• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

So do you guys not wear jerseys to games?

So I was wearing my Keith Yandle jersey to a Coyotes game a few years ago when Yandle was still there. In line for a beer and this woman comes up to me. Thick Boston accent. "You're wearing Keith's jersey! That's the first time I've seen one here!" It was dude's wife.

Yeah, not a ton of Coyote jerseys out there in the world lol.

I only wore a jersey to a game once, and I'm pretty sure it was a fake. A Lupul winter classic jersey, but the girlfriend got it for me with good intentions and it was the only one I had at the time. This was the game against the Pens two years ago in a 5-2 loss where someone threw their jersey on the ice for the first time that season, the beginning of many that year.

Games in Toronto are way too expensive. Even compared to the price of jerseys themselves! And at the ACC, the premium is not worth the value of the experience. I went to the Sharks home opener this year and if we could get that kind of camaraderie and passion it would be a lot closer to worth it. In my eyes if I want to spend some money to celebrate a team a jersey is avenue to do it.

Hopefully Habs can deal with Canes this time. At least Price is in net

Entropia

No One Remembers
I have 2 jerseys: Canes and Whalers.

I wore the Whalers jersey to practice (when I was a kid) and games

Canes jersey to games, and when I played ball hockey

Socreges

Banned
no wearing a jersey to games is fine

but then again who has $400 to drop on bad ticket
I occasionally get to go for free. 👌 Haven't spent money on tix since 2011

In fact I'll be watching the Canucks get reamed by the Ducks next week. Gotta brace myself

PYTsr2L.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
I only have one Leafs jersey, Wendel Clark. I made a promise to myself I wouldn't ever buy another one until the Leafs won the cup and then I would get the jersey of whichever Leaf player won the Conn Smythe.
yeah so basically I'm never getting another Leafs jersey

I haven't gone to a game in several years. I used to try to go to one or two a year, but they're too expensive and I wasn't going to go through the hassle of going into Toronto to pay to watch them lose.

(This was before the rebuild, which I wanted to start years ago. If they weren't going to rebuild, I wasn't going to give them any fucking money outside of LeafsTV for games. But now I want to go to one soon. Maybe next year.)

ShaneB

Everyone better buy Civ6 at that price or i'm gonna come slap you

Buy it for me. I have money in my steam wallet collecting dust. I'm sure we can work something out.

I doubt I'd play it.

Reminds me that I have Microsoft money that I think is going to expire soon. Can I buy things and gift to people?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Can't even register for an account right now, it's really slow.

Anyone wanna hook me up?

I was able to register and even get the transaction through, but so far no email from either GR with the code or Paypal about my payment.

I can't get that page to load.

I keep clicking but nothing happens

edit: A truly excellent move would be to buy several keys and share them amongst your good NHL GAF chums, Smiley

Socreges

Banned
Buy it for me. I have money in my steam wallet collecting dust. I'm sure we can work something out.

I doubt I'd play it.

Reminds me that I have Microsoft money that I think is going to expire soon. Can I buy things and gift to people?
Smiley once bought me Civ V. So if he doesn't buy you Civ VI that makes him an asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs easily have the worst broadcasting group of any of the Canadian teams, we have dumbass creepy uncle York doing colour commentary and some random fifteen year old doing the pregame shit.

Top Bottom