• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Players about to arrive at the Garden.

BXr8667IUAAJDXt.jpg:large

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Daniel Sedin leads all Canucks in penalty minutes lolololol. Bizzaro world because Backes was a sore loser and decided to go after him after OT ended and Daniel somehow got 12mins for that. Burrows has his work cut out for him when he comes back.

Also Kesler, Henrik and Daniel are 2-4 in average ice time per game among all forwards. Crosby is nr1.
Torts riding that first line hard

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't put much stock into that stuff until it starts causing real life problems for consumers anyway. I won't be getting either system for at least a year regardless.

Samyy

Do you think Dopey is pulling things out of thin air?

I have no reason to believe Dopey, I don't have any idea about his track record or the validity of anything he has said.

The other guys have said a lot of stuff that turned out to be right in the past, especially cboat and matt so I'm more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, naturally.

And addition, seeing things like this:

Don't help either :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
But Bish never banned them, hence he must know they're legit, or they would be banned.
Is Bish not a member of NHL Gaf?

:(

I am sure I could come clean and expose my sources and start throwing out confidential information like usual. But I really dont want to go through the headache, tbh. I did all my fun stuff from 2001-2006 and I am done with the game. I leaked far too much stuff and when companies started taking info security serious I stopped.

So to that I say

If one launches buggy cool, but right now I'm going to assume it won't.

Its the same incorrect shit from last night being regurgitated

Help us sort through the shit storms, Dopey:

I read about ESRAM being a life-long bottleneck for the Xbox One.

I read about the PS4's stop/resume feature not being available at launch.

I read about the Xbox One's OS being buggy/unstable.

I read about the Xbox One's party system not functioning properly.

I read about several Xbox One games running at a max of 720p.

I read about the PS4 requiring 35gb+ installs/caches to run certain games.

Which of the above is the 'incorrect shit' and why?

edit: No one is asking you to expose your sources.

Samyy

I am sure I could come clean and expose my sources and start throwing out confidential information like usual. But I really dont want to go through the headache, tbh. I did all my fun stuff from 2001-2006 and I am done with the game. I leaked far too much stuff and when companies started taking info security serious I stopped.

So to that I say

If one launches buggy cool, but right now I'm going to assume it won't.

Cool but you know anyone could say what you just said, the other guys had to go through verification through bish and be backed up by an additional source. No offence man, im just more inclined to listen to others just because well, I wasn't around to see you leak anything, I don't know anything about back then - all this stuff with the other leakers I went through so I have an idea about how legitimate their claims may be.

IN OTHER NEWS LUPUL IS PRACTICNG HNGGGGGGGG

Stasis

I don't even understand this choosing sides nonsense. Either you don't have enough money for both, so you wait it out a little and see which one sucks less and has better games coming... or you have enough and you just buy both and give no fucks.

It'd be funny to watch MS get a ton of negative press and fail their launch simply because I think they're a silly company that tries too hard and never fucking gets it, but otherwise it really doesn't matter. It just ends up hurting us as gamers.

More competition = better.

Heretic

Help us sort through the shit storms, Dopey:

I read about ESRAM being a life-long bottleneck for the Xbox One.

I read about the PS4's stop/resume feature not being available at launch.

I read about the Xbox One's OS being buggy/unstable.

I read about the Xbox One's party system not functioning properly.

I read about the PS4 requiring 35gb+ installs/caches to run certain games.

Which of the above is the 'incorrect shit' and why?

edit: No one is asking you to expose your sources.

I'm probably wrong and I know you asked Dopey these questions but I don't think he's dismissing these claims. I think they're wrong about none of it working at launch.

Cool but you know anyone could say what you just said, the other guys had to go through verification through bish and be backed up by an additional source. No offence man, im just more inclined to listen to others just because well, I wasn't around to see you leak anything, I don't know anything about back then - all this stuff with the other leakers I went through so I have an idea about how legitimate their claims may be.

I don't think anyone is dismissing their claims. Is shit buggy? Probably. I'm pretty sure it was broken completely at one point or another. We just have to wait till launch to see if they're lying. We've been giving blind faith to these leakers based on this that CAN happen. Like some other poster said, they always that "It might be fixed by launch" caveat to save their asses.

Are they wrong? Are they right? Who knows.

/Dopey Shill

I don't even understand this choosing sides nonsense. Either you don't have enough money for both, so you wait it out a little and see which one sucks less and has better games coming... or you have enough and you just buy both and give no fucks.

It'd be funny to watch MS get a ton of negative press and fail their launch simply because I think they're a silly company that tries too hard and never fucking gets it, but otherwise it really doesn't matter. It just ends up hurting us as gamers.

I just decided that at 30 I can't be bothered with 2 consoles anymore

I have no sources, nor do I know anything behind the scenes but for the life of me I cant figure out why this is a problem. A ton of games only ran at 520p this gen, and that didnt make them any less great. I think every game next gen being sure to run at 720p at least is great news. The Order "only" runs at 800p but looks great, Ryse is "only" 900p but is the best looking launch game IMO. If you are really so hung up on resolution then by a gaming PC.

Samyy

I have no sources, nor do I know anything behind the scenes but for the life of me I cant figure out why this is a problem. A ton of games only ran at 520p this gen, and that didnt make them any less great. I think every game next gen being sure to run at 720p at least is great news. The Order "only" runs at 800p but looks great, Ryse is "only" 900p but is the best looking launch game IMO. If you are really so hung up on resolution then by a gaming PC.

I think the problem people have is why should the pay a hundred bucks for a weaker device and be forced to buy a camera they don't want.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with games being 720p, however when consumers have the choice to spend $100 less, and have those same games run at a higher resolution, which machine is the smart one to buy?

I think the problem people have is why should the pay a hundred bucks for a weaker device and be forced to buy a camera they don't want.

I will let you in on a secret, you dont have to buy the more expensive console. Just buy a PS4 and be done with it if money and power is all you care about. I am excited to see how kinect works with the dashboard and in game. I love XBL and cant wait to see how it gets improved next gen, I love a lot of the exclusives that MS has, and I really want a next gen console to bring some new features besides more power, that all said I will be getting a PS4 at launch also. The drama on gaf about what console people want to buy is insane.

Heretic

I don't think there's anything wrong with games being 720p, however when consumers have the choice to spend $100 less, and have those same games run at a higher resolution, which machine is the smart one to buy?

No one will ever be able to completely defend the price difference. But what the XOne is offering, for me, feature-wise, is worth $500. Would I like it to be cheaper? Absolutely. My price range for this generation was $399. The XOne came is at $499. Traded one of my 360s in and some games and it ended up costing me less than $300.

They're both going to have great games which is ultimately the end goal but the One is doing more than that and that just seals the deal for me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

This man speaks the truth.

Acid08

Banned
I will let you in on a secret, you dont have to buy the more expensive console. Just buy a PS4 and be done with it if money and power is all you care about. I am excited to see how kinect works with the dashboard and in game. I love XBL and cant wait to see how it gets improved next gen, I love a lot of the exclusives that MS has, and I really want a next gen console to bring some new features besides more power, that all said I will be getting a PS4 at launch also. The drama on gaf about what console people want to buy is insane.
:lol

Kinect, that hot new feature. XBL, that hot new feature.

Can't even hold all these hot new features.

TUSR

Banned
Holy fuck gaming side spilt into here.

There is a reason I said wait until 2014 to buy a console.

Shit will buff out and both consoles will be great.

Live, OS, Matchmaking, the works. Rumors say all of that will be hell come launch. We'll see.

Or video game drama. I'd rather think positive thoughts! Otherwise the pixie dust won't work and I won't be able to fly.

Yeah this too. If I'm 30 years old and part of my life is arguing on the internet about Console Warz then I've failed in life.

Arguing about Sports though, probably just as bad, but at least more socially acceptable.

It is a gaming forum; where else would these people go to feel strongly about such things?

I guess I dont get why anyone would feel strongly about for profit companies like this. I get being emotional about sports teams, but not electronics companies. People in the XB1 OS thread today are cheering and saying how happy they will be when it is only Sony left. That is nuts to me.

Heretic

:lol

Kinect, that hot new feature. XBL, that hot new feature.

Can't even hold all these hot new features.

That paragraph that you just quoted is exactly how I feel. Except I won't be getting a PS4 at launch. I'll wait till The Last Guardian gets released.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this too. If I'm 30 years old and part of my life is arguing on the internet about Console Warz then I've failed in life.

Arguing about Sports though, probably just as bad, but at least more socially acceptable.

Yeah. I like what I like and would rather not fight about it.

Stasis

I just decided that at 30 I can't be bothered with 2 consoles anymore

I can barely be bothered with one! I get it. I mean I want one basically for what I hope is going to be an awesome NHL 15 that fixes everything. I'm hopelessly optimistic at times =/

I ignore a lot of games due to lack of time. I'm pretty fucking happy I had a PS3 still so I could play GTA V though. There are always a few console exclusives I get hyped about. For that reason I'll probably end up owning both at some point.

edit: Back to hockey. Habs games are the worst for me living here. I get bombarded with texts if we lose to them, which we pretty much always do. Please fucking win =/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
There are not too many exclusives I really care. I still love Halo (even though 4 gets a lot of hate) and I can't imagine not playing it. I can only get probably one console over the next couple years so X1 it is. I got a PS3 after a 360 so getting a PS4 is not out of the question down the road. I like David Cage's "games" :lol

Acid08

Banned
You do know that it isnt the same kinect that was with the 360, right? I didnt say they were hot new features I just said why I was excited for the XB1.
It's just funny to me that you would try to belittle people for maybe wanting a more powerful console for less money by saying they don't care about anything else but that.

Personally I'll be buying a PS4 so that I can keep enjoying the weird Japanese and niche games that always come out on the Playstation. And I don't care about what resolution they run at. I don't think the XBO is going to offer me much.

Also fuck camera games forever.

Top Bottom