• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So the Canucks have lost 9 in a row, franchise record is 10.

Our next game is against the Rangers who have THIRTEEN players on their roster with more points than anyone on our team.

This is going to end well.
10-0

Anything is possible

Meanwhile, at Avs practice today

cut.jpeg

Stasis

Our next game is against the Rangers who have THIRTEEN players on their roster with more points than anyone on our team.

That's an impressive stat. You're due for some goals and we're due to cool the fuck down on scoring.

Maybe you'll blow us out 5-0. I feel like that's a Rangers type of thing to occur. They keep surprising me though! Now that Tabris is gone I have nothing against the Canucks. Maybe Burrows. I'd rather keep winning but if we're gonna lose it'd somehow be more acceptable for me that it be to you guys.

Overall though, a Clinton/Rangers win would be a pretty great evening.

Edit: I think the most impressive detail about the stat is that one of those 13 players is Golden Nick Holden. Or that Grabelin has more goals than any Canuck has points. Lol.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Play your backup goaltender, and you should be totally fine.

Anyway, more seriously, the Rangers are due for a dud. This will be their 6th game in 10 nights and effectively end the opening segment of the season for them. They're off after tonight until Saturday, when they begin their first real road trip of the season and head to Western Canada, so they're in a good deal of danger of looking past this game on to the nice little break and travel that follows. Factor in that they already looked pretty depleted against the Jets (but still berserker raged to a 4 goal second period anyway to run away with it), and the circumstances are pretty ripe for a clunker.

ESPECIALLY against a struggling team at Madison Square Garden.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
The Preds sent down Marek Mazanec and Kevin Fiala, and are calling up Juuse Saros and Pontus Aberg.

Not sure why Fiala is getting punished for this mess, he hasn't been playing any worse than our lame top forwards. The switch from Mazanec to Saros on the other hand should have happened a long time ago, and I hope Juuse actually gets some starts instead of being a bench ornament.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Same lines for the Rangers tonight, looks like Girardi is swapping back in for Clendening. Antti Raanta is working out of the starter's net, so he may be getting the start tonight. Would be nice to have Raanta go twice in three games and effectively give Hank the week off.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Play your backup goaltender, and you should be totally fine.

Anyway, more seriously, the Rangers are due for a dud. This will be their 6th game in 10 nights and effectively end the opening segment of the season for them. They're off after tonight until Saturday, when they begin their first real road trip of the season and head to Western Canada, so they're in a good deal of danger of looking past this game on to the nice little break and travel that follows. Factor in that they already looked pretty depleted against the Jets (but still berserker raged to a 4 goal second period anyway to run away with it), and the circumstances are pretty ripe for a clunker.

ESPECIALLY against a struggling team at Madison Square Garden.

Following up on this, the Canucks ARE playing their backup goalie...

Delryk

Applies to the candidate with the highest popular vote percentage at the next US presidential election
Hillary Clinton 1.17
Donald Trump 4.75

Good pay day if you bet on Trump and he wins.. ROFL.

PillarEN

Applies to the candidate with the highest popular vote percentage at the next US presidential election
Hillary Clinton 1.17
Donald Trump 4.75

Good pay day if you bet on Trump and he wins.. ROFL.

Trump! Trump! Trump!

You guys in the US relaxed today? I'll be enjoying some hockey tonight and peeking at results here and there. Feeling calm as I expect Trump to lose hard.

Top Bottom