• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

imBask

Banned
15107431_1160635497304943_2600315073340549896_n.jpg

nice shirt George...

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Rick Westhead‏ @rwesthead
Coyotes pledging at least $100M & have reportedly asked govt to contribute as much as $750M from sales/excise taxes.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

but remember, this is what the Canucks ownership group wants. To have the team basically populated by scrubs and over the hill veterans. They can sneak into a wildcard spot easily!

Defence will be iffy as long as Tanev is out, and they can't expect to play Lehtonen every night (he looked pretty bad on some of those goals).

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
arena for yotes for 2019-2020 season

partnered with ASU

16,000 seat

they announce in like 30 minutes or so i hear

if they are putting it at university/rural they'd be right on the LRT line... minutes away from Scottsdale... and actually be near a major road... if you look at a map... westgate is in a stupid area... in every respect

Only 16K? They should go to 40K! PHX is the supreme hockey market in thw world!!!!!11111!!1!

Seriously, another 17K seater ain't gonna hurt Yotes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have called up Boo Nieves from Hartford after the injuries to Kreider and Buchnevich. If Buch still can't go, Nieves would be making his NHL debut against Vancouver tomorrow night.

Also:
CxP_qf6UcAAdTLI.jpg

DopeyFish

so the yotes also making residential/hotel/mixed use

they only want tax rebates

$400 mil build cost, coyotes spending half - rest from tax rebate

edit:

actually to make more accurate

Coyotes spend half... public spends half... but using tax rebate as a method to pay off public money

if state says no... coyotes would be done. Leblanc says this whole thing is contingent on AZ playing along

state legislator is in session until april... so we will know by end of season if coyotes are staying or going. for real, this time.

Yawnier

Banned

Coyotes spend half... public spends half... but using tax rebate as a method to pay off public money

if state says no... coyotes would be done. Leblanc says this whole thing is contingent on AZ playing along

state legislator is in session until april... so we will know by end of season if coyotes are staying or going. for real, this time.
Wow

Get ready for the Quebec Coyotes in 2017-2018

edit:

Poor Coyotes. I like that team right now and it's going to be really really good in a few years.I'm sure Quebec City or Seattle will treat you guys with love, whoever gets their shit together first.

DopeyFish

Poor Coyotes. I like that team right now and it's going to be really really good in a few years.I'm sure Quebec City or Seattle will treat you guys with love, whoever gets their shit together first.

I should also add the reason they don't have a lease beyond this season is if this fails.

Basically at the all or nothing stage.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

edit:

Oof, that's one hell of an uphill battle they're gonna face.

Get ready for the Quebec Nordiques/Seattle/Houston/Toronto/Portland/Whoever calls dibs first if it falls though.

DopeyFish

Seattle could be building an arena right now if the city council wasn't so full of stupid doo doo heads.

At least if relocation to QC happens, the doors are wiiiiide open for seattle

Worst case scenario for seattle is if coyotes stay.

QC is being held onto purely for the back up plan.

If coyotes stay, I expect Quebec expansion to be fast tracked

Chris R

At least if relocation to QC happens, the doors are wiiiiide open for seattle

Worst case scenario for seattle is if coyotes stay.

QC is being held onto purely for the back up plan.

If coyotes stay, I expect Quebec expansion to be fast tracked

QC gets the Hurricanes whenever they fold.

Seattle should get a new team, leagues would be balanced :(

Pikma

Banned
Did I mention San Diego voted NO on paying for a new stadium for the Chargers? Now they're fucked and deservedly so.

Chris R

Hurricanes legal issue was settled though

But settlement wasn't made public so not too sure what happened there

Ah ok, for some reason I thought they were still really hard up for $$$

I know I saw a post about them pulling sub 8,000 people for one home game :(

Top Bottom