• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

zroid

Banned
Habs easily have the worst broadcasting group of any of the Canadian teams, we have dumbass creepy uncle York doing colour commentary and some random fifteen year old doing the pregame shit.
Romanuk and his rotating cast of shmucks tho

but we have Ferraro too so it cancels out

Cake Boss

Banned
Or are we boring?

289238.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Radulov is such an animal on the puck, can't remember the last time we had a player that could forecheck and protect the puck the way he does.

Tim Raines is a poster boy for sports injustice, but his snub doesn't deserve our obsession
This week, Chris Bittle, Liberal MP for St. Catharines, addressed an issue of importance to all Canadians. “I rise today to speak of an upcoming ballot,” Bittle told the House of Commons. “This is not a matter for the Minister of Democratic Institutions. I am, Mr. Speaker, speaking about the baseball hall of fame ballot.” Sounding a bit like a Reddit sub-thread brought to life, Bittle launched into an appeal on behalf of former Montreal Expo Tim Raines. He reminded us that Raines “had an impressive on-base percentage. On par with Tony Gwynn.” He won a batting title. “For five years, he was measured as one of the most valuable players in the National League.” In all, it was a stats-dork fever dream made real. The geeks have won. They’re in control.
At their best, sports are a connector of disparate people and a harmless escape. However, they were never meant to be taken with seriousness – as in the eerie way Canadians now talk about hockey, as if it were some patrimony brought down from Mt. Sinai. A list of the places where people care so much about sports that they’re willing to beat each other up over them is a pretty good list of places you wouldn’t want to live. I expect sports to become even more central to our public discourse, especially given recent events to the south. When there isn’t enough bread for everyone, the people in charge like to go heavy on circuses. They are unique in appealing to all the classes. What’s dispiriting is how complicit smart people are in their own dumbing down. Play sports, watch sports, talk sports, care about sports. That’s all great. But not if you begin to think that sports and how they turn out explains something vital about your culture. They only do that if you choose not to pay attention to anything else.

Crossposted from MLB-GAF, but I think the general tone of the article is good enough for NHL-GAF to talk about as well.

imBask

Banned
we've been playing Therrien's patented dump and (maybe) chase instead of what was working for the first 15 games, so yeah we're boring

Red_Man

I've never seen Gallagher struggle like he is right now in his career

Wonder what's going on with him

Red_Man

Ugly game, but take it and move on, time for the west coast trip which is usually a slaughterhouse for us.

Top Bottom