• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Loxley

it's almost as fun on TV! pick and team and join us!

Ha, I told my friend he's come close to making a hockey fan out of me and that if I watched more I could totally see myself getting into it. Thing is I'm from Wisconsin and we have no NHL team of our own (sorry Admirals). I don't think I could bring myself to root for the Wild or the Blackhawks since Minnesota and Illinois are Wisconsin's mortal sports enemies, so I may just have to pick a team that's far away XD

Heck, maybe I'll just stay neutral for now and then root for the Las Vegas WhateverTheFucks when they start playing next year. It'd be interesting to root for a brand spanking new team.

So apparently Hakstol just went full stupid today. Raffl is on the top line with Giroux and Simmonds. Schenn is now the 4C behind Bellemare (3C) and VDV is playing over Weise. What the hell world am I in?

zroid

Banned
Ha, I told my friend he's come close to making a hockey fan out of me and that if I watched more I could totally see myself getting into it. Thing is I'm from Wisconsin and we have no NHL team of our own (sorry Admirals). I don't think I could bring myself to root for the Wild or the Blackhawks since Minnesota and Illinois are Wisconsin's mortal sports enemies, so I may just have to pick a team that's far away XD

Heck, maybe I'll just stay neutral for now and then root for the Las Vegas WhateverTheFucks when they start playing next year. It'd be interesting to root for a brand spanking new team.

Root for the Penguins. They have Wisconsin's favourite son Phil Kessel, plus you could have a healthy rivalry with that friend of yours!

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Root for the Penguins. They have Wisconsin's favourite son Phil Kessel, plus you could have a healthy rivalry with that friend of yours!

Why not the Wild? They have another Wisconsin product in Ryan Suter (plus they air games on Wisconsin TV if I remember right).

Pikma

Banned
well that's the obvious one, but he said he doesn't want to support a Minnesota team :lol
What about a team that used to be from MN and now is the current Minnesota team's biggest rival?

Better start hyping up that 2064 Stadium Series game

Marvie_3

Banned

Blackhawks are a good team and Hawks-age are all friendly. Plus there are other benefits such as free rides to and from Barclays in the Marvmobile.

Socreges

Banned
Been meaning to pick this up, loved the demo so much.
Yeah the demo gave me enough confidence to pay full price for it. And I'm enjoying it more and more as I get better and am able to take advantage of the controls/systems. Top Player is really hard, but it's forced me to think about how I attack and defend if I want to have any success. Currently in 18th out of 30 teams in England's second divison - hoping to battle for promotion next season as my players are finally rounding into shape and can play well together.

So yeah, can't recommend highly enough. It's great fun.

wait what, on console? and if not, isn't the PC version some old dirty version scam?
Yes, console. PC version is gimped graphically, I think.

I gotta say hanging out with you bastards so much makes the Leafs drought seem worse than it really is. I was surprised they weren't higher on this list to be honest.
Actually, it really is quite bad considering the nature of the NHL through the 40s-60s. People often forget the league was 6 teams back then. In 1967 there were 10 NBA teams, 16 NFL teams, and 20 MLB teams. Thus, it was much much easier for hockey teams to win championships...until the expansion boom started in the late 60s.

Stecher sent down so Tryamkin can make his debut? Sure.
Stecher had already been sent down. Tryamkin was in the press box. But Tanev is now injured. That's my understanding at least.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How long do you think it will take MacDougall or whatever the hell his name is to score on us tonight?

I'm gonna go with a conservative 2:45.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Will EA ever put the NHL games on PC?
My friend worked on the last NHL PC title, NHL 09. And even then, it wasn't EA that made it. They outsourced that shit to HB Studios in Nova Scotia. He didn't really enjoy it, so he left to work on the NHL 2K games in California.

The NHL team in Vancouver is like 40 people, if that. Smallest of all their sports teams, which is why they don't have the man power or time to make giant changes year after year.

Has anyone here ever seen a hockey game at the Barclay's Center? Every time I see it on TV it looks like a horrible hockey arena.

zroid

Banned
Has anyone here ever seen a hockey game at the Barclay's Center? Every time I see it on TV it looks like a horrible hockey arena.

Marvie has, but he watches the games from his car parked rinkside, so it might not be a wholly representative experience

Top Bottom