• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

I love it when Parch shows up like one time each season and the only thing he does is whine that no one gives the Oilers any respect.

DSez300_400x400.jpg

edit: That's more like it. That's the team I know.

edit edit: There we go! Blow that 2 goal lead faster than you got it. Lots of garbage on the ice tonight at pepsi center.

Parch

I love it when Parch shows up like one time each season and the only thing he does is whine that no one gives the Oilers any respect.
Actually, I've commented more on the Habs than the Oilers. There hasn't been a whole lot of respect for the Oilers from me in recent years. That is changing.

It's worth mentioning that no matter who posts, any Oiler post is almost immediately shit on. That's why there are very few Oiler fans on this board.

Quick

Banned
Actually, I've commented more on the Habs than the Oilers. There hasn't been a whole lot of respect for the Oilers from me in recent years. That is changing.

It's worth mentioning that no matter who posts, any Oiler post is almost immediately shit on. That's why there are very few Oiler fans on this board.

lol like other teams are immune to getting shit on.

The Oilers have sucked for the last decade and some spineless fans like yourself decided to hide away under some victim mentality. That is the very reason for the lack of Oilers fans here - spinelessness.

I'm no model citizen here, nor is anybody else, but at least we accept and understand our teams' own ineptitude in varying levels (fuck you Marvie and your stupid successful team), and can discuss it.

First sign of shit posts and you're ready to scurry off blaming us because so much as a questionable comment about your team's player already makes you flake.

They've seen better days.

I respect your opinion and I fully agree. The Colorado Avalanche have seen better days. I am saddened that you feel negatively about my team, but I intend to stick around and hope that through regular discussions we may come to a better understanding of each other regarding the Colorado Avalanche.

they're not very good at hockey

I respect your opinion and I fully agree. The Colorado Avalanche are not very good at hockey. I am saddened that you feel negatively about my team, but I intend to stick around and hope that through regular discussions we may come to a better understanding of each other regarding the Colorado Avalanche.

Socreges

Banned
What? Russell is +6, best among Oiler defencemen. Oilers are among the best GA teams in the conference.

Oh wait, I forgot. This is NHLGAF. Shit on the Oilers at every opportunity no matter what the standings. Such a welcoming board. Sorry. I'll keep my Oiler opinion at a minimum.
Holy christ you're sensitive. Please allow Stars fans to doubt the defensive prowess of ex-Star Russell, regardless of how impressive his +/- stat is

Stasis

What? Russell is +6, best among Oiler defencemen. Oilers are among the best GA teams in the conference.

Oh wait, I forgot. This is NHLGAF. Shit on the Oilers at every opportunity no matter what the standings. Such a welcoming board. Sorry. I'll keep my Oiler opinion at a minimum.

Im LTTP here but in NHLGAF everyone shits on every team. Salt is welcome.

If I got upset when ppl poopoo'd on the Rangers I would have left 3 years ago.

It's not for everyone but you can't take it personally. Just tell them to fuck off, explain why you're better, and shit on their team. It's kind of how it works. They're (we're, but I'm not around as much...) an OK bunch overall!

Pikma

Banned
Im LTTP here but in NHLGAF everyone shits on every team. Salt is welcome.

If I got upset when ppl poopoo'd on the Rangers I would have left 3 years ago.

It's not for everyone but you can't take it personally. Just tell them to fuck off, explain why you're better, and shit on their team. It's kind of how it works. They're (we're, but I'm not around as much...) an OK bunch overall!
You're not wrong, it's part of the charm, me for example:

19 & 21 talking shit about the Stars is what pulled me in and made me get more involved in the community threads

#TrueFact

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Every team gets shit on - the Oilers aren't special in that regard. The Leafs get shit on constantly. I would have left ages ago if I let it bother me.

In fact, I believe the only team NHLGaf is united in salt against is the Kings.

Foggy

99% of the time people mention the Blue Jackets here it's either LOLTorts or "to the Blue Jackets?!" when someone loses(10-0 lol). Even in Discord people were laughing that the BJs have no players despite Wennberg, at that time, being tied for assists and Werenski as a rookie defenseman being on a ppg pace. It happens. Who cares. It's fueled by ignorance, insecurity, and salt. Call them out on it.

The other 1% of the time people talk about the BJs is when Soc is happy Werenski is on his fantasy team. Which he should be because Werenski is awesome.

Holiday

Banned
The key is to hate your team as much or more than a fan of any rival team ever could, and at the same time be offended by any other fanbase's optimism.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
99% of the time people mention the Blue Jackets here it's either LOLTorts or "to the Blue Jackets?!" when someone loses(10-0 lol). Even in Discord people were laughing that the BJs have no players despite Wennberg, at that time, being tied for assists and Werenski as a rookie defenseman being on a ppg pace. It happens. Who cares. It's fueled by ignorance, insecurity, and salt. Call them out on it.

The other 1% of the time people talk about the BJs is when Soc is happy Werenski is on his fantasy team. Which he should be because Werenski is awesome.

I've got no beef with the Blue Jackets....but LOLTorts. Though I'd say that about any team who had Torts.

Honestly I remember the Columbus fans being pretty great when they were in the playoffs.

The key is to hate your team as much or more than a fan of any rival team ever could, and at the same time be offended by any other fanbase's optimism.

:lol

imBask

Banned

BJs still suck tho LOL

did Winnipeg just fall asleep in the 2nd period or

They were on a back to back if memory serves, but weren't very good all night. We helped 'em out though cause we're a very generous team. And then they helped us out cause Ehlers has the ghost of Dan Boyle in his bones.

Also just so the world knows, Rene Bourque has the second most goals on the team right now.

Top Bottom