• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@quinnesq

Leaf pick Yegor Korshkov has 12 pts in his last 15 KHL games, a Top 10 all-time KHL pace for age 20, alongside Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Panarin

oooooooooooh

Yawnier

Banned
@quinnesq

Leaf pick Yegor Korshkov has 12 pts in his last 15 KHL games, a Top 10 all-time KHL pace for age 20, alongside Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Panarin

oooooooooooh
I remember when most people went WTF at this pick at the draft this year.

I'll reserve judgment until I see him on North American ice tho.

zroid

Banned
I remember when most people went WTF at this pick at the draft this year.

I'll reserve judgment until I see him on North American ice tho.
it was really off the board, but I think after people figured out who he was they mostly warmed up to the pick.

yyzjohn

Banned
it was really off the board, but I think after people figured out who he was they mostly warmed up to the pick.

It's still a weird pick. He's already 20, they probably could have still taken him in the later rounds didn't have to use their 2nd round pick on him.

zroid

Banned
There've been a number of times in this game where Freddie has kept the play moving when normally you'd just hold the puck. Wonder if he's being coached to do that?

zroid

Banned
lol what the fuck was that

I think Freddie just gave up a terrible rebound but then somehow saved the ensuing shot on the open net

edit: never mind it wasn't a rebound. just a weird bounce off a skater.

Yawnier

Banned

It's still a weird pick. He's already 20, they probably could have still taken him in the later rounds didn't have to use their 2nd round pick on him.
Yeah it's not common to see players when they are almost 20 years old be picked in the first 2-3 rounds of the draft.

Also that was a nice save by Steady Freddy

holy FUCK ANDERSEN

will now expect an easy clear shot from the point to get in.

this shot differential is bad. Play seems kinda back and forth these past couple minutes though. How was the first 16 or so minutes?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Holden. And I was literally going to comment that he's been ever so slightly better the last couple days before that, too.

Trey

Nice save from Andersen. Can't really be mad at it, I'm surprised girgensons could even corrall that puck and get wood on it.

zroid

Banned
I've not been pleased with how much the Leafs are dumping the puck in. It's a trend which has continued from the last game.

Beautiful goal by Marner!

I've been to HSBC/First Niagara/Key Bank before on a college trip. The Leafs lost 1-0. But it was a fun trip.

The arena has escalators instead of stairs, so leaving the upper bowl is a clusterfuck, and it's so slanted that you almost feel like you'll fall over when walking down the aisles.

It's Key Bank Center now. What don't you like about it?

For a building only 3-4 years older than the ACC, it's kinda crazy how...antiquated it feels. The walls feel empty; the paint job makes it feel like a school than an arena with some legitimate history. The beer hall on the upper floor of the entrance seems like it should have the largest selection, but they have a grand total of two on tap. Meanwhile, there's a larger variety hidden in a corner deeper inside. The seats feel small; the view feels flat.

The small museum in the front is probably the coolest part.

Chris R

For a building only 3-4 years older than the ACC, it's kinda crazy how...antiquated it feels. The walls feel empty; the paint job makes it feel like a school than an arena with some legitimate history. The beer hall on the upper floor of the entrance seems like it should have the largest selection, but they have a grand total of two on tap. Meanwhile, there's a larger variety hidden in a corner deeper inside. The seats feel small; the view feels flat.

I was blown away when I saw that the United Center was just over 20 years old. It felt like such a dump when I was there. Worn down, bad infrastructure, confusing layout, ect.

Then a few days later I was watching a game at Honda Center, an OLDER stadium, much nicer experience, even if the fans and on ice action wasn't as thrilling.

ColdPizza

Banned

Yeah, their beer selection has kind of been a peeve of mine. Then again, I've decided to stop drinking at games due to the ridiculous price. The seats are what they are. They probably seem small because the average person in Buffalo is on the larger side.

I feel as long as they tie themselves to Delaware North (Bruins owner owns them) that their food and drink selection will largely be generic and pander to the masses.

But yeah, the arena could probably use more character and the ice isn't the best.

They did get a new high powered led lighting system to make the ice brighter. You really can't tell on TV but in person it's a vast difference.

People still pine for the old days of The Aud.

ColdPizza

Banned
Sabres look like dogshit and these games are usually an extra home game for the Leafs.

I know a lot of season ticket holders who specifically sell the Leafs games off to subsidize their ticket fees.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Chris Kelly is a pussy, it's especially disappointing after Smith wasted a power play for his sake.

If someone is going after Norrisson, you pummel his face.

Top Bottom