• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

calder

So...can we start on that northern border wall now or?...

NtAZdGZ.gif

zroid

Banned
Nate Silver has to be feeling the strangest combination of smugness and terror atm

I am going to bed. Can't watch anymore election coverage, it's just upsetting me at this point.

IF he wins, I think there's a little bit of a silver lining. A Trump presidency will at least get people to pay more attention to executive power creep.

Maybe.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah climb trees and shout shit outside the white house. That`ll do something. What a statement. Better than voting >.>

Fucking idiots.

If Clinton won I felt we were going to lose the White House in 4 years anyway, now the Republicans will lose. It's going to be a shitty 4 years though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Clinton won I feel we were going to lose the White House in 4 years anyway, now the Republicans will lose. It's going to be a shitty 4 years though.

I worry about a few things. Healthcare. Supreme Court. Minorities. I feel SO bad for you guys right now.

Can obama do a recess appointment to the Supreme Court? It should be his to nominate anyway.

Socreges

Banned
If Clinton won I feel we were going to lose the White House in 4 years anyway, now the Republicans will lose. It's going to be a shitty 4 years though.
He can and will do a LOT of damage in 4 years.

- climate change
- trade agreements
- military agreements and alliances
- decisions on humanitarian or military interventions
- tax policy
- supreme court appointments
- universal health care
- welfare state generally
- unions
- immigration policy

His executive power is limited by the other branches of course, but not enough.

Smiley90

He can and will do a LOT of damage in 4 years.

- climate change
- trade agreements
- military agreements and alliances
- decisions on humanitarian or military interventions
- tax policy
- supreme court appointments
- universal health care
- welfare state generally
- unions
- immigration policy

His executive power is limited by the other branches of course, but not enough.

Other branches are Republican for at least 4 years though.

Can he at least push through a Supreme Court nominee as a recess appointment? If he can he should pick the most liberal one he can as a last hurrah.

Socreges

Banned
Other branches are Republican for at least 4 years though.

Can he at least push through a Supreme Court nominee as a recess appointment? If he can he should pick the most liberal one he can as a last hurrah.
Yes, I know. But he still needs to get their consent in some respects. There is an important distinction between Trump and Republicans.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pennsylvania is now at 99% reporting. It's over. Hillary has no path left. Have to think an official call will be coming from the news organizations imminently.

Pennsylvania is now at 99% reporting. It's over. Hillary has no path left. Have to think an official call will be coming from the news organizations imminently.

Even if she ended up winning NH, Penn and MI she'd be tied. In which case Trump would still win because of Republican house control.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
All the skeptics were right, I can't believe he runs that country now.

If Clinton won I felt we were going to lose the White House in 4 years anyway, now the Republicans will lose. It's going to be a shitty 4 years though.
This is the line of thinking that lost the election, indifference outvoted hate.

Smiley90

That's what the Democrats get for cheating Bernie and having one of the most unlikeable candidates in modern history. Trump is unlikeable but energizes. Clinton is unlikeable and boring.

Red_Man

That's what the Democrats get for cheating Bernie and having one of the most unlikeable candidates in modern history. Trump is unlikeable but energizes. Clinton is unlikeable and boring.
You can't blame this on Hilary, I don't like her but she is still the most qualified Presidential nominee of all time, you need to blame the general public, the media, and the electoral vote make up for how the fuck this happened. Trump should have been eliminated before the primaries, this is a coup.

Smiley90

You can't blame this on Hilary, I don't like her but she is still the most qualified Presidential nominee of all time, you need to blame the general public, the media, and the electoral vote make up for how the fuck this happened. Trump should have been eliminated before the primaries, this is a coup.

I'm not blaming her but she IS unlikeable. Bernie was at least energizing people.

I blame the DNC for rigging it and force-feeding her down people's throats and then people were stuck with two people they didnt want to vote for. Trump energized people at least.

Red_Man

I'm not blaming her but she IS unlikeable. Bernie was at least energizing people.

I blame the DNC for rigging it and force-feeding her down people's throats and then people were stuck with two people they didnt want to vote for. Trump energized people at least.
She is unlikeable, but it shouldn't matter how unlikeable you are when it comes down to the president of the US and your competition is a ignorant, racist, sexist, xenophobic literal piece of human garbage. It comes down to education and the lack there of. Voting for Trump because you "don't trust Hilary" will be a decision that haunts future generations. This comes down to consumer idiocy not the DNC rigging shit.

I can only imagine what Jon Stewart is doing right now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Clinton isn't going to concede? Apparently Podesta is going to speak, and not her.

The AP and news orgs still have yet to call the election, and it's entirely possible that it might not happen tonight even though the writing is obviously on the wall.

Smiley90

She is unlikeable, but it shouldn't matter how unlikeable you are when it comes down to the president of the US and your competition is a ignorant, racist, sexist, xenophobic literal piece of human garbage. It comes down to education and the lack there of. Voting for Trump because you "don't trust Hilary" will be a decision that haunts future generations. This comes down to consumer idiocy not the DNC rigging shit.

I can only imagine what Jon Stewart is doing right now.

Like I said earlier: I agree. It shows facts dont matter to the electorate, all that matters is a populist message. Which for the US is apparently that being bigoted, racist and xenophobic is what they want.

This election is on the electorate of the US being terrible people (evidently) and the DNC being too blind to see what would resonate. She's the most qualified but that doesnt matter to the electorate.

Top Bottom