• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The stopping thing Johansen just did is bullshit and should result in a failed shot automatically, pretty sure Kane does it all the time too

I wish it was the red one, but can't complain.

Order Summary
Products: C$ 160.00
Promo Code: C$ - 119.21
Delivery costs: C$ 4.50
Shipping Discount: C$ 0.00
Total: C$ 51.18
Total Saving: C$ 119.21

If it makes you feel better, Corey Crawford's 5v5 save % is like .980. he's doing it to everyone!

Yeah! Good angle, lets look at save percentages to explain our shitty fucking bullshit.

Lets see here we've got uh..

5-1 loss to Pekka Rinne's Nashville Predators

1-0 loss to Michael Hutchinson's Atlanta Thrashers

I feel sick.

zroid

Banned
Tonight:

Marner - 2 goals
Tkachuk - 2 goals
Dvorak - 1 goal

the line is back together in spirit!

Yeah! Good angle, lets look at save percentages to explain our shitty fucking bullshit.

I feel sick.

it's early

Pikma

Banned

I feel sick.
If only there was something my team could do to cheer you up

Quick

Banned
I deleted Pokemon Go from my iPhone.

Haven't used it fully in probably a couple of months and I have zero interest in it right now. I'm trying to declutter and organize shit on my phone, as menial as that sounds.

YFLVYro.jpg
same

Solo

Busthews 0 points in last 5 games. 40% of his points in his first game. Let's call a bust a bust and embrace our Laine future.

zroid

Banned
Read this yesterday. The final line sums it up, "sports owners are the scum of the earth".

Let's be honest, if you're going to throw a billion dollars at a vanity project, you're probably an asshole

that's the reality of sports team ownership

zroid

Banned
Nashville's decline is just weird

i thought at first they were playing bad because everyone was sick, but it seems like they still haven't gotten much better?

you can say what you want about the Weber trade but the one thing it shouldn't have done is negatively impact 5v5 CF%, so that's probably not the issue

imBask

Banned
Nashville's decline is just weird

i thought at first they were playing bad because everyone was sick, but it seems like they still haven't gotten much better?

you can say what you want about the Weber trade but the one thing it shouldn't have done is negatively impact 5v5 CF%, so that's probably not the issue

why shouldn't it have impacted the CF% ? he's a risky offensive dman, doesn't that result in more shots from the opponent on turnovers?

calder

Yep, feels about right. The Jets decline is easy to see most night, a combination of missing a couple of big possession drivers (Little, Trouba) and having so many very young rookies. Laine is already the best shooter and passer on the team, but his shifts are often caved in possession wise even compared to his linemates especially as he gets a lot of PP time. Connor is the same, without getting 5 SOG a game like Laine does. Morrissey is actually pretty damn solid, love how good he's looked so far in all aspects of the game as a young dman.

zroid

Banned
why shouldn't it have impacted the CF% ? he's a risky offensive dman, doesn't that result in more shots from the opponent on turnovers?

High risk = high reward. turnovers are a misleading stat because players who carry the puck more will turn the puck over more, but they'll also create more scoring chances in the process. ideally you want your most skilled players to carry the puck and take risks because it minimizes the chances of a turnover. if you don't have anyone skilled enough to carry the puck in a given situation, then it results in a dump-in, which is basically a turnover (though it isn't labeled as much).

imBask

Banned
High risk = high reward. turnovers are a misleading stat because players who carry the puck more will turn the puck over more, but they'll also create more scoring chances in the process. ideally you want your most skilled players to carry the puck and take risks because it minimizes the chances of a turnover. if you don't have anyone skilled enough to carry the puck in a given situation, then it results in a dump-in, which is basically a turnover (though it isn't labeled as much).

I see

that's a good explanation, you should do that instead of just dumping silly graphs nobody understands, you're a good guy zroid

Pikma

Banned
What a fucking nerd, ugh

imBask

Banned
would it surprise anyone if Lou was paying them under the table to stay around the team to sign them in case of injury?

Top Bottom