• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Quick

Banned
Not even about the Leafs, it's something about the oilers that just kills me. Maybe the awful sensation they're going to win the draft lottery
over the Jets
and get Connor McDavid next year somehow. :p

iJ5JK0azRxfng.gif

I'm watching you, Calder.

I see you rollin', you hatin'.

wtf?

He played like shit tonight and created that chance by an iffy punch to the back.

He's capable of much better, so I don't know what the hell happened to him tonight...maybe Wilson was in the building or something?

I realize that many of you guys were being sarcastic on the good comments but it's still funny.

I didn't watch the game at all. How did Bernier play? Looking at his numbers for my fantasy team he didn't seem to have that great of a game. Linked to Franson's poor play?

Samyy

The rollercoaster of emotions you Leafs fans give the rest of us
KuGsj.gif

"Franson you suck!"
"Trade Franson!"
"Franson you're amazing!"
"omg franson. such amazing. so poise."

Mostly joking about the last two
Bernier was average but he came out of the end there and made an amazing save to give the Leafs a chance.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Marc Denis is a commentor now????

Dude was supposed to be a blue chip goalie at one point in time.

I realize that many of you guys were being sarcastic on the good comments but it's still funny.

I didn't watch the game at all. How did Bernier play? Looking at his numbers for my fantasy team he didn't seem to have that great of a game. Linked to Franson's poor play?

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Franson was very lackadaisical, Kadri had some REALLY sloppy plays, the Leafs couldn't even handle each other's own bloody passes, and they were chasing the puck a lot.

Bernier had that one highlight save that saved the game BUT THAT CHANCE HAPPENED CAUSE FRANSON WAS AN IDIOT!

He looked very beatable tonight, and I expect to see Reimer in the next game.

Montresor

It looked like Franson shoved Nuge to the ground. You don't get a penalty for shoving someone like that. To be fair I only caught one replay so far.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lucky they were playing the Oilers, possibly the only other team with worse team defense than the Leafs. This game is a loss against 28 other teams.

The score wouldn't be so high though. For as weak as the Oilers are on defensive, their offense is top notch.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It looked like Franson shoved Nuge to the ground. You don't get a penalty for shoving someone like that. To be fair I only caught one replay so far.

He very clearly swung at RNH, and seemed to make contact with his forearm or something.

RNH did go down kind of easily though, but like ol geezer Cherry said, they needed to be careful of the rush the other way...

Really, that 4 on 4 REALLY favoured the Oil and it's their own fault for not burying it.

jaybeeze

Lol Scott Oake just butchered the pronunciation of Galchenyuk.

'Galenchuk'

Crowd should be amazing tonight. Pumped for this game!

Franson may have created that 3 on 1, but my gosh it was good he did after his completely terrible game otherwise.

RNH needs to learn that he's not going to get that kind of call in OT.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bernier was way off tonight too. Sure the defense was bad but he looked dazed a few times out there. Reimer back in next game.

Feels good that we can do this.

Now you can see why Carlyle wouldn't just outright call Bernier the #1. This was his first time going 3 straight starts too so him being a bit off may have been because of that as well.

Either way onward and forward!

Quick

Banned
1-0 Sharks. Hertl gets one.

CBC HD has both their feeds set on the Habs/Canucks game, so I'm stuck watching the the Sens/Sharks on CBC Beta Definition.

Now you can see why Carlyle wouldn't just outright call Bernier the #1. This was his first time going 3 straight starts too so him being a bit off may have been because of that as well.

Exactly. Reimer's probably getting a start in the next few days.

yyzjohn

Banned

Leafs can score but let's be honest here, Dubnyk was shit tonight. A win is a win though. I just want to forget this game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs can score but let's be honest here, Dubnyk was shit tonight. A win is a win though. I just want to forget this game.

I could say the same for 3 other games. I don't know what it is, but this version of the Leafs just seems to grind out wins.

I still think we could've beaten Col too.

edit: holy crap, Van...you'd better charge the point cause Subban's point shot is going to go in if you let him wind up like that.

LevelNth

Banned
I disagree with Bernier being off tonight. He was solid, just not the spectacular we've seen in the last three. I'm all for giving Reims a go on Tuesday of course, but if this is Bernier's off game, I'm very very happy.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
He very clearly swung at RNH, and seemed to make contact with his forearm or something.

RNH did go down kind of easily though, but like ol geezer Cherry said, they needed to be careful of the rush the other way...

Really, that 4 on 4 REALLY favoured the Oil and it's their own fault for not burying it.
Fuck that. You can't punch opponents - even if it's just a glancing blow - in the back of the head. A roughing penalty would have been the right call. Props to the Leafs for capitalizing though.

Btw, it shouldn't have even gone to overtime but.. Dubnyk.

I disagree with Bernier being off tonight. He was solid, just not the spectacular we've seen in the last three.
Bernier was pretty awful. What the hell is the TO media/fans smoking? His diving glove save in the 3rd was niiiice tho.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that. You can't punch opponents - even if it's just a glancing blow - in the back of the head. A roughing penalty would have been the right call. Props to the Leafs for capitalizing though.

Btw, it shouldn't have even gone to overtime but.. Dubnyk.

It was not in the back of the head, it was around the name on the jersey...

That's not to say he wasn't AIMING for his head, but it looked like a forearm to the back/upper back.

I cheer for a good hockey game, I don't cheer or hate on either side.
Kave_Man is Good Guy Reimer in disguise

Top Bottom