• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

kingslunk

s0vRMxj.png

oh

Where's that graphic from?

Curufinwe

@avappleyard 11 hours ago

.@NHLFlyers prospect @CMarody96 scored once and added two assists tonight. 4g 6a 10pts in 7gp now on year. Leads Michigan in points. #Flyers

Man another slick goal by Tkachuk from Marner

Wouldn't mind drafting Tkachuk depending on where we end up.

The Flyers are getting fucked for Tkachuk this season.

Curufinwe

@NHLFlyers

Injury Update: Mark Streit will have surgery on Tuesday morning to repair a pubic plate detachment. He is expected to be out for six weeks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid 1 pm games. Got some plans which means I'll be missing this one live. Got the DVR set, though.

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Moore-Stoll-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

Lundqvist

Sounds like there will be a moment of silence before the game in Ottawa today. I'm guessing that will hold true for most games around the league today.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Beaulieu with Petry, Emelin out

Itshappeing.gif

Semin in as well finally, and Pateryn on the third pairing

Quick

Banned
Corrado's not playing tonight for the Leafs vs. Canucks.

Seems like such a waste just to let him sit/send him on a "conditioning stint" with the Marlies.

Leafs can't put him on waivers, since he'd just end back up with the Canucks (at the very least, they get first dibs).

Yawnier

Banned
Corrado's not playing tonight for the Leafs vs. Canucks.

Seems like such a waste just to let him sit/send him on a "conditioning stint" with the Marlies.

Leafs can't put him on waivers, since he'd just end back up with the Canucks (at the very least, they get first dibs).

They (Lou) claimed Frankie on waivers knowing he isn't fully ready for the NHL. At least he is getting a NHL salary for the time being though this is still kind of stupid for him. Could have a spot on the bottom pairing around the TDL or something.

Stupid 1 pm games. Got some plans which means I'll be missing this one live. Got the DVR set, though.

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Moore-Stoll-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

Lundqvist

Sounds like there will be a moment of silence before the game in Ottawa today. I'm guessing that will hold true for most games around the league today.
Had girardi and mcdonagh looked better? I remember people saying they didn't look good to start the season.

Quick

Banned
They (Lou) claimed Frankie on waivers knowing he isn't fully ready for the NHL. At least he is getting a NHL salary for the time being though this is still kind of stupid for him. Could have a spot on the bottom pairing around the TDL or something.

It's just stupid that he hasn't dressed at all. Not even for one or two games. I guess Babcock's just set on our current D pairings.

zroid

Banned
It's just stupid that he hasn't dressed at all. Not even for one or two games. I guess Babcock's just set on our current D pairings.

it wouldn't bug me as much if not for the fact that Polak is staying in

it's coming at the expense of both Marincin and Corrado. Everyone else on the blueline right now is fine.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah no offense, but Corrado is definitely better than some of the defensemen on a bottom-3 team.

Socreges

Banned
Corrado hasn't even practised with the team yet! He'll get his chances. I expect Polak to be the 7th D for most of the season... probably.

What the Z man said.
BOOOOOOOOOO

Interesting to watch what the Leafs do with him. Can they send him on another conditioning stint if they sit him again for long enough? Will the NHL finally call them on their BS? Or will they be forced to actually play the guy even though they apparently don't think he's ready?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BOOOOOOOOOO

Interesting to watch what the Leafs do with him. Can they send him on another conditioning stint if they sit him again for long enough? Will the NHL finally call them on their BS? Or will they be forced to actually play the guy even though they apparently don't think he's ready?

Well, when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time.

lisa-the-greek15.png

Cake Boss

Banned
I expected them to be down 5-0 at the end of the first for an afternoon game against a good team.

This is the best line up we iced all season, all is missing is Prince in for Chiassons spot. It takes injuries for us to ice the best lineup, just like last year.

just looked at the schedule for tonight... so much hockey!! I think if I saw correctly every team plays tonight. If not then just 2 don't play.

but whoever makes those Foggy is awesome

zroid

Banned
This is the Leafs D situation:

Rielly / Gardiner --> clearly their two best defencemen, not getting out of the lineup

Phaneuf --> $7 million x 6 more years, not getting out of the lineup

Hunwick --> good player, Babcock's favourite, might be a deadline flip candidate, not getting out of the lineup

Harrington --> good young player, should probably stay in the lineup

Polak --> last year of his contract, nobody wants to trade for him, useless plug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marincin --> good young player, but stuck on the bench except for occasional starts

Corrado --> stuck on the bench, and Babcock doesn't want to use him for some reason

Robidas --> "injured" (wink, wink)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's amusing seeing Babcock use players like Polak and Spaling so much, I wonder what his reasoning is.

Pikma

Banned
This is the Leafs D situation:

Rielly / Gardiner --> clearly their two best defencemen, not getting out of the lineup

Phaneuf --> $7 million x 6 more years, not getting out of the lineup

Hunwick --> good player, Babcock's favourite, might be a deadline flip candidate, not getting out of the lineup

Harrington --> good young player, should probably stay in the lineup

Polak --> last year of his contract, nobody wants to trade for him, useless plug ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Marincin --> good young player, but stuck on the bench except for occasional starts

Corrado --> stuck on the bench, and Babcock doesn't want to use him for some reason

Robidas --> "injured" (wink, wink)
Robidas still plays hockey? Wow

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shinkaruk was called up! Utica isn't far from Toronto, will he play today?! :O

Well... He DOES lead the AHL in goals with 10 in 12 games, so who knows!

For reference, the all-time record is 70 goals in 78 games, but there hasn't been a 50-in-78 goals scorer since Giroux got 60 and 50 in 08/09 and 09/10, respectively. And we're talking Alexandre Giroux here, not Claude lol.

So he's doing fairly well I wouldnt be surprised if they wanna see him play.

Cake Boss

Banned
Damn they played well enough to stay with the Rags, should have got those 2 points in OT oh well.

Please keep this line up and stop scratching our 3rd best dman.

Quick

Banned
It's amusing seeing Babcock use players like Polak and Spaling so much, I wonder what his reasoning is.

Well, you know, Red. They battle, you know. They battle for the puck and they...

*drinks water*

...battle some more. They're just battlers, you know Red.

They're the kind of guys who battle for the puck, and they battle every time, and they battle some more, you know, Red.

*drinks water*

Top Bottom