• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

imBask

Banned
Just cancelled my Pokemon order because I have other games to play. I feel dead inside, is this what being an adult feels like?

CxPMnCQXgAAUfCK.jpg

giphy.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
arena for yotes for 2019-2020 season

partnered with ASU

16,000 seat

they announce in like 30 minutes or so i hear

if they are putting it at university/rural they'd be right on the LRT line... minutes away from Scottsdale... and actually be near a major road... if you look at a map... westgate is in a stupid area... in every respect

partnered with ASU

16,000 seat

This is the big one. I well imagine that ASU will be the catalyst for hockey coming into the PAC-12. And not only that, help with regards to the stadium situation.

Besides, from what Yotes fans have said on Reddit, and maybe Queso can vouch for this, but the East Valley where the new arena is planning to go is already closer to where the Coyotes fans are, that being Phoenix, Tempe, Tucson and Scottsdale. Much better then getting it out all the way in Glendale where the only other thing is the Cardinals stadium.

zroid

Banned
jeffler tweeted a couple fun charts which i won't post here but the gist is:

Hunwick-Polak is the most defensively porous D pairing the Leafs have ever used over the past 10 years, which definitely doesn't surprise me, but it's nice to see it quantified

conversely, the two best D pairings the Leafs have used over the past 10 years (200+ min) are Gardiner-Rielly and Gardiner-Carrick. i like having Rielly play the left side so i don't think we need to reunite him with Gardiner, but Gardiner-Carrick is something that should stick. But Babcock keeps pairing him with Polak...

Chris R

partnered with ASU

16,000 seat

if they are putting it at university/rural they'd be right on the LRT line... minutes away from Scottsdale... and actually be near a major road... if you look at a map... westgate is in a stupid area... in every respect

Sweet. I got family who live in Mesa and Tempe is a much better location. Downtown would have been cool too but whatever.

At the very least, this stadium deal does show that ASU is very much committed to making hockey at the university level in Arizona work. As I said before, I hope this means the seeds for a hockey PAC-12 are realized considering how deep hockey now runs in California and soon to be Arizona.

Chris R

Why not just say tempe marketplace lol singling out a burger chain

I think what's most important is it's right beside salt river

Burger chain?

2YFfur1.gif

Portillos is an institution. Get yourself an italian beef and a chocolate cake shake and then hate yourself for the next week.

DopeyFish

Well, i'll tell you the announcement wasn't that good.

A lot of ifs and maybes.

Sounds like the money isn't there, yet. Design isn't there, either.

They are hoping on public money from AZ and Tempe... oof.

And in fairness to ASU, the 16,000 and 4,000 seat arena makes sense. The men's basketball team would like a new arena, and so it makes sense for both the Coyotes and Sun Devils basketball to share that arena, and then the smaller one would be used for everything else. Also would make ASU more attractive to hold PAC-12 basketball championships and the like.

Big news for anybody in Chicago, Washington, and the Bay area:

NBC SPORTS REGIONAL NETWORKS INTRODUCE LIVE, LOCAL NHL STREAMING

NBC Sports Regional Networks and its National Hockey League (NHL) team partners are now offering live, local streaming of games, as well as NHL pre- and postgame coverage. The new streaming offering is available without any additional costs to subscribers of NBC Sports Group’s CSN regional sports networks (RSNs), through participating providers. This regional initiative advances NBCUniversal’s implementation of “TV Everywhere,” which strives to make quality content available to authenticated customers both in and out of the home, and on multiple platforms.

CSN’s rollout of live, local NHL streaming allows authenticated viewers to stream live games and related coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers, San Jose Sharks and Washington Capitals. Additional information and specific timing as it relates to the complete schedule of streaming content will be announced separately via the CSN Chicago, CSN Philadelphia, CSN California and CSN Mid-Atlantic communications and marketing teams. Authenticated CSN subscribers now have the ability to access live NHL and NBA games, as well as other sports programming, even when traveling outside of their region, provided they are within the United States.

“Our introduction of live, local NHL streaming marks another important step toward making all of our live content available to CSN subscribers, wherever they are and on any device,” said David Preschlack, President, NBC Sports Regional Networks, and NBC Sports Group Platform and Content Strategy. “Digital consumption of our live, local NBA games continues to grow year over year, and we are confident that NHL fans in our markets will find great value in this offering as well.”

partnered with ASU

16,000 seat

giphy.gif

it's only a couple cm away from downtown Phoenix on google maps

Oh memories...

LOL Arizona

just move them already

fuckoffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Wonder if Vegas might turn out to be the better desert team.

I was looking for an anime gif to represent my feelings to this. I stopped at projectile bleeding noses.

DopeyFish

y'know

someone on HF brings up a good point

why is the coyotes announcing this before they even have a lease in gila river?

glendale could play master troll and just say lolgoaway after this season... then the yotes will have to grovel at the suns for a temp home

Unblock-Us plus the free GameCenter subscription I get with my Internet package get me every Leafs game
my brother does that, and I'm the one who suggested it to him. Still its questionable legality and clearly against the terms of service. A proper streaming service that just lets me watch the damn games without needing a local TV subscription is all I want. TV is such a waste of money when literally the only thing I would ever watch on it is hockey

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm 3 episodes behind. Should probably get back in there before someone spoils it for me
I would try and catch up ASAP, I feel like the spoilers will be out there pretty blatantly. An amazing episode, I had to watch some scenes multiple times.

y'know

someone on HF brings up a good point

why is the coyotes announcing this before they even have a lease in gila river?

glendale could play master troll and just say lolgoaway after this season... then the yotes will have to grovel at the suns for a temp home

Because fuck Glendale and Gila River Arena.

The Coyotes started at America West Arena and only left because no one in the upper deck in one end area could see the goal. It could work again as a short term solution.

Top Bottom