• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Socreges

Banned
Travelling to DC for work next week. Never been before. Gonna walk around the National Mall, but what are the places to go into around that area? Natural History?

Quick

Banned
Travelling to DC for work next week. Never been before. Gonna walk around the National Mall, but what are the places to go into around that area? Natural History?

I'm a big history guy, and being in DC was awesome.

The best part is that their points of interest are located in one area of the city, so you can walk from the Smithsonian grounds to the National Mall and the Capitol Building in a fairly straight line. If I lived in DC, it's the perfect jogging path.

The only time I drove anywhere there was to go to Arlington Cemetery. I just took transit and walked.

Across the bridge to Virginia is Arlington Cemetery. It has a great view of DC, but more significantly, there's a lot of history packed in as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I've always wanted to go to the Smithsonian :(

Quick

Banned
I've always wanted to go to the Smithsonian :(

Smithsonian is amazing. Free admission and open 364 days a year. I gladly donated some money (like, $10) while I was there. I dedicated a couple of days just for the Smithsonian.

Edit: And DC's license plate is a giant "fuck you" to Congress for the fact that they pay federal taxes but don't have a vote. I legitimately did not know this until I was there.

Us_reg_dc_2872.JPG

zroid

Banned
Smithsonian is amazing. Free admission and open 364 days a year. I gladly donated some money (like, $10) while I was there. I dedicated a couple of days just for the Smithsonian.

Woah, it's free? Didn't know that. I went there once, but it was a long time ago, don't remember a whole lot

Quick

Banned
Woah, it's free? Didn't know that. I went there once, but it was a long time ago, don't remember a whole lot

When I planned it with people, I was worried about ticket prices, thinking I'd have to pay close to ROM prices for each one, but nope. Pleasant surprise.

Also free admission to the National Archive to view the Declaration of Independence.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, Quick. Right up my alley, too. Hoping I get enough free time but we've got a stupid busy schedule over 5 days. I'll definitely be able to walk around the National Mall and past the Smithsonian stuff, but I'll need to be picky about which buildings I go into. Which was the most fascinating to you?

iLLmAtlc

hey guys fantasy advice.

i want to pick up rasmus ristolainen, who should i drop

mcdonagh
sekera
niskanen
brian campbell

points league 1.5 G, 1 A

i probably should just randomly pick one because they all seem the same.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, Quick. Right up my alley, too. Hoping I get enough free time but we've got a stupid busy schedule over 5 days. I'll definitely be able to walk around the National Mall and past the Smithsonian stuff, but I'll need to be picky about which buildings I go into. Which was the most fascinating to you?

Natural History Museum and Air and Space Museum were great. American History Museum, too. I'd try to hit up those three at least, but if you have to cut it down more, stick to Natural History and Air and Space.

If you want to see the White House, you can probably spend about 15 minutes in the area and move on. There's nothing going on around the perimeter.

National Mall is a fucking long walk. I'd get that out of the way first. By the time you walk from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington Monument, you'd at least cover a chunk of the area. Then you have the Smithsonian and the Capitol afterwards.

Smiley90

Hey Soc

my roommate sent me an email saying me insisting on the law was "aggressive and difficult and is giving her anxiety so I should stop complaining"

then she removed ALL the shared dishes and cups from the kitchen and stored them (presumably) in her room. That explains why 2 days ago she sent me an email saying under no circumstances am I allowed to enter or take anything from her room. Because the kitchen dishes are there.

I haven't said anything to her.

You still think telling her that we should just live in peace for the remaining time will work?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Natural History Museum and Air and Space Museum were great. American History Museum, too. I'd try to hit up those three at least, but if you have to cut it down more, stick to Natural History and Air and Space.

If you want to see the White House, you can probably spend about 15 minutes in the area and move on. There's nothing going on around the perimeter.

National Mall is a fucking long walk. I'd get that out of the way first. By the time you walk from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington Monument, you'd at least cover a chunk of the area. Then you have the Smithsonian and the Capitol afterwards.

Would love to check all that out someday.

Socreges

Banned
Hey Soc

my roommate sent me an email saying me insisting on the law was "aggressive and difficult and is giving her anxiety so I should stop complaining"

then she removed ALL the shared dishes and cups from the kitchen and stored them (presumably) in her room. That explains why 2 days ago she sent me an email saying under no circumstances am I allowed to enter or take anything from her room. Because the kitchen dishes are there.

I haven't said anything to her.

You still think telling her that we should just live in peace for the remaining time will work?
Gets crushed, once again, by petty roommate. Thereby empowered to run with tail between legs to computer and prove Internet Guy wrong. Victory.

Of course it was going to escalate. Like I said, her plan is to make you miserable enough to leave. I don't know what other chess pieces she's got, but she'll play them. I still feel that talking to her, rather than remaining completely silent, would be helpful. She clearly thinks she can force your hand, but she's cutting off her nose to spite her face in the process.

Thanks, man. Natural History definitely caught my eye. The website is kind of overwhelming/confusing, though. Was interested in their fossil exhibit, but apparently it's shut down until 2019? Fuck.

Socreges

Banned
hey Smelly is the roommate mentally ill or something? i haven't been following this closely
People show their true colours at home where they're most vulnerable and volatile. For better or worse. Having a roommate is INTIMATE and always creates fucked up situations.

That said, I've also had a couple awesome roommates that became close friends.

Smiley90

Gets crushed, once again, by petty roommate. Thereby empowered to run with tail between legs to computer and prove Internet Guy wrong. Victory.

Of course it was going to escalate. Like I said, her plan is to make you miserable enough to leave. I don't know what other chess pieces she's got, but she'll play them. I still feel that talking to her, rather than remaining completely silent, would be helpful. She clearly thinks she can force your hand, but she's cutting off her nose to spite her face in the process.

Thanks, man. Natural History definitely caught my eye. The website is kind of overwhelming/confusing, though. Was interested in their fossil exhibit, but apparently it's shut down until 2019? Fuck.

I literally sent her an email asking if we cannot just resolve this in a civilized matter until I move out in 1-2 months.

Then she sent me an email back saying "I need to stop complaining" and that my "aggressive and difficult behaviour is giving her anxiety"

Then she took all the dishes.

So..... .yeah. My intention wasn't to "prove you wrong". Trust me, I wish you were right.

hey Smelly is the roommate mentally ill or something? i haven't been following this closely

She's got a concussion, at least. (literally)

ALSO, I've lived here for MORE THAN TWO YEARS. We've gotten along great. I mean, I literally drove her to and from campus for a week last month because her head was hurting too much from the concussion to take the bus.

Socreges

Banned
I literally sent her an email asking if we cannot just resolve this in a civilized matter until I move out in 1-2 months.

Then she sent me an email back saying "I need to stop complaining" and that my "aggressive and difficult behaviour is giving her anxiety"

Then she took all the dishes.

So..... .yeah. My intention wasn't to "prove you wrong". Trust me, I wish you were right.

She's got a concussion, at least. (literally)

ALSO, I've lived here for MORE THAN TWO YEARS. We've gotten along great. I mean, I literally drove her to and from campus for a week last month because her head was hurting too much from the concussion to take the bus.
Not sure how else I'm supposed to take that post, brother.

Why can't you speak to her face? You just seem to approach this in such a meek way. Maybe you're not the right person to have this conversation then. Can someone else speak on your behalf? Any mutual friends? Want me to call her? I'll tell her I'm your dying father (and that I lost my Swiss accent in a terrible boating accident).

The alternative to what I'm saying seems to be to just be resigned to her continuing to fuck you, and fuck herself in the process.

Smiley90

Not sure how else I'm supposed to take that post, brother.

Why can't you speak to her face? You just seem to approach this in such a meek way. Maybe you're not the right person to have this conversation then. Can someone else speak on your behalf? Any mutual friends? Want me to call her? I'll tell her I'm your dying father (and that I lost my Swiss accent in a terrible boating accident).

The alternative to what I'm saying seems to be to just be resigned to her continuing to fuck you, and fuck herself in the process.

:lol

I've honestly given up on trying to be reasonable at this point. Maybe you're a better man than me.

zroid

Banned
I mean, Domi is great and all... but this Coyotes fever dream isn't going to last lol

...probably... >_>

and Calgary's goaltending has been unbelievably bad, jesus.

Quick

Banned

No problem. I hope you enjoy it.

I feel like almost everybody and their dog predicted this Calgary regression, except for most flames fans

A work-in-progress team with the right pieces, but still needs work. Still some things to work out.

Leafs can only be so lucky to be in that stage though, but soon.

zroid

Banned
I feel like almost everybody and their dog predicted this Calgary regression, except for most flames fans

honestly, this goes beyond regression. there's no way they're this bad, especially with some good pieces added to the roster since last season, and expected strides from the young core.

Dougie has been inexplicably awful, maybe he's having trouble adjusting to Hartley's shitty system or something. IDK.

Top Bottom