• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Erdrick

Well, L.A. certainly has been the better team so far. Jets are so disorganized and seem to struggle with any offensive attempt. Granted, L.A. is very good defensively.

Still have 2 periods left to make something of it. The Jets had a little offensive spark near the end there, but it'll take more than that to win against the Kings.

Erdrick

Yeah, first game of the season in the AHL and he cut his hand bad or something I read. Talk about bad luck. Hope he recovers, as he's been decent when I've seen him in Habs games, and I think he deserves a spot on the Jets at some point.

EDIT:
Let's go, Jets. (I guess)

You're all right, kid.

Quick

Banned
Let's go, Jets. (I guess)

tumblr_inline_napxc2P8eu1qbxca2.gif

Erdrick

L.A.'s goaltending has been nearly flawless with the rebounds, as in not letting us have any. 3-0 L.A. is due in large part to this. (The rest being on our shoddy defensive play, poor Hutchinson...)

Hope the bleeding has stopped and we can make something of this.

L.A.'s goaltending has been nearly flawless with the rebounds, as in not letting us have any. 3-0 L.A. is due in large part to this.

Unfortunately for you Sutter came to his senses and pulled Quick from a back to back game for once. Unfortunately for us he will probably be back in net next game.

fake edit: Dat 70's line.

real edit: and just as I say that they score on a rebound.

Fucking Kadri is soooo much better then Bozak
Pls Dubas get rid of Bozak

Bozak gets far too much hate. He's a good player, and does pretty well. Maybe he should be our second line centre (if we had someone better), but he has good chemistry and usually plays hard.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bozak gets far too much hate. He's a good player, and does pretty well. Maybe he should be our second line centre (if we had someone better), but he has good chemistry and usually plays hard.

I think the only complaint anyone has is that he's not a first line center but paid like one.

Erdrick

Good on Wheeler standing up for Scheifele after yet another attempted knee by a Kings player. I absolutely hate those plays. No matter the team.

At least we scored to erase the shutout. Still a period left for some type of hope.

Samyy

points/60 ages 21-23: Kadri 2.13, Duchene 2.13, Kopitar 2.10, Giroux 2.09

Kadri had a 69.7% CF in all situations whereas Bozak had 43.14%

Good on Wheeler standing up for Scheifele after yet another attempted knee by a Kings player. I absolutely hate those plays. No matter the team.

At least we scored to erase the shutout. Still a period left for some type of hope.

LMAO dude he hit him with his hip and SCHSHAFHDIULE jumped.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Smiley90

points/60 ages 21-23: Kadri 2.13, Duchene 2.13, Kopitar 2.10, Giroux 2.09

I see DopeyStats confirm Kadri best passer in the league (of players/60mins regardless of competition, if you ignore young and old players aka basically most players and if you ignore everything but these first few games)

BEST PASSER IN THE LEAGUE LEAFS GONNA WIN THE CUP

Samyy

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....on=S&country=&status=&viewName=scoringLeaders

Look at his even strength stats from last year

Compare to JVR and Kadri

Then realize his GP

But hes absolutely horrid at everything else except leeching JVR and Kessel for points

I see DopeyStats confirm Kadri best passer in the league (of players/60mins regardless of competition, if you ignore young and old players aka basically most players and if you ignore everything but these first few games)

BEST PASSER IN THE LEAGUE LEAFS GONNA WIN THE CUP

What are you even saying? I'm not comparing Kopitars stats as he is now, but as he was at ages 21-23? From a fairly large sample size? I don't understand your sentence basically.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, our schedule between now and when we can get Stepan back is just brutal.

Islanders, Canes, Sharks, Devils, Habs, Wild, Jets, Blues

We could easily go 2-6 in that stretch and be basically right back where we were last year all over again.

Though in retrospect I suppose that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Smiley90

But hes absolutely horrid at everything else except leeching JVR and Kessel for points

What are you even saying? I'm not comparing Kopitars stats as he is now, but as he was at ages 21-23? From a fairly large sample size? I don't understand your sentence basically.

After writing that I was like "wait a second, Kopitar is only 23?"

I knew something wasn't quite right :lol

Samyy

After writing that I was like "wait a second, Kopitar is only 23?"

I knew something wasn't quite right :lol

Oh okay,

Basically maybe I should clarify as well, I thought that piece of info was interesting because it compared Kadri to someone similar to his age/place in his career (Duchene) and two guys a bit further along.

Pretty much because a lot of Leaf fans seem to think Kadri basically hasn't been producing or he is stuck in his development or whatever which i don't understand.

Erdrick

Randomly:

I really want the Islanders to be good for some reason, and not just because Teethmummy is an awesome poster. Like... Tavares is a player any team would kill for, and the rest of the team on paper should not be as bad stat-wise as they have been. I guess it might be the whole underdog thing, but they have suffered for so long. I was totally cheering for them in the playoffs back in 93 against the Pens too. (Was it 93, or 94? Can't remember ATM.)

EDIT: Yes, the jersey thing was sad. Kid has turned out pretty decent, and he represents the future for us, esp. as being the first pick NOT from Atlanta.

DopeyFish

Oh okay,

Basically maybe I should clarify as well, I thought that piece of info was interesting because it compared Kadri to someone similar to his age/place in his career (Duchene) and two guys a bit further along.

Pretty much because a lot of Leaf fans seem to think Kadri basically hasn't been producing or he is stuck in his development or whatever which i don't understand.

I dunno how anyone could think Kadri is stuck in development. He looks bulked up in the healthy sense. He still has his speed. He still has his skill. He's been all over the place every game.

He's been the most impressive Leaf so far this year by a loooong shot.

Smiley90

Oh okay,

Pretty sure Duchene faces more difficult competition though, lemme check

Samyy

I dunno how anyone could think Kadri is stuck in development. He looks bulked up in the healthy sense. He still has his speed. He still has his skill. He's been all over the place every game.

He's been the most impressive Leaf so far this year by a loooong shot.

Just in general on twitter or hfboards

DopeyFish

Kadri QoC: 0.453
Duchene QoC: 0.942

yup, Duchene facing harder competition.

are these stats from this year?

if so... do realize colorado has been steamrolled both games out (one of them outshot 3:1)... and against the same team (minnesota) while Kadri line has been playing well in all games

so QoC would be all sorts of fucked up (kadri looking worse, duchene looking better)

Top Bottom