• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
From what I remember, Torts was an ownership hire (Gillis wasn't happy about it) and while they played well early in the season, the Sedins and Kesler were overworked and faded as the season went on. Santorelli and Burrows were injured for about half the season. Tom Sestito played 77 games. Kassian actually had a decent year: 73 games, 14 goals, 29 points.

I think it was a case of a square peg in a round hole. Torts' systems didn't mesh with the team's style. Maybe he shouldn't have jumped straight to another job after being fired by the Rangers. I think it was also a combination of the team having peaked, yet still being pushed to compete for a Cup.

It's still early, but maybe a younger team like Columbus is more suited for Torts: more structure, discipline, and accountability. But remember that he coached the US in the World Cup and we all know what happened there.
I never understood that. AV is an incredible coach and the kind you poach not let go. To go from AV to Torts...... 😒

Why does Benning have such a hard on for certain reclamation projects, it's weird

They're cheaper.

I never understood that. AV is an incredible coach and the kind you poach not let go. To go from AV to Torts...... 😒

IIRC, after their first-round sweep in 2013 Gillis wanted to rebuild but ownership refused. I'm guessing they told him to keep their core pieces but change things up, and Gillis wanted to keep his job, so he fired the coach.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
please

someone promise me this season is the last we will see of polak

please

edit:

JESUS RIELLY, ZAITSEV PINCHED WHY DID YOU TOO?!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Carr, or even Andrighetto, should be getting PP time over the guy they just called up who nobody has ever heard of.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Gross, Neal scored.

qlIs6BL.jpg

Top Bottom