she enters the living room and thinks that I went to her room and took the TV back

now HANG ON A SECOND RIGHT THERE. You'll have to elaborate on this. Because actually, my mother has come visit from Switzerland before. :lol

but wait, 7h of Wonderwall? How are you not insane? My roommate HAS left the oven on before. And she kept texting me like once a week to check if she'd unplugged her her straightener because she was so OCD about it.

Buying a TV seems like an expensive option, unless of course you want a new tv.

Your roommate should do what my mom used to do when she went out anywhere. Go to the stove, look at the dials to make sure everything was turned off. She'd even say "off" for every dial once she checked it.

Smiley90

Well since she took her TV out of the living room I dont have one anymore. And my monitor is a bit small for PS4 gaming. It'll work but it'll be small.

Pikma

Banned

I'd also piss all over the place, especially her room if possible, so she understands she's been living in your territory all this time.

Quick

Banned
At least you didn't leave eggs boiling and went off to classes like my last roommate and almost burn the house down, Or play wonderwall from 8pm to 3am during finals week for absolutely no reason. Or get a notice from the HOA about weeds and just dump rock salt over the whole backyard. Or have your insane mother come visit from Switzerland and use my bathroom as a cigar parlor while putting a Christmas tree in my shower and telling me it's the tree of life and it needs protection.

I'm at my yearly limit of hearing Wonderwall already. I heard it on the radio a few times in the summer. So, fucking hell, 7 hours of it is insane.

Buying a TV seems like an expensive option, unless of course you want a new tv.

Your roommate should do what my mom used to do when she went out anywhere. Go to the stove, look at the dials to make sure everything was turned off. She'd even say "off" for every dial once she checked it.

I tend to double check to make sure my door is absolutely locked by turning my key in the keyhole a couple of times. Not sure if this is actually OCD though.

I was going to UCSB and one of my roommates was originally from Switzerland. His mother was crazy and was deported for writing and distributing her own version of the bible. She used to write made up biblical text on the kitchen table with lipstick and was once brought back home for running up and down the beach naked telling people the good news. His brother was deported for being unemployed for too long and also came to stay with us for a while. Needless to say I gave my notice soon after the shower incident. The Wonderwall guy was another roommate from Oxnard that was trying to impress some girl as that was her favorite song, I ended up just going to the breaker and shutting off the power to his room so he at least couldn't use his amplifier. ISLA VISTA IS CRAZY.

Smiley90

I was going to UCSB and one of my roommates was originally from Switzerland. His mother was crazy and was deported for writing and distributing her own version of the bible. She used to write made up biblical text on the kitchen table with lipstick and was once brought back home for running up and down the beach naked telling people the good news. His brother was deported for being unemployed for too long and also came to stay with us for a while. Needless to say I gave my notice soon after the shower incident. The Wonderwall guy was another roommate from Oxnard that was trying to impress some girl as that was her favorite song, I ended up just going to the breaker and shutting off the power to his room so he at least couldn't use his amplifier. ISLA VISTA IS CRAZY.

wow. My roommate/landlord is comparatively sane to that. Kind of.

RevoDS

You could leave her the wifi but put parental controls to block the most used websites for her devices only (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Wikipedia, Google, Netflix plus whatever other sites she loves). I guarantee that'll drive her way more insane than having to plug in to use it. Kind of like a huge tease, you have internet but you really don't.

Smiley90

You could leave her the wifi but put parental controls to block the most used websites for her devices only (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Wikipedia, Google, Netflix plus whatever other sites she loves). I guarantee that'll drive her way more insane than having to plug in to use it. Kind of like a huge tease, you have internet but you really don't.

I like the way you think.

Top Bottom