• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

zroid

Banned
Meh I can't do much but roll my eyes at shit like "(has liked several pro-Trump tweets)". That whole list is weird as hell and almost as off putting as voting for a asshole like Trump.

Yeah, the case they make for some of them is obviously much weaker than others. But still, even the handful with strong evidence is bad enough.

Socreges

Banned
Statistically it's not since she won the popular vote

Not to mention tons of people in non-swing states dont vote anyway...
And not to mention that the amount of American NHL players is no where close to a representative sample of people who voted for Trump.

And not to mention that while NHL player demographics overlaps in some respects with Trump voter demographics, we do not have a clear picture of what 'guy who grew up playing hockey' looks like politically.

And not to mention that Clinton handily won the majority of 19-35 year olds.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Suspected Ekblad earlier seeing his Insta talking about staying at a Trump hotel. He has a Latina lady friend too.

staying at a Trump hotel doesn't mean much tho... I mean, just because I stay at a Hilton doesn't mean I'm a huge Paris Hilton fan right

calder

staying at a Trump hotel doesn't mean much tho... I mean, just because I stay at a Hilton doesn't mean I'm a huge Paris Hilton fan right

Holy shit.

*adds Smelly to Stasi-like google doc of suspected Paris Hilton lovers meant to prove... something.. maybe...*

PillarEN

Robin Lehner (put Trump on his goalie mask) - fucking A. Replace Trump with anime you goof

Don Cherry (COUNTLESS pro-Trump, racist, etc. tweets) - shocking

Patrick Kane (?) (Apparently a registered Democrat, but also lives/lived in one of Trump’s buildings and has said it’s his favorite Chicago landmark) - I mean your home being your favorite landmark doesn't make you a Trump lover

Mike Fisher (Liked countless pro-Trump tweets) - He couldn't vote anyways. I wonder if his wife is yuge Trump fan simply because he's the Republican choice

Max Domi (Wore Trump socks/MAGA) - Like father like son?

Tie Domi (Tweeted about Max’s pro-Trump socks) - Like father like son. I like how tries to play it off like "oh I don't support either candidate. We got Canadian problems." Bull-shit. Plenty of Trump leaning tweets

Carlo Colaiacovo (COUNTLESS racist and pro-Trump tweets/favorites) - Probably a brain issue ever since he tried to kill a Senator but instead bumped into Varada and fucked himself up

By the way, that Google doc has plenty of wrong links. Colaiacovo goes to Booth. Max Domi goes to Tie Domi. Fix your document if you are going to try to be credible.

Looked it up, was just the location. Hopefully as far as it goes:

ZwnipJH.png

I get weary because Beezer burned me when I found out he was terrible person. Demers seems like he is cool though.

zroid

Banned
It just occurred to me that Shanny is going to be playing against the Leafs at the Centennial Classic Alumni game. That's pretty funny. :lol

So Eddie Lack (maybe?), Thatcher Demko, Robin Lehner and Seguin (maybe?)

Morgan Rielly liked an Instagram post saying that Trump shouldn't have won ;_;

Found this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gaayLeBwE1FlgdehVbd-lg6l7H8U0-I3QeeHpFDfFto/edit
That's fuckin depressing...

I know that it's using an inaccurate method and that, statistically, there are going to be a large number of NHL players and athletes in general who have shitty political views, but I don't want to know exactly which ones.

I like(d) Jeff Petry, man... He seemed like a smart guy.

calder

I know no one cares what a bunch of randos in Canada think but I wanted to share this convo and didn't want to bother typing a bunch of shit about Trump:

Overly optimistic? Maybe! But let's hope not. ;) I just remember 2000 and that godawful nightmare with the recounts and talk of insurrection etc and while I absolutely think Trump is worse than GWB ever could imagine being he's also lazy and stupid as fucking hell. The saving grace of his (hopefully short) time as president might be the fact he doesn't actually believe in much of anything beyond enriching himself so who knows how hard he'll actually try to do most of the shit he's talked about.

The most fascinating part of his presidency, and the thing that could easily fuck him, will be his inability/unwillingness to divest himself of his companies and ignore his business holdings for 4 years. I really doubt he'll be able to do it.

Chris R

Looked it up, was just the location. Hopefully as far as it goes:

I get weary because Beezer burned me when I found out he was terrible person. Demers seems like he is cool though.

It is a very nice building right on the Chicago riverfront.

I've visited Chicago twice and would have prefer ed to stay there to the rooms I got both times.

Socreges

Banned
is it something about being a Canucks fan that prevents you guys from getting the joke?
Didn't look like you were conceding that

Majority would've been too obvious since, well Trump won

was wrong. That's what we were responding to, regardless of the "stats are stats" reference. Or maybe it's a joke within a joke and you're just parroting Trump!

Oh sure ask the grieving to have a sense of humor.
Still ahead of the Avs...

Avs will be a better team, but your burn rings hollow for now!

Still ahead of the Avs...

Avs will be a better team, but your burn rings hollow for now!
That was a show of understanding man, not a burn. Both teams are boned. I just wish Sakic could do anything about it right now without giving away talent for nothing. Next year we'll have way more flexibility to fix shit.

Socreges

Banned
That was a show of understanding man, not a burn. Both teams are boned. I just wish Sakic could do anything about it right now without giving away talent for nothing. Next year we'll have way more flexibility to fix shit.
Oh....I see

Who's coming off the books next year?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Budaj in net, strong possession team, Desharnais finally scratched, great record, this is such an obvious loss coming up.

Foggy

Seth Jones, the hell?

Does he have a history of concussions?

He's currently injured because of a hairline fracture in his foot. Painkillers?

And now Nick Foligno is in his 2nd Papa Johns commercial! How deep does it all go?!?!?!?

Top Bottom