• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

CCF23

It's pretty hilarious to me that in spite of all the A1 talent they've drafted the Oilers still find ways to get even worse.

Holy fuck...

New York Rangers still haven't played at home.

It is October 28th... 4 whole weeks and they FINALLY get their home opener.

o_O

This is because MSG was being reno'd, no?

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
It's pretty hilarious to me that in spite of all the A1 talent they've drafted the Oilers still find ways to get even worse.
Not excusing the Oilers, but three #1 picks - in which one is injured (Taylor Hall) and one is in a sophomore slump (Nail Yakupov) - doesn't mean automatic success. It takes a lot more than that.

Sure, it is an Isles decision. It always is. If he didn't want to leave, him and his agent would have asked for and worked on an extension.

Why would the Isles NOT WANT someone who has been scoring 30 goals for them every year?

That doesn't make sense. It appears clear to me that he didn't want to be there and was planning on hitting the FA market. Plus, the timing makes no sense. This has to have been a request on his part, it appears.

No GM does this. So, there you go.

Contrary to all the evidence presented that says the complete opposite?

Ok...

Quick

Banned
I absolutely HATE iTunes. It's unusable on Windows. Sucks extra ass on 8.1.

Thanks, Steve Jobs.

Unusable seems exaggerated. I'm using it currently, and it's running just fine on my PC.

Now, what I do have a bone to pick with is the iTunes Store. It can be frustrating to navigate.

Red Wings suck, Next Gen Console problems everywhere, but I finally started Metro Last Light though I was having major frame-rate issues on my 670 GTX (thankfully I figured out the issue). :D

But seriously, Red Wings suck right now. Maybe that Lidstrom robot is ready yet.

Razorskin

----- ------
Red Wings suck, Next Gen Console problems everywhere, but I finally started Metro Last Light though I was having major frame-rate issues on my 670 GTX (thankfully I figured out the issue). :D

But seriously, Red Wings suck right now. Maybe that Lidstrom robot is ready yet.
Karlsson is the Lidstrom robot, but he's waiting for the patch that'll fix his defence

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't realize we have back to back games coming up. Tonight better be a W. I would think Budaj starts one of these games??

Heretic

Unusable seems exaggerated. I'm using it currently, and it's running just fine on my PC.

Now, what I do have a bone to pick with is the iTunes Store. It can be frustrating to navigate.
Exaggeration but I'm extremely frustrated with with. I need to open iTunes, update my podcasts (which takes a LONG time), close iTunes, plug my iPod in, then open iTunes and let it sync.

Yesterday was a mess. Had to make a small change to the Windows Host file.

Cake Boss

Banned
This morning at work...

hqdefault.jpg

"Yeah, Bro, that team sure sucked last night. They just plain sucked. I've seen teams suck before but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked "

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Isle GAF< what say you? Vanek is yours.

I'm really gonna miss Moulson, but thrilled to have Vanek on board. For this trade to be a success though, we need to sign him. If he bolts at years end it'll hardly be worth it.

This team can contend now, but still needs a goalie to share the work with Nabby and another solid blue liner.

Overall, its bittersweet, I would have liked to use those picks toward a trade for a goalie and extend Moulson, the chemistry between our young core is great and makes the team very likeable. But if Vanek and Tavares click, that's as good a 1-2 forward punch as any team in the league.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is because MSG was being reno'd, no?

Correct. MSG officially reopened last Thursday with Friday's Knicks-Bobcats preseason game being its first event.

One thing to point out is that it's not just the 4 weeks of the season on the road. The entire preseason was also on the road, with most of the time spent in Western Canada. So it's really been about 6-7 weeks on the road, with a few very brief interruptions.

Good news, Habs fans. We followed up both of our previous wins on the season with absolutely hideous games where we lost by a combined score of 13-2, so it's your lucky day!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Because of the bridges, all the banners in MSG had to be moved, and they also did some editing, like removing the conference championship banners from Stanley Cup years. I think this looks better now.

Po6W7QY.jpg

One of the things I'm most interested in seeing is what the ice is like. One element of this final phase of the reconstruction was the installation of a totally new ice plant to replace the one that had been in there since 1967.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, I think I'm never going on a 14 hour plane ride ever again...except for the one back home.

So for everything, I've missed

BUTITHOUGHTBOLLANDMADEEVERYONEWORSE
KESSSELELSLELSLESLELESLE
REIMTIME
dancingkadri.gif

lol dply plz
Oilolers change! MOAR ALL TEH 1ST OVERALL PICKS!

I'm not sold on Moulson and I think it's a result of him playing with Tavares, but I could be wrong. Vanek has a higher potential than Moulson, and I think he'll be an impact player if he can get chemistry fast enough. With all the stupid decisions that went on on the Isle, I'm surprised they have a competitive team considering they are near the salary floor and they are there with the buy out penalties. And they also plopped a ton of money to make Dipshitietro go away.

Don't worry Dopey, we're only sending him up so that he can eventually impress someone and be traded...right...?? :'(

Giggzy

My poor koivu :(

Two players out with headshots a week apart. Sigh. Silf with a broken hand and Perreault with a sprained wrist. The bodies are dropping.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

On the bright side, Datsyuk is now on a line with Tatar...and CLEARY.

Babcock is insane.

On the bright side, Datsyuk is now on a line with Tatar...and CLEARY.

Babcock is insane.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............ shoot me now, I seriously am not going to watch these next few games, this is going to be a disaster, also Weiss is demoted to 4th line center and Abby is with Z and Alfie, oh and Sammy is back and on the 4th line, oh and no D changes either. The Nucks are going to take that team and go in hard with no lube.

Cake Boss

Banned
Michalek- Spezza- Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Zibanejad

FINALLLLYYYYYYYYY

And he goes and fucks it up.

Maybe Kassian in ? Lots of reps on fourth line with Grant and Condra

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Yeah gotta watch out for those Hawks goons running around, Kassian will def put them in place.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............ shoot me now, I seriously am not going to watch these next few games, this is going to be a disaster, also Weiss is demoted to 4th line center and Abby is with Z and Alfie, oh and Sammy is back and on the 4th line, oh and no D changes either. The Nucks are going to take that team and go in hard with no lube.
I'm being serious when predicting the Wings to drop the next 4 games on this western Canada road trip. They have problems with these teams normally, but now, since they can't score more than 2 goals a game, they have no chance. They will come back to the Joe on an 8 game losing streak. They have too many players who do absolutely nothing on this team and yet are getting top line minutes or pp time. It's maddening.

I'm being serious when predicting the Wings to drop the next 4 games on this western Canada road trip. They have problems with these teams normally, but now, since they can't score more than 2 goals a game, they have no chance. They will come back to the Joe on an 8 game losing streak. They have too many players who do absolutely nothing on this team and yet are getting top line minutes or pp time. It's maddening.

Watch out Buffalo/Edmonton, 1st pick is ours (who won't actually play on the team until 2025!)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Would be amazing, as I think it's time for Babcock to go.

Scotty Bowman always said that after 6 or 7 years, the coach's message starts to get lost. Time for some new blood behind the bench.

If you have Power items you can retain one stat's IV but other than that it's all luck.

I would recommend setting L=A and watching a movie while breeding.

Diggersby is a great HM slave. Cut, Strength, Surf, Rock Smash, and free items via Pickup.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If you have Power items you can retain one stat's IV but other than that it's all luck.

I would recommend setting L=A and watching a movie while breeding.

Diggersby is a great HM slave. Cut, Strength, Surf, Rock Smash, and free items via Pickup.

Destiny Knot = 5 IV's passed down from parents instead of only 3. Helps, too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pat Leonard &#8207;@PLeonardNYDN

Cell phone goes off at start of presser. Vigneault smiles and laughs: "If I was Torts I'd be leaving." #NYR

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Murray's first game as a Hab, Budaj in net, playing against a underachieving team at their home opener. Recipe for a terrible loss if I ever saw one.

Top Bottom