• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

iLLmAtlc

Fleury is pretty terrible right now.

KBucjCF.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vjmy5ml.gif

6siTqLe.gif

XZ6zjA8.gif

<3 Buff is so great, I mean the ability to bank that puck off the forwards stick and deflect it just over Rinne like that is amazing. He should do that every game, like in NHL '97 when you could score on every goalie every time if you fipped a pass on net from center ice. Probably realizes it's pretty broken and unfair.

NHL97? The goalie still comes off the post every time if you pass it from behind the net in NHL17 so you can bank it off his back into the net.

calder

NHL97? The goalie still comes off the post every time if you pass it from behind the net in NHL17 so you can bank it off his back into the net.

Not shocked at all. I just stopped playing NHL, and most sports games really, decades ago so that was the easiest example I could think of. Although now that I'm pondering it might have actually been in NHL FaceOff, Sony's surprisingly great challenger to NHL.

Just hit circle from almost anywhere on the ice from around the red line (as long as you had a straight shot at the net) and since it was a flip pass your guy would always bounce the puck right in front of the tender, who let it go 5-hole every single time. Obviously, everyone had to just agree to NOT abuse that glitch to get a decent game but my youngest brother straight up refused to stop doing it. He'd do it every single chance he got and no amount of yelling or punching would make him stop, I guess he just had been losing 95% of the competitive video games he'd played in his entire life and he just wanted to taste any kind of success.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, that was an awful check on Sissons.

Yep, that's a major.

edit: Neal! I was just about to start complaining about how awful the PP has looked.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Starting to look like the Preds-Jets game last season when they put everyone on the ice into the box.

Aside from that game being a blowout.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Sissons and Neal will not return this game.

The Jets are so frustrating. They should be so good looking at who they have, do they have injuries right now or something?

They showed like five Jets on IR on the starting injury report.

[edit] Apparently they had it wrong, I only see a couple.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not shocked at all. I just stopped playing NHL, and most sports games really, decades ago so that was the easiest example I could think of. Although now that I'm pondering it might have actually been in NHL FaceOff, Sony's surprisingly great challenger to NHL.

Just hit circle from almost anywhere on the ice from around the red line (as long as you had a straight shot at the net) and since it was a flip pass your guy would always bounce the puck right in front of the tender, who let it go 5-hole every single time. Obviously, everyone had to just agree to NOT abuse that glitch to get a decent game but my youngest brother straight up refused to stop doing it. He'd do it every single chance he got and no amount of yelling or punching would make him stop, I guess he just had been losing 95% of the competitive video games he'd played in his entire life and he just wanted to taste any kind of success.
It was NHL 97. Used to do that just to piss off my friend. :lol

It's like Stryper made a hockey jersey.
Looooool

That city of champions patch is trashy as fuck.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeeeeah, we're not letting Mantha become exposed in the expansion draft. Man, that's twice in the past few games where he's just absolutely sniped a goal top corner from the left side.

calder

Ahh, my decision to have a nice nap after the game was 2-1 seems extra wise!

What a disaster of a road trip. Having the team at its most injured (presumably) during its busiest stretch was sure shitty luck. Hopefully once Little and Armia are back we can at least start to see what the forwards look like.

PillarEN

To be fair to the KHL goalie, he apparently has eyes like a hawk since he saw his team score from the other side of the ice but the refs let the play roll. So in the end it doesn't matter even if he got scored on.

Wings scored 5 goals against Schneider. Nice. Mrazek had a tough outing. Not so nice.

But hey, consecutive wins.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dallas has the best in arena experience of the 6 stadiums I've been to. They played like 8 nickleback songs in a row when the Canucks were in town last year lol

Dallas has by far the best jumbotron crew, that's all I know :lol

Top Bottom