• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Stasis

I'm at a point where I'm more comfortable with Raanta Claus in net. Yep. It happened. For now at least.

I have more confidence in his ability to steal games for us. This isn't quite Halak/Price levels of "what to do" obviously, but seriously, I think the dude is gonna be a stud in this league and we're gonna lose him while keeping our aging albatross $8.5M contract who will play well, and steal some games, but ultimately isn't worth that price. No matter how much he earned it.

And then we have Shesty coming...

Doubt we can win two in a row vs. Pens, but who knows. This team has been surprising af this season.

People will be dropping the "Golden" pretty damn quick. It'll just be Vegas Knights which has a nice ring to it.

There's only one "Golden" in this league, and it's "Golden Holden"
No I'm not serious
. But yeah, it should have been Vegas Knights all along. It just makes too much sense. The Golden is just fucking weird and unnecessary.

Why is there no Las in the Golden Knights name?

So we can have fun removing it from other teams. Angeles Kings, Jersey Devils, York Rangers, Jose Sharks. etc.

Silexx

Apparently, Bobby Ryan's No Move clause is worded in such a way that could allow the Sens to leave him exposed for the expansion draft. (e.g. It specifically says no move to the minors.)

calder

Yeah they'll officially drop Golden in a few years or however long it takes for London to stop being whiny about it. Everyone will just call them the Vegas Knights, exactly as the team intends, and I bet the uniform only says "golden" on the secondary crest if anywhere at all.

Quick

Banned
Yeah they'll officially drop Golden in a few years or however long it takes for London to stop being whiny about it. Everyone will just call them the Vegas Knights and I bet the uniform only says "golden" on the secondary crest if anywhere at all.

If they even bother adding any wordmarks to the jerseys (I hope not).

Cake Boss

Banned
Apparently, Bobby Ryan's No Move clause is worded in such a way that could allow the Sens to leave him exposed for the expansion draft. (e.g. It specifically says no move to the minors.)

cdc.jpg

What! How?

calder

What! How?
Official NHL expansion draft exempt list contains surprises
Sportsnet has obtained a memo distributed from the NHL to its 30 teams on Tuesday night, which outlines the 66 players currently considered exempt from the expansion process because of no-move clauses. (The full list of 66 players can be read below)

The list was finalized after the league reviewed the parameters of each individual contract with the NHL Players’ Association.

A blanket rule couldn’t be applied to all cases because the way those clauses are worded is 100 per cent negotiable. Some expire midway through the contract or become a no-trade clause at a certain point in time.

The list of exempt players includes a handful of surprising omissions and inclusions as a result.
Gave the capfriendly expansion tool a spin and I'm confidant the Jets can protect everyone worth protecting.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Rick Nash MUST be protected by the Rangers due to the fact that even though he has a list of teams he can be traded to he still also has a no move that prohibits him from being waived or loaned, and the league considers the expansion draft as falling in that category. This now means the Rangers will be forced to expose two of the following 6 players (assuming no changes to the lineup):

Stepan
Kreider
Zuccarello
Miller
Hayes
Grabner

Silexx

What! How?

There is a scenario where Ottawa Senators winger Bobby Ryan can also be exposed to Vegas. When he signed a $50.75-million, seven-year extension in October 2014, it was widely reported that his contract included a no-move clause, but the language in that deal actually stipulates no movement to the minors and gives him a modified no-trade list, according to a source.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/official-nhl-expansion-draft-exempt-list-contains-surprises/

Silexx

Pipedream, they'll be protecting him.

This is a good thing? I thought Bobby Ryan was considered a good player.

Realistically, it all comes down to trying to protect Methot. Originally, it was assumed that the Sens could ask Phaneuf to waive his No Movement clause in order to leave him exposed and protect Methot instead. The thinking is that there is very little chance Vegas would take Phaneuf and his massive contact. If Ryan can be exposed instead, it's the same situation, though you could argue that Ryan is at higher risk of getting drafted.

zroid

Banned
My understanding was always that NMC / Limited NTC is still a full fledged NMC with the exception of being moved to the specified teams. So unless he OKs going to Vegas then I think he still has to be protected. And that's the same as with any player with a NMC, since they can waive it for the expansion draft.

edit: oh I see he actually said TO THE MINORS. that's interesting :lol

zroid

Banned
Listening to Foley on PTS, he says they could have worked something out with the London Knights ("it wasn't a big deal"), but he was kind of partial to having a two word name after all, so he went with Golden.

Stasis

So Rick Nash MUST be protected by the Rangers due to the fact that even though he has a list of teams he can be traded to he still also has a no move that prohibits him from being waived or loaned, and the league considers the expansion draft as falling in that category. This now means the Rangers will be forced to expose two of the following 6 players (assuming no changes to the lineup):

Stepan
Kreider
Zuccarello
Miller
Hayes
Grabner

Fuck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Even though he's got all those goals, exposing Grabner seems like a no brainer unless people really expect him to suddenly become a consistent 30 goal scorer.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Even though he's got all those goals, exposing Grabner seems like a no brainer unless people really expect him to suddenly become a consistent 30 goal scorer.

It seemed pretty obvious from the beginning that his contract was designed to be expansion bait, yeah.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting in this game since we're watching on my laptop (down in Florida), but I'll be watching. Same lines and pairings for the Rangers, because who needs Clendening?

Marvie_3

Banned
It seemed pretty obvious from the beginning that his contract was designed to be expansion bait, yeah.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting in this game since we're watching on my laptop (down in Florida), but I'll be watching. Same lines and pairings for the Rangers, because who needs Clendening?
Gross

Top Bottom