• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Raanta was just in a full split from goalpost to goalpost with an Oiler on top of him. That looked painful as shit. Seems fine.

Grabner could legit already have a hat trick in this one. :D

Stasis

Raanta was just in a full split from goalpost to goalpost with an Oiler on top of him. That looked painful as shit. Seems fine.

Grabner could legit already have a hat trick in this one. :D

These are now known as Grabtricks™

Loving the play so far, and again seeing McDavid. Kinda want a McDonagh - Skjei pairing on him just for their speed. Still not as fast him, obviously, but Girardi could easy give up a goal if McDonagh isn't super careful.

you guys have someone who cleans your house?

look at mr BigShot McAlbertaCableOwner over here

Haha, I wish

We used to pay a down on her luck lady from my Dad's work, as she cleaned the factory there. However, she went berserk so we hired someone else off of Kijiji.

See my thread for info.

is that a Tabris alt?

No. No alt. Enough with that.

"she was washing my golden bidet while I was resting my feet on her back and playing on my apple watch when she told me that" -OCDChewie

lol...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Haha, I wish

We used to pay a down on her luck lady from my Dad's work, as she cleaned the factory there. However, she went berserk so we hired someone else off of Kijiji.

See my thread for info.

No. No alt. Enough with that.

lol...

that's exactly what an alt would say

BigAT

G!

We've been surprisingly good with the extra attacker lately.

Am I correct in thinking goals off of that situation are extremely rare? I don't ever remember it happening with any sort of frequency when I watched hockey growing up, but I've seen the Rangers score off it twice already this year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Am I correct in thinking goals off of that situation are extremely rare? I don't ever remember it happening with any sort of frequency when I watched hockey growing up, but I've seen the Rangers score off it twice already this year.

It's not thaaaat uncommon. Probably somewhat less uncommon than powerplay goals. Canucks scored off of it tonight too.

zroid

Banned
LOL I was just listening to the SDP, and Steve told a story about how he was trying to send a text message to corroborate a rumour he heard about Garret Sparks running out of rope in the Leafs organization.

...and he accidentally sent the text to Garret Sparks

so awkward D: D: D: D:

BigAT

So I guess for Toronto to let someone as talented as Grabner walk away, they must have nothing but better players on their roster. Is it safe to assume then that the Maple Leafs are the best team in the NHL?

Yawnier

Banned
LOL I was just listening to the SDP, and Steve told a story about how he was trying to send a text message to corroborate a rumour he heard about Garret Sparks running out of rope in the Leafs organization.

...and he accidentally sent the text to Garret Sparks

so awkward D: D: D: D:

The SDP from last Thursday was so good.

Steve and Adam going ham on Trump and his supporters was godlike

Eh? Was no joke man. Calm the fuck down.

He's been accused twice is all I'm saying.

yes, it's a serious issue, which is why you shouldn't be using it jokingly as a way to playfully make fun of another sports team that your favorite team happens to be playing

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really get what AV's thought process was in this one. "I wasn't going to play Clendening tonight, so even though I now have to dress him because we don't have enough players, I'm still going to just go with 17 skaters for the second half of a back-to-back on a Western road trip." Huh?

Lucky to walk out with a win while needlessly over-fatigued and thus thoroughly trounced in the possession game. Can't complain about being 12-4-0 after 16 games, though.

Here's a weird stat for you: Dan Girardi is now tied with Alex Ovechkin, Shea Weber, Mitch Marner, Artem Anisimov, and Marcus Johansson for the most game winning goals on the season.

Socreges

Banned
Trump's election has dominated every conversation in my daily life. Not one person who doesn't want to talk about it. And when I think or read about it in private, I honestly get sad.

And this is Canada. Can't imagine how you guys are coping.

Watching SNL with Chappelle was therapeutic. Amazing opening monologue.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Missed the game, but not surprised by the result, and that Kane goal will be on the highlights for the rest of the season.

Pikma

Banned
I hadn't realized until now that Canucks were 2-11 in their last 13 games and they beat us yesterday...

So StarsGAF

How do you think management will use the 1st overall pick

A) Draft a goalie
B) Draft a big but kinda stupid russian forward
C) Draft an unknown amateur but supposedly promising hockey player(???)
D) Sell it for a couple of thousands so they can give more money to Lehtonen
E) Trade it for Russell
F) Shove it up their asses

Bonus answer) None of the above because management is delusionally stupid and they think the shit defense, the shit goaltending and the shit depth will fix itself the moment the players magically start playing "the right way", all that with no adjustments whatsoever

Top Bottom