• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Leafs are near the top of that thread poll from yesterday:

6J76i2nl.png

Chris R

The Eagles have the easiest path for sure from all the teams in that list, but I still voted for the Texas Rangers (FUCKEM)

What are we basing 'worst' on? Color scheme? Logo? Design philosophy?

You have to realize that the Canucks have not had a consistent identity in the entire franchise's history compared to the Wings, Habs, Rangers, etc. They've gone from the green and blue (Which IMO is the one they should stay with considering it is pretty much the main colors of every professional sports team in British Columbia and Washington, and it fits the area) to the gaudy Flying V and Flying Skate era, to the original black, blue and red Killer Whale era, to now. That being said, they seem very much bent on continuing with the Killer Whale logo, so whatever.

That being said? My worst choice would probably have to be the Senators. Just because the 3D logo just feels way too plain. I much prefer the old static, 2D logo, but would much rather they go to the simple striped O.

imBask

Banned
the thing is, the jersey patterns aren't that bad on the Canucks jersey, it's the stupid logo and text that doesn't fit... just replace all of this crap by the hockey stick ffs

Columbus' swoopy Ohio flag and star is assy. I really wish they would just stick to their third jerseys.

The problem is that jersey came in an era where EVERYBODY was using a circular logo with the team and city after the Pens used it for both their recent Winter Classic jerseys. I'm trying to remember, St. Louis, Florida alongside Columbus jumped on that trend, and I think only Columbus is still standing on that front.

Socreges

Banned
the thing is, the jersey patterns aren't that bad on the Canucks jersey, it's the stupid logo and text that doesn't fit... just replace all of this crap by the hockey stick ffs
Stupid logo? Do you not like indigenous art? I honestly don't follow.

I like

Having VANCOUVER above is silly, though, and I'm convinced they've included it because the city's name carries a lot of value

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Flames jersey is the worst, just like the city, the province it's in and the people that live there.

Socreges

Banned
Flames jersey is the worst, just like the city, the province it's in and the people that live there.
Hmm let's see

Flames jersey is the worst ☑
just like the city ☑
the province it's in ☑
the people that live there ☑

Yes, you are correct.

Honestly I'd say the Avs have the worst logo and jersey

zroid

Banned
Look what all that Corsi has gotten us.

Wonder how the 2017 draft is shaping up, any potential Matthews?

the funny thing is as much as the Avs improved, they're still below 50%... >.<

isn't their record pretty much in line with slightly below 50% anyhow?

Canucks are just where their record suggests. Not as bad as you'd think, not as good as you'd think. I mean, there are some concerning trends (coming back to win, unable to get a lead, terrible power play, coach doesn't juggle lines) but it's still a relatively small sample size.

That being said, they are on pace for 67 points right now.

imBask

Banned
Stupid logo? Do you not like indigenous art? I honestly don't follow.

I like

Having VANCOUVER above is silly, though, and I'm convinced they've included it because the city's name carries a lot of value

god it's so ugly

the rectangle hockey stick thingy is infinitely better

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Apparently, the federal government has squashed the idea of an outdoor game on Parliament Hill.

The dream is dead. :(

It was a neat pie in the sky idea but pretty much impossible to pull off with the kind of red tape around hosting events on Parliament Hill.

I think it would've been shitty for the fans too as there's not nearly anywhere close to the amount of parking and other facilities required to facilitate an event like this.

Lansdowne is perfect for an event like this, but I have a feeling that the Euge is still bitter about losing the stadium renovation bid to the Lansdowne Live folks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently 6 million people showed up for the Cubs celebration in Chicago today. The population of Chicago is 2.7m. 0_o

In other news, Antti Raanta gets the start tomorrow night in Boston. Hank gets the start on Sunday at the Garden against Winnipeg.

The Ducks have the worst logo in the NHL. I hate the Canucks, but their logos are fine. They just don't have an identity.

I liked the Ducks' jerseys at first, now hate them.

No luck at stores finding good clearance jerseys for World Cup or Leafs. Sportchek and National Sports had an awful and expensive selection.

iLLmAtlc

Nucks are 19th in scoring chances% and 15th in corsi according to natural stat trick, I think that was a click bait piece. Using the team's 1.1 goals per game stat 10 games in to compare to teams that have played 82 games makes 0 sense. The table looks like it's sorted to the goals per game stat too.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Ducks have the worst logo in the NHL. I hate the Canucks, but their logos are fine. They just don't have an identity.

I liked the Ducks' jerseys at first, now hate them.

No luck at stores finding good clearance jerseys for World Cup or Leafs. Sportchek and National Sports had an awful and expensive selection.
Ducks jerseys are awful. Logo is fine but everything else is ugly as fuck.

Top Bottom