• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Is it true that all highways in Canada have that annoying "kadunk, kadunk" kind of bumps on their highways every two seconds? I remember seeing Pearl Jam in Ottawa back in 05 and Eddie told the crowd he knew an American company that can fix Canada's highways. The crowd booed (deep in the Bush years after all). The gig was awesome though.

Having driven the 406/407 in 2005 it was a mess. It's better now.

Quick

Banned
Is it true that all highways in Canada have that annoying "kadunk, kadunk" kind of bumps on their highways every two seconds? I remember seeing Pearl Jam in Ottawa back in 05 and Eddie told the crowd he knew an American company that can fix Canada's highways. The crowd booed (deep in the Bush years after all). The gig was awesome though.

No, at least not all over the place.

I'm assuming the sound is referring to gaps filled in on the highways where the pieces connect?

And I don't even notice it.

I'm assuming the sound is referring to gaps filled in on the highways where the pieces connect?

And I don't even notice it.

The 406/407 were really bad in the 2002-2005 era. They did a lot of work on them.

I mean hell, if you drive down the 401 from Windsor to Cornwall, you're going to hit some shitty patches for sure.

So when do we expect the return of Nordiques/Whalers? Considering the last time Waddell said about a team staying in amid od rumors of relocation...

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm thinking we might get confirmation if the Canes are moving either right before or shortly after we know the fate of the Yotes.

sirronoh

My wife and I bet the final score in this Devils-Kings game would be 3-1. I walk away for awhile and come back and the Kings are up 3-1. Not what I had in mind.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You're still pushing the theory that Pacioretty is a good leader, so I don't know if you're the person to stand up and start throwing stones around.
What evidence proves otherwise? Because they went through a collapse with him at C? I guess you believe Kessel is a shitty teammate too.

imBask

Banned
What evidence proves otherwise? Because they went through a collapse with him at C? I guess you believe Kessel is a shitty teammate too.

Prove it to you how? you just dismiss every argument that don't fit your narrative instead of listening. You're kinda like a Leafs fan in a way

-he never steps up when the team is struggling and that to me the definition of leadership
-he floats and adds nothing of value on some nights, like last night, stealing valuable minutes from players who actually give a shit
-he scored an obscene amount of empty netters in his career
-he never fits with any centers, and it's always the centers fault somehow

Red_Man

Prove it to you how? you just dismiss every argument that don't fit your narrative instead of listening. You're kinda like a Leafs fan in a way

-he never steps up when the team is struggling and that to me the definition of leadership
-he floats and adds nothing of value on some nights, like last night, stealing valuable minutes from players who actually give a shit
-he scored an obscene amount of empty netters in his career
-he never fits with any centers, and it's always the centers fault somehow
- He's one of the league leaders in GWG and goals scored over the last few seasons
- He's still producing points and is a good two way guy that can do more then play PP Minutes
- This is completely false
- He was a PPG with both AGally & Plekanec last season

His style of play isn't to crash and bang, and because of that people label him a floater, it's such a lame, low hanging fruit narrative. He's definitely looked out of a place at times this year, and hasn't looked as good as he can, but I'm suspecting he's injured at this point.

Holiday

Banned
Someday we will look back and marvel at how the HabsGAF civil war was born out of Pikma's own internal civil war, torn between the Dallas North Stars and the Jersey Shore Mephistopheleses.

imBask

Banned
- He's one of the league leaders in GWG and goals scored over the last few seasons
- He's still producing points and is a good two way guy that can do more then play PP Minutes
- This is completely false
- He was a PPG with both AGally & Plekanec last season

His style of play isn't to crash and bang, and because of that people label him a floater, it's such a lame, low hanging fruit narrative. He's definitely looked out of a place at times this year, and hasn't looked as good as he can, but I'm suspecting he's injured at this point.

So you'd rather suspect he's injured WITH NO PROOF and keep hammering that you're the one that's right rather than admit you MIGHT be wrong and there is the POSSIBILITY he's actually a floater like everyone says

Must feel great to be the end all be all of truth out there

Red_Man

So you'd rather suspect he's injured WITH NO PROOF and keep hammering that you're the one that's right rather than admit you MIGHT be wrong and there is the POSSIBILITY he's actually a floater like everyone says

Must feel great to be the end all be all of truth out there
No, I'd rather suspect he's injured, because facts show he's one of the best, highest scoring wingers in the game, and has also been a possession beast over recent years. These are facts, saying you think he's floating because he doesn't hit people like Matt Martin is your own skewed perception.

imBask

Banned
No, I'd rather suspect he's injured, because facts show he's one of the best, highest scoring wingers in the game, and has also been a possession beast over recent years. These are facts, saying you think he's floating because he doesn't hit people like Matt Martin is your own skewed perception.

Kovalev also had great stats and floated half the games, I don't know what you're trying to prove with any of that. Hits have nothing to do with anything stop trying to strawman my ass

What about this hypothesis : If he gave a shit for more than half the games, he could probably score 50 instead of 35

Red_Man

Kovalev also had great stats and floated half the games, I don't know what you're trying to prove with any of that. Hits have nothing to do with anything stop trying to strawman my ass

What about this hypothesis : If he gave a shit for more than half the games, he could probably score 50 instead of 35
His offensive stats are top of the league, and he's fantastic away from the puck and defensively. I don't really know what else people want from him? To face wash more people? I don't get it, and he has definitely been performing at a lower level than his normal self this year, but I don't think he just suddenly stopped giving a fuck. Obviously we'll always look at him differently, but when people start citing him as a bad leader who floats with no remote evidence, it's laughable.

imBask

Banned
His offensive stats are top of the league, and he's fantastic away from the puck and defensively. I don't really know what else people want from him? To face wash more people? I don't get it, and he has definitely been performing at a lower level than his normal self this year, but I don't think he just suddenly stopped giving a fuck. Obviously we'll always look at him differently, but when people start citing him as a bad leader who floats with no remote evidence, it's laughable.

he's frustrating to watch, I feel like he could do so much more with the tools he has. Games like last night are absolutely unacceptable for a guy as talented as he is.

Montresor

Montreal's turn around has been incredible by the way. So much crying about losing Subban for Weber. And I was guilty of rubbing it in and reveling in that "terrible" trade.

But Montreal is on top and Weber is a Norris candidate. =/

Edit: It's not even just Weber. I remember people laughing at getting Andrew Shaw. And laughing at keeping Michelle Therrien. Not necessarily Habs fans - I just remember having no confidence at all in the moves Montreal did in the offseason.

imBask

Banned
yeah what a homer call

ztMF9AP.png

totally legal !!!!!!

Montresor

yeah what a homer call

ztMF9AP.png

totally legal !!!!!!

That doesn't show anything. You need a different angle (or a video showing the player was clearly being slowed down).

The picture is not convincing - that doesn't mean you're wrong. But the picture does nothing to strengthen your argument.

Because of the angle of this picture, and because it's a static image, you can't definitely say that #15's hands were impeding on the Montreal player. Looking only at this image.

imBask

Banned
That doesn't show anything. You need a different angle (or a video showing the player was clearly being slowed down).

The picture is not convincing - that doesn't mean you're wrong. But the picture does nothing to strengthen your argument.

Because of the angle of this picture, and because it's a static image, you can't definitely say that #15's hands were impeding on the Montreal player. Looking only at this image.

I can't create GIFs that fast bro, you'll need to imagine the action

Top Bottom