• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Mocking tones in writing are always indicative of how people speak, indubitably.

Great question. I look forward to what else you have in store.

Giving people advice when it's not asked for (and giving advice as if you know better than the person in the scenario you're trying to help) is a bad habit I am slowly getting out of, and I hope you can break it too, if that's something you're seeking to do

Pikma

Banned
honestly, this goes beyond regression. there's no way they're this bad, especially with some good pieces added to the roster since last season, and expected strides from the young core.

Dougie has been inexplicably awful, maybe he's having trouble adjusting to Hartley's shitty system or something. IDK.
Weren't their stats awfully bad last season too? I've always thought they only got as far as they did because of their ridiculously good third periods.

Stasis

I believe I speak for all of us when I say unto the rest of the league....
CGzCtdh.gif

:lol

Dunno how we do it sometimes but we do it. Aside from not being able to get the fucking cup its been a fun past 5 or so years. Keep making it and going deep. Every excuse others give for our success proven wrong along the way too. Though I'm kinda concerned that were so hot right now. Usually it takes a while. Maybe this year is opposite year. I don't give a fuck if we squeak in... just make the ECF and then lets do it.

Heretic

I'd like to wish the man that broke my heart a very happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Schuey!!!

And of course, happy birthday Marvbae!!!

Samyy

honestly, this goes beyond regression. there's no way they're this bad, especially with some good pieces added to the roster since last season, and expected strides from the young core.

Dougie has been inexplicably awful, maybe he's having trouble adjusting to Hartley's shitty system or something. IDK.

Wait I know what it is
The players all got cocky after last season, no compete now. They lost that underdog tenacity you know? They think they're big shots now.
Man being a hockey analyst must be the easiest job

Socreges

Banned
Giving people advice when it's not asked for (and giving advice as if you know better than the person in the scenario you're trying to help) is a bad habit I am slowly getting out of, and I hope you can break it too, if that's something you're seeking to do
You don't see the irony here?

Seriously, you're great.

Stasis

Shit like this is why our PDO is so outta control right now:

RVh7IGz.jpg

Lies. We're a bubble team at best that's been overachieving for like 4 years. Our luck is never ending.

Maybe I should stop reading HFB, lol.

To be fair our D corps isn't amazeballs like so many fans seem to think. I want some change back there.

imBask

Banned
Lies. We're a bubble team at best that's been overachieving for like 4 years. Our luck is never ending.

Maybe I should stop reading HFB, lol.

To be fair our D corps isn't amazeballs like so many fans seem to think. I want some change back there.

oh it's the same everywhere

Habs got super lucky in the playoffs
Habs win because of price 100% of the time
Habs benefit from a boring system that never changes
Bergevin got lucky on a trade
Our division sucks

Habs fan are so used to losing that some of them just can't accept that we have a good team now

Was busy yesterday. Didn't even know the Coyotes were playing o_0

fxidxLt.gif

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The worst team in the Western Conference in 2014-15, the Arizona Coyotes, look like anything but a doormat 16 games into this season.

Shane Doan and Stefan Elliott scored goals 3:42 apart in the second period, and the Coyotes continued their domination of the Edmonton Oilers with a 4-1 win Thursday.

Beautiful prose.

Good lord the Pacific is crap this year.
Looks like the return of the Desert Dogs ew.

The Arizona Coyotes, its employees, players and fans, along with the City of Glendale, welcome with open arms any and all parties interested in Joining the Pack(TM)!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Who the hell is Zaitsev and why should I be getting hype about him possibly signing with the Leafs?

Zroid..samyy I'm looking at you guys to explain.

Samyy

Who the hell is Zaitsev and why should I be getting hype about him possibly signing with the Leafs?

He's a promising RHD who is playing & producing well in the KHL. His production is very good given his age and the fact that he hasn't played as many games as other D above him in KHL scoring.
Given our RHD depth (Phaneuf, Polak, Corrado, Robidas) he'll be a welcome addition.
Based on what I've been reading it seems he should top out as a middle pairing D hopefully.

It'll be really interesting to see what our D looks like next year assuming only Rielly, Gardiner and Phaneuf are the carryovers. I actually really like Hunwick so I hope he stays.

Rielly - Hunwick/Phaneuf
Gardiner - Hunwick/Zaitsev
Harrington/Percy/Loov - Zaitsev/Corrado

We have too many young LHD :/ dont even know if they'll be worth too much?

Stasis

oh it's the same everywhere

Habs got super lucky in the playoffs
Habs win because of price 100% of the time
Habs benefit from a boring system that never changes
Bergevin got lucky on a trade
Our division sucks

Habs fan are so used to losing that some of them just can't accept that we have a good team now

Oh I know it all too well man. I live out here. All my friends are Habs fans and some of them are SUPER critical of everything. Just any one thing that isn't flawless. You'd expect 82-0 as the only acceptable outcome for their happiness.

Others are more realistic and pretty happy, but there are tons of the former in and around Montreal.

I know he attended Ranger's camp twice or something in the past and there's apparent interest from our end. From the Flyers too I believe. I hope to fuck we open up a spot and go after him hard. Fills a need on two levels for us, solidifying what will soon be an RHD issue, and a Russian dude who speaks English well enough to help our top prospect, Pavel Buchnevich. I really want us to go for him, but I think the Leafs will go harder and I know he said he liked Toronto. Haven't been following too actively, though.

Samyy

I know he attended Ranger's camp twice or something in the past and there's apparent interest from our end. From the Flyers too I believe. I hope to fuck we open up a spot and go after him hard. Fills a need on two levels for us, solidifying what will soon be an RHD issue, and a Russian dude who speaks English well enough to help our top prospect, Pavel Buchnevich. I really want us to go for him, but I think the Leafs will go harder and I know he said he liked Toronto. Haven't been following too actively, though.

Yea seems like a few teams are interested by Friedman said I think this morning that most people within the industry believe its basically a done deal to Toronto (hopefully) but a lot can change a few months time.

Stasis

Yea seems like a few times are interested by Friedman said I think this morning that most people within the industry believe its basically a done deal to Toronto (hopefully) but a lot can change a few months time.

Just did some digging after I posted that. Yeah, seems he's gonna be a leaf but his agent is allowing other teams to make offers. Come on Dolan, throw some money around, impress the kid. NYC > Toronto bitches!

Samyy

Just did some digging after I posted that. Yeah, seems he's gonna be a leaf but his agent is allowing other teams to make offers. Come on Dolan, throw some money around, impress the kid. NYC > Toronto bitches!

He still has to sign an ELC I believe so money can't be the differentiator, he probably just sees a lot more opportunity on the Leafs, and given our RHD depth he'll be given every opportunity.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Omg it's bith Schuey's AND marvie's Birthday? Together that's like 100 years of celebration!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Pikma

Banned
Eaves is taking Hemsky's place at practice today. I guess he's still having issues with his hip. But that also means Eaves is probably ready to come back

Top Bottom