• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

I like the way you think.
I think I have a better idea, but its a lot harder to setup. I havent done it in years but as a teenager I remember doing fun mature things like rerouting people to lemon party or meatspin

There are much less offensive things you can do when routing someone's internet though

http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html
17ex3q00o5knmpng.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs are doing their Dads trip this week, so that means we'll probably get our shit kicked in tonight. They always seem to play awful on these parent trips, and Condon is due for a shitty game.

Socreges

Banned
lol my roommate just told me she wants the garage opener back

... she doesn't even have a car, but I do.

she totally doesn't need it, she just doesn't want me to use the garage spot :lol

i'm just gonna ask the property manager for a second buzzer -shrugs-
Tell her you just need to make it to the point where you've finished the defense of your thesis and then you'll begin to move out. That it's in her interest as well if she just tries to get along for a bit longer. The way you're telling the story it just sounds like a petty chess game.

And I know what you're going to say. But just try it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tell her you just need to make it to the point where you've finished the defense of your thesis and then you'll begin to move out. That it's in her interest as well if she just tries to get along for a bit longer. The way you're telling the story it just sounds like a petty chess game.

dude that was LITERALLY the first thing I told her after she told me. Her response was that no, she had already found a new tenant. If I wanted to stay I'd have to a) pay more, as her "sublet fee" is ~100CAD higher than the rent I'm paying, b) I'd have to move out all my stuff from the room and c) I'd have to sleep in the couch.

Literally the first thing I said. She wouldn't have any of it. If I could've just told her that I'll move out December 31st and that's cool then I would've obviously done that. But that wasn't an option.

Socreges

Banned
dude that was LITERALLY the first thing I told her after she told me. Her response was that no, she had already found a new tenant. If I wanted to stay I'd have to a) pay more, as her "sublet fee" is ~100CAD higher than the rent I'm paying, b) I'd have to move out all my stuff from the room and c) I'd have to sleep in the couch.

Literally the first thing I said. She wouldn't have any of it. If I could've just told her that I'll move out December 31st and that's cool then I would've obviously done that. But that wasn't an option.
And at what point did you say that? You're now in a position where she knows she can't evict you, correct? That you have to stick around for that long anyhow? Is that not the case? Because if it is then she has to suffer you anyhow and she's only making it more difficult. She definitely thinks she can make you miserable enough that you'll just leave, so remind her that you can't go anywhere yet so she should fucking buck up for a little longer.

My PCs are usually built new each time because I'd get the new hotness as far as CPU/Mobo/RAM. If there's a new standard for ports I get a new case too. Every 4-5 years there's just a total rebuild.

Only possibility these days for updates is just adding more RAM and swapping GPUs. I did switch to SSD for a boot drive a few years ago.

One of my friends tried to build a new 2015 computer with his 1998 beige case. Technically possible but what a bad idea. Case didn't work anyway and we had to go back to the store to get a new case. What an inconvenience.

Smiley90

And at what point did you say that? You're now in a position where she knows she can't evict you, correct? That you have to stick around for that long anyhow? Is that not the case? Because if it is then she has to suffer you anyhow and she's only making it more difficult. She definitely thinks she can make you miserable enough that you'll just leave, so remind her that you can't go anywhere yet so she should fucking buck up for a little longer.

I said that about 5 minutes after she told me she was going to evict me? It's not like she would just "forget" about that now that I told her she can't evict me yet. Earliest she can evict me is for December 31st now, yes. And she knows that. It's not like I did anything after telling her she can't evict me, she just decided to remove the TV and gave me a notice that she wants to "inspect my room" on a 24h notice. I didn't throw the first or second stone here. So you expect her to react rationally when I tell her that I'm sticking around until December 31st anyway, but if she WOULD react rationally she wouldn't have taken the TV, my garage keys and called for a room inspection. Like I said, I haven't done anything (yet) aside from calling her out on the illegality of her eviction attempt.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 35m 35 minutes ago
Does Marleau want to stay? “I’ve been here forever and it’s been a great place to play. I’m not going to get into specifics…” (1/2)

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 34m 34 minutes ago
“…or anything like that. There’s always been rumors in my career. I don’t really want to feed into it anymore or comment on it."

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 30m 30 minutes ago
Is report about three teams accurate? “Like I said, I’m not going to speculate or get into it too much. I’d just rather not feed into it.”

Sure sounds like a confirmation of the reports to me.

Socreges

Banned
I said that about 5 minutes after she told me she was going to evict me? It's not like she would just "forget" about that now that I told her she can't evict me yet. Earliest she can evict me is for December 31st now, yes. And she knows that. It's not like I did anything after telling her she can't evict me, she just decided to remove the TV and gave me a notice that she wants to "inspect my room" on a 24h notice. I didn't throw the first or second stone here. So you expect her to react rationally when I tell her that I'm sticking around until December 31st anyway, but if she WOULD react rationally she wouldn't have taken the TV, my garage keys and called for a room inspection. Like I said, I haven't done anything (yet) aside from calling her out on the illegality of her eviction attempt.
You realize I'm trying to help you and not argue with you? And I honestly believe that if you lay out the reality to her, even though it should be apparent, it'll help. I've lived with some crazies before and eventually reason goes through. It's at least better than silence and/or spite.

You realize I'm trying to help you and not argue with you? And I honestly believe that if you lay out the reality to her, even though it should be apparent, it'll help. I've lived with some crazies before and eventually reason goes through. It's at least better than silence and/or spite.
I dont think I am able to live without spite, its like where half of my energy comes from
My PCs are usually built new each time because I'd get the new hotness as far as CPU/Mobo/RAM. If there's a new standard for ports I get a new case too. Every 4-5 years there's just a total rebuild.

Only possibility these days for updates is just adding more RAM and swapping GPUs. I did switch to SSD for a boot drive a few years ago.

One of my friends tried to build a new 2015 computer with his 1998 beige case. Technically possible but what a bad idea. Case didn't work anyway and we had to go back to the store to get a new case. What an inconvenience.
I'm completely ridiculous. Every time I upgrade, I end up building a new computer out of the parts I upgraded from. I know have 6 computers in my house and I live alone. 1 old laptop, 1 brand new laptop, 1 main gaming tower, 1 TV gaming PC, 1 server PC, and 1 home theater PC. Now I do trickle down upgrades, TV PC got a new GTX 970, and that gave the home theater PC a radeon 6970

Pikma

Banned
I just picked up a dog I found wandering near home with a fucking 5 inch wound on the neck and took him to the vet. It's one of the most painful things I've ever seen, I have no idea how he was still alive.

Also, I've been notified I didn't qualify for the exchange program I applied to a few months ago. Fuck life

Smiley90

I know you are - I'm trying to tell you why I don't think it'll work. I mean, I wish I could, but I already told her what my situation is and she didn't care. And she's taken extra steps to make sure I'm "suffering" for taking my stance. Why do you think that me telling her again what the situation is would make her reverse her course of action? I'm just not convinced that's gonna work at all. I also don't have the time or energy to try and convince her with all the thesis stress going on. I rather just suck it up, live at war and try and find a place new place starting January 1st, hopefully I'll have found a job by then too so I can move somewhere close to it.

I just picked up a dog I found wandering near home with a fucking 5 inch wound on the neck and took him to the vet. It's one of the most painful things I've ever seen, I have no idea how he was still alive.

Also, I've been notified I didn't qualify for the exchange program I applied to. Fuck life

tempted to avatar quote but man that sucks :/ where'd you wanna go?

iLLmAtlc

looking forward to the rematch of the 2010 eastern semi finals on wednesday night rivalry. i forget was it this one or the capitals series where they had the riot

Marvie_3

Banned

Also, I've been notified I didn't qualify for the exchange program I applied to a few months ago. Fuck life
The Devils Fan exchange program?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Played the first two missions in Black Ops 3, this is so bad.
I can't make myself even play the 3rd mission. I did the first two, got to the "hub" level and just walked around, felt no need to keep playing. I've finished every COD game since Modern Warfare, yet have no drive to keep playing this one. The MP is still fun though.

Red_Man

Just finished a warzone match in 3:48 :lol :lol

Didn't even get to our 3rd reqs, fastest I've won so far

Calamari41

41 > 38

It was probably a coyote attack.

No, I'm not doing a bit. We have pets getting killed like crazy by the fuckers here.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I can't make myself even play the 3rd mission. I did the first two, got to the "hub" level and just walked around, felt no need to keep playing. I've finished every COD game since Modern Warfare, yet have no drive to keep playing this one. The MP is still fun though.

Oh I love the multiplayer, always have to different degrees depending on the game. The last full singleplayer I played from CoD was Modern Warfare. Didn't touch a second from Black Ops > Ghosts, played the first mission in AW, and now I'm not sure I want to play anymore from this one. If the terrible writing and military wank wasn't bad enough, they gameplay is just about the most boring thing I've ever played.

Only reason I even started this one was because you can unlock things to use in multiplayer I think.

Just play the Multiplayer.

That's usually what I do.

Smiley90

Dave RandorfVerified account
‏@DaveRandorf
Just asked #pens coach Mike Johnston what he has learned about Kessel. Quickly answered "I find him very coachable". @Sportsnet

loooool

Red_Man

Not really sure why anyone think's reducing goalies equipment size by 3% will suddenly increase goals. Start calling all the bullshit interference and give teams more PPs.

Edit: AGally is 14th in the entire league in scoring chances? Damn, hopefully he can start popping in more of them soon.

Red_Man

Maclean using Plus / Minus as a talking point regarding Letang in 2015

What a time to be alive

iLLmAtlc

i think doug maclean's sportsnet gig is hurting his chances of getting back into the game. often his analysis just shows how outdated his views are.

that and he's such an NHL shill it's ridiculous

Red_Man

It's becoming quite tiring hearing every commentator during every game go on these rants about Gallagher and how he lives in the crease

Top Bottom