• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Apparently Mark and Dale Hunter sought the GM and Head Coaching job in 2008 when the Leafs were doing the search for a GM.

If Carlyle is relieved, Dale Hunter might be a possibility.

Interesting, but word around town was that Dale didn't like his stint in the NHL one bit. Maybe he'd do it again for a team closer to home, but his problem was apparently more with NHL players not being coachable.

With the Voynov situation and Muzzin injured the Kings only have 5 D men. Kings only have 495k of cap space for a replacement. The cheapest Monarch defensmen is 550k. The team moved Muzzin's x-rays up to tomorrow instead of Thursday so it looks like the Kings are betting on him being okay to play. If Muzzin isn't okay I bet they put Lewis on LTIR just to get some breathing room to bring up Schultz or Forbort.

On a side note: Voynov's court date has been moved to Dec 1st after he posted bail. I hope the truth is found out and they throw the book at Voynov if found guilty.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Interesting, but word around town was that Dale didn't like his stint in the NHL one bit. Maybe he'd do it again for a team closer to home, but his problem was apparently more with NHL players not being coachable.
He also had to deal with the most egotistical, asshole player in the league with Ovechkin. Doesn't seem to be any players like that on the Leafs.

He also had to deal with the most egotistical, asshole player in the eager with Ovechkin. Doesn't seem to be any players like that on the Leafs.

Maybe not. I'd love to see Dale behind the bench. He got the Caps to play defensively. Have to believe he'd be an improvement in that area.

Had to gif this from the brawl at the end of the Anaheim game the other night. Dat farm strength. Not sure why the size keeps changing.

2smRODc.gif

Red_Man

Rutherford saying as long as he's GM Fleur will be his goalie. Have fun never winning another cup Sid!

Wings will be a huge test for this D group, I wish Beaulieu was in instead of Tinordi but Therrien gonna Therrien. I'm expecting the Wings to expose the Habs D tonight, only way they win is if Price plays like he can.

I was thinking the same about the Habs, they'll probably cruise around Kindl no problem, possibly Ericsson and Quincey too, though Quincey has actually, dare I say it, playing pretty good.

Also Dats probably won't be too effective since it is his first game back since game 1 of preseason.

Red_Man

I was thinking the same about the Habs, they'll probably cruise around Kindl no problem, possibly Ericsson and Quincey too, though Quincey has actually, dare I say it, playing pretty good.

Also Dats probably won't be too effective since it is his first game back since game 1 of preseason.
Should be an entertaining game, usually is when our teams play each other.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe not. I'd love to see Dale behind the bench. He got the Caps to play defensively. Have to believe he'd be an improvement in that area.

I think he'd come here. He's a 'good ol Ontaria boi'

I do wonder if it would be Hunter to take over the GM duties and not Dubas. Either way, we could use a change and I HOPE they don't follow some stupid truculence strategy and focus on skills.

and no more bad deals and trades...GOD we've had quite a few bad signings and trades since 2008.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I'll be able to catch most of the game, but at 7 I have to do a Pictionary game night against another studio so I'm hoping the game is sealed either way by then and I won't have to be constantly checking my phone.

Samyy

I think he'd come here. He's a 'good ol Ontaria boi'

I do wonder if it would be Hunter to take over the GM duties and not Dubas. Either way, we could use a change and I HOPE they don't follow some stupid truculence strategy and focus on skills.

and no more bad deals and trades...GOD we've had quite a few bad signings and trades since 2008.

I'm hoping Steve Kaspar (Head of Pro Scouts) gets the boot.
Morrisson has been meh as well tbh, dunno how much of the drafting decision he gets to make but at least we hit a couple times in later rounds.

Quick

Banned
Apparently Mark and Dale Hunter sought the GM and Head Coaching job in 2008 when the Leafs were doing the search for a GM.

If Carlyle is relieved, Dale Hunter might be a possibility.

Dale Hunter wasn't clicking with Ovechkin's style, and Kessel is pretty much all offence. I wonder how much of a difference in play we'd see with Kessel if it actually becomes a reality.

DALÉ

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping Steve Kaspar (Head of Pro Scouts) gets the boot.
Morrisson has been meh as well tbh, dunno how much of the drafting decision he gets to make but at least we hit a couple times in later rounds.
I'd argue our scouting system as a whole needs some overhaul except our Euro staff and particularly Thommie Bergman. Whoever suggested Biggs should be taken out back and horsewhipped. Burke may still have picked some other physical dumbass, but scouts gotta push for skill and help find the gems. Whatever criteria they're using hasn't really shown results...look at fucking Schenn.
Longer than that really.

Yeah, but I meant that was a time period for change and it didn't happen.

Samyy

Eh mistakes were made let's move on from Schenn, they've drafted skill (Kadri, Rielly, Nylander, Percy) over size a decent amount since then. I bet Biggs was all Burke.

I'll be able to catch most of the game, but at 7 I have to do a Pictionary game night against another studio so I'm hoping the game is sealed either way by then and I won't have to be constantly checking my phone.

Not sure how much I will catch since I need to work on some website creation when I get home, hopefully I can find a decent stream.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Oh cool another regional game.

Go to hell Rogers, or whomever is stopping the RDS games from broadcasting nationally.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The NHL??

Maybe, could be the team itself. Their English regional games were still up for sale a couple of months after Rogers and the NHL finalized their agreement. Rogers ended up buying them, but they only air on City Montreal which I can't get. Wonder if they could have payed extra to make them national or something.

All I know is before stupid Rogers bought the "exclusive" rights, I could watch all 82 games on RDS.

They blatantly lied about no more blackouts too.

I'll be in class for tonights game, which will make it the third game in a row I've not watched. It's probably the first time I've missed three games in a row in...ten years? Feels good.

So... is RDS with Bell FiberOP? I wanted to watch the Habs Game.. But If not.. i'll just watch The Flash and get updates on my phone. I sure as hell don't have City Montreal just Toronto

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I heard they've made many changes this off-season. Will be interested in reading your thoughts on the place.
Yeah, I've heard they've got a ton of new food options, and I've always heard it's a pretty good place to see a game. Looking forward to it.

Osorio

Yeah, I've heard they've got a ton of new food options, and I've always heard it's a pretty good place to see a game. Looking forward to it.

The sightlines are great even in the nosebleeds. Anywhere from the middle of the upper deck downward feels like you're on top of the players. The fans are nice to everybody except Rangers fans (good luck?) but they're not assholes. It's mostly just back and forth banter.

I heard something about a 3d projection system, tons of new food options, and some aesthetic changes. They changed the club seats but I don't ever sit there so I don't care.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So... is RDS with Bell FiberOP? I wanted to watch the Habs Game.. But If not.. i'll just watch The Flash and get updates on my phone. I sure as hell don't have City Montreal just Toronto

RDS won't work outside of Quebec anyway. Actually it may work in parts of eastern Ontario, not sure.

Also, Sekac is sitting?? WTF Therrien, sit Moen you idiot.

Top Bottom