• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
St-Louis still playing at centre? D:

The only other real option there is Kevin Hayes, but if he does get into the lineup, it will probably be as a winger. The other 3 centers are pretty set, but none of them are really capable of being 1C (and neither is Hayes).

Which isn't to say that St. Louis is 1C material himself, but he's had good chemistry with Nash, belongs on the top line, and we have a little bit of a wealth of riches on the wings right now (Tanner Glass notwithstanding), so MSL will have to stay there for a while, I think.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
wtf. Refs said the goal doesn't count because Niedermeyer made contact with the goaltender. But he was shoved on top of the goaltender by the Avs' player, so it should have counted.

They fucked that call up

I am not an ugly man, brotha. The avs look ugly.

Peyton Manning is going to retire then the Broncos are going to be mediocre for ages, that team isn't built through longevity. Why don't you take your fair weather attitude to the NFL thread, you'll come crawling back when the Broncos have nothing to show but disappointment.

Hunter S.

Peyton Manning is going to retire then the Broncos are going to be mediocre for ages, that team isn't built through longevity. Why don't you take your fair weather attitude to the NFL thread, you'll come crawling back when the Broncos have nothing to show but disappointment.

You are sensetive and have no idea. Focus on our game please. You do not know me.

You are sensetive and have no idea. Focus on our game please. You do not know me.

20140203__manning_postgame~p1.jpg

Okay.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dumba is officially on the Wild roster? I really liked him in his draft year, just seemed to have a slower development.

Parch

How are other Canadians feeling about the new HNIC broadcast? I am really missing Ron McLean.
But he gets to sit beside Cherry.
I'm actually pretty sick of McLean so I like what SN is doing. It was kinda sloppy tonight but they'll find their groove.

McLean's spotlight is actually tomorrow. He gets to do his Hometown Hockey thing so it's not like he's going to disappear.

Xeteh

I'd really like for the Avs to put more on the net instead of hammering shots wide. Tons of chances with nothing to show for it and the Wild punished.

As for the disallowed goal, yeah he was pushed but he didn't even fall forward, he turned to his left and dropped on Varly.

Samyy

Leafs Corsi Update!
- Phaneuf was the only Leafs D above 40% CF
- Kadri and Winnik only players with greater than 50% CF
- Stephane Robidas was a cool 27.2% CF tonight, something about playing a 38 year old with Phaneuf against top competition just isn't clicking Randy.

Even Ekblad cannot save them:

The Panthers home opener could have gone worse although it's hard to imagine how.

Not only did New Jersey start its scoring less than three minutes in, but the Devils completely dominated the play in a 5-1 victory in front of a small contingent at BB&T Center.
"The margin of error is so thin in this league that if you don’t come out to play in the first 10 [minutes], you get your you-know-what handed to you,'' captain Willie Mitchell said.

The announced attendance of 11,419 was the smallest for a home opener in franchise history. The previous low was 12,087 at Miami Arena for the 1995-96 debut famously remembered as the 'Rat Trick' game.

Saturday's four-goal defeat was also Florida's most lopsided home opening loss besting three-goal losses to the Devils (2007) and Islanders (2001).

Dale?

Alucard

Banned
So, are the Oilers ever going to become the team that people have been talking about for the past five years or so? "Future Cup contenders! So much talent!" Etc.

Xeteh

Losing PAP and Stastny and with Tanguay back (injured for the most of the year) and the addition of Iginla the lines are significantly different. Chemistry just isn't there yet.

There's a few miscues but the chances are there. I'm more frustrated by missing the net as much as they are.

Top Bottom