• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Line_HTX

Huh

5251846f928e4061813e997dd06e3c40.png

Carol Alt? Seems kind of random.

imBask

Banned
yeah WE, THE FANS are running him out, nothing to do with his 1 point and -3 in the past 5 games and the coach criticizing his work

stupid fans amirite

Solo

Torts AND Therrien have called him out this year, in addition to large swaths of media. Don't blame them, Don't blame us. For whatever reason, be it age, injury, or lack of giving fucks, Patches is a shell of what he was 4 years ago. Here's a guy who used to skate hard, aggressively forecheck, create space for himself and take pucks down main street. Now? You can't spell perimeter without Pacioretty. Gallagher is having a bad year too, BUT, at least with him the work ethic is there and he's just a bounce (and good linemates) away from turning it around. You don't get any kind of sense like that for Pacioretty. You sense he has no drive, passion, or confidence.

And I don't care what tale Red wants to spin - he will NOT be Captain next season.

Solo

Habs GAF squabbles aside, I'd love for anyone else here to watch 4-5 Habs games and tell me if they're impressed with any part of his game. Hell, tell me if you even notice him (and I'm not even making a casper pun here).

Solo

further proof Montreal won't win a damn thing when their fans are chomping at the bit to run players out of town

Fans of every team in every sport have certain players they want gone. This isn't unique to Habs fans or to the NHL. Every poster in this thread could easily rattle off 5 underperforming or dead weight players on their team they want to see gone.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fans of every team in every sport have certain players they want gone. This isn't unique to Habs fans or to the NHL. Every poster in this thread could easily rattle off 5 underperforming or dead weight players on their team they want to see gone.

How many of them are top 5 in their position in the league?

Cake Boss

Banned
Habs GAF squabbles aside, I'd love for anyone else here to watch 4-5 Habs games and tell me if they're impressed with any part of his game. Hell, tell me if you even notice him (and I'm not even making a casper pun here).

GAF squabbles aside, I'd love for anyone else here to read 4-5 Solo posts and tell me if they're impressed with any part of his posts. Hell, tell me if you even understand him (and I'm not even making an idiot pun here)

imBask

Banned
well while we're talking about it

I checked the takeaway stats everyone just pulled out of some random article to justify Pacioretty's defensive play, turns out Radulov and Torry fucking Mitchell are over Pacioretty in takeaways per 60. The only reason Pacioretty has more takeaways is because he plays more than them

skskskskskskew them stats bayybeeee

Solo

Anyways, I'm done with my Patches SMEAR CAMPAIGN for now. He's actually REALLY GOOD and totally a LEADER of men, guys. He's top 5 in the NHL
without the puck

Solo

I will say, he's given me reason not to slag on DD this year, so there's that. Little Davey boy gets a free pass! Plekanec's been bad too, but he's an old man and is done in Montreal after next year.

Markov, on the other hand, is becoming an ageless wonder. Especially impressive when you realize he's old as fuck and lost 2 full seasons to knee surgeries.

imBask

Banned
We're in trouble once these guys - Mitchell, Byron - dry up and stop producing. Which they obviously will.

don't worry about it, Desharnais corsi is over 50%
50.2 but let's not mention it
, and that means he's going to start producing bayybeee

Solo

Will Pacioretty get Kessel'd out of town?

I could see him going to somewhere this season.

He could fetch a mighty high return.

Do I want it to happen? Yes. Will it? No. I just see him getting stripped of the C in the off-season, and the good news is he's playing himself into another mediocre contract.

But he's likely to remain a Hab for (too) many years to come.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Will Pacioretty get Kessel'd out of town?

I could see him going to somewhere this season.

He could fetch a mighty high return.
Considering Bergevin has cup aspirations, trading a 30 goal scorer under that good of a contract would be idiotic, but they also traded Subban away so who knows.

Solo

Speaking of our inept GM/management team, they're shaping up to get bent over hard by AGally this summer. It's like they learned nothing at all from Subban's bridge contract.

Solo

Radulov going to get paid too.

AND THEN PRICE.

Probably aren't going to be able to keep all 3. I'm legit curious to see if Price walks in 2018. If he doesn't, he's getting paid like $10M per season.

And I reallllly hope Radu isn't just a mercenary. I'd love to lock him up for 5 more years.

We don't have to trade Pacioretty. All you need to do is just strip him of the C like the Kings did with Dustin Brown and give it to Gallagher or Weber.

imBask

Banned
I feel better about Galchenyuk's contract these days, Yzerman really did everyone a favor with Kucherov and Stamkos last summer, it might bring the negociation down a bit

Price's 12M will bring an end of the cup window though, that'll be the end of us no matter how much I love him

Red_Man

Cx5Y-FxUQAEYIHY.jpg:large

No idea what we would even give up at this point, Sergachev isn't going anywhere and Bergevin said McCarron is going to be an important part of this team for a long time. 100% need a 2nd line center with how much Pleks has declined over the past year.

Red_Man

Just checked the standings, I had no idea the Islanders were doing that badly this year, Jesus.

I feel better about Galchenyuk's contract these days, Yzerman really did everyone a favor with Kucherov and Stamkos last summer, it might bring the negociation down a bit

Price's 12M will bring an end of the cup window though, that'll be the end of us no matter how much I love him

I want Galchenyuk's contract similar to Nathan Mackinnon's

Top Bottom