• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Silexx

Razor already declared he and his ilk are voting Weber this year.

Just look at the storyline. Part of a controversial trade, where everyone was saying Montreal lost the trade, now he's excelling and the team he got traded to went from one of the worst teams in the league, to one of the best.

Add in the fact that these guys know he's running out of time to win one, and it's pretty much his to lose barring another collapse.

The Norris trophy is just a glorified Participation badge at this point.

imBask

Banned
golden_retriever_knight_birthday_card-rd0b6980869074235836862498ea06e36_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg

Hmmm Brassard finally producing when Ryan is out of the lineup

Hmmmm Zibenejad is producing consistently when he's with another team that doesn't have a Ryan

Hmmmm Spezza producing more in Dallas when he's not forced to play with Ryan

Hmmmm Turris production going down now that he's forced to play with Ryan

🤔🤔🤔🤔 I wonder what the issue is.

Trade you a bag of pucks for Babby

MASSIVE YEAR-LONG CREDIT CARD BREACH REPORTED AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Madison Square Garden disclosed Tuesday it was involved in a massive credit card breach at four of its venues in New York City that lasted almost a year.

The venue said it found signs of external unauthorized access in the last week of October. It would have impacted some customers who used their credit card to purchase merchandise and/or food/drink items at Madison Square Garden, the Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, Beacon Theater, and Chicago Theatre (in Chicago) between November 9, 2015 and October 24, 2016

Madison Square Garden said it has since stopped the incident. The breach does not affect all cards used during this time, but it did not disclose how many were or weren't involved.

The credit card breach does not involve credit cards used on MSG websites, at the venues' box offices or on Ticketmaster.

The company offered this advice to cardholders who were possibly involved:

"It is always advisable to remain vigilant to the possibility of fraud by reviewing your payment card statements for any unauthorized activity. You should immediately report any unauthorized charges to your card issuer because payment card rules generally provide that cardholders are not responsible for unauthorized charges reported in a timely manner."

Stay safe Rangers-GAF.

zroid

Banned
Wow, James Mirtle is leaving the Globe to join "The Athletic". Dunno if anyone has been following but they have basically been scooping up virtually all of the best Toronto-based sportswriters. That's great news, except the fact that the majority of their content will be behind a paywall. :(

Who knows, I might just subscribe.

Samyy

For the Leafs they only have discounts on Kadri/Rielly/Lupul jerseys

Wow, James Mirtle is leaving the Globe to join "The Athletic". Dunno if anyone has been following but they have basically been scooping up virtually all of the best Toronto-based sportswriters. That's great news, except the fact that the majority of their content will be behind a paywall. :(

Wow seems like a risky move for him - who knows if that site will stick around, paywall sites seem risky. Maybe he got wind of potential Globe and Mail layoffs coming down the pipe.

zroid

Banned
Wow seems like a risky move for him - who knows if that site will stick around, paywall sites seem risky. Maybe he got wind of potential Globe and Mail layoffs coming down the pipe.

Word. They must have made a pretty good pitch. :lol

Mirtle is actually going to be the EIC so maybe that was what convinced him

Merguson

Banned

I currently have a trial for The Athletic. Was for 30 days through the Android app.

I think I'll end up subscribing. 53 dollars a year seems reasonable to me. Local sports journalism is hurting.

I was debating getting a Jets Heritage Classic jersey from that sale, since they had no Caps unis, but then I realized I have another jersey coming in and maybe I should stop with the credit card for next month

Quick

Banned
I was debating getting a Jets Heritage Classic jersey from that sale, since they had no Caps unis, but then I realized I have another jersey coming in and maybe I should stop with the credit card for next month

The PlayStation Store sale might just empty my wallets completely, depending on whether or not they add additional games for Black Friday.

Also tempted to pick up a jersey from that Sportchek sale.

Merguson

Banned

Excluding the 2016 Toronto Maple Leaf Jersey, the Centennial Classic Collection & items ending in .88c. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Selection may vary by locations, order must be completed by December 1st, 2016 1:59 AM ET to qualify online or November 28th, 2016 to qualify in-store.

i guess they got burned by that discount mistake they made earlier in the year lol

The PlayStation Store sale might just empty my wallets completely, depending on whether or not they add additional games for Black Friday.

Also tempted to pick up a jersey from that Sportchek sale.

Yeah, I was thinking of using that 10% code for Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare Remastered.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Cody Bass and Matt Carle on waivers.

The writing was on the wall for Carle, and I suppose the Preds are waiving Bass to keep Watson around. Bitetto and Salomaki have been skating for a while now; it's only a matter of time before they come off of IR.

Syrinx

How long is Lack out for?

[Fantasy hockey warning]

Debating between swapping Elliott for either Ward or Lehner. Ward is hot right now, but I expect him to cool down and Lehner to pick things up. 🤔🤔🤔

Ward will only sit for B2B games
He has a concussion so it's hard to say. :/

Welp, I cancelled the jersey order because it has no patch. I'm hoping the local shop will be sewing those on.

RealSports says I need to order it separately for $20. But it comes SEPARATELY. Why would I pay $20 for a patch that isn't on the jersey?

Syrinx

Yeah fair enough

How do you explain Ward's success lately?
Having the top PK in the league probably doesn't hurt, for starters.

Plus I think the defense has just played a lot better lately. They've been playing a bit faster and more aggressive this year now that they actually have some skill up front and it took some time to adjust.

And even Ward has his hot streaks. He had some last year. I do expect him to cool down like you said but if the D and PK keep it up it might help offset that.

Top Bottom