• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Calamari41

41 > 38
I think Gibson starts. Hopefully plays a good game for confidence

I hope so too, and Buffalo is a good team for that. Either way I think it's better for his development to be playing in the minors and getting called up every now and then rather than sitting on the bench for weeks at a time in Anaheim.

I hope so too, and Buffalo is a good team for that. Either way I think it's better for his development to be playing in the minors and getting called up every now and then rather than sitting on the bench for weeks at a time in Anaheim.

Yeah. At this point it's almost a lock that Freddy is the man

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
who of you fucks claimed Boychuk on waivers before me

No one gives a shit about your fantasy team.

I'm salty too, my D was weak anyway and then this Voynov thing happened. If anyone has a D they want to trade, hit me up.
tumblr_ly0tklL4sP1r324lio1_400.gif

It was Samyy!!!!

Spl1nter

Why does panik continue to play.... Give Ashton a chance, panik doesn't have a single shot on goal and looks lost at all times on the ice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why does panik continue to play.... Give Ashton a chance, panik doesn't have a single shot on goal and looks lost at all times on the ice.

I think we're going to get slaughtered either way today...still...you never know with this league. Edmonton actually beat a team!

Well at least you can draft your own players now, and after the first season is fine, I didn't expect to redo the last draft at all.
Why the fuck can't you draft the first season???? And is it worth it now with all this shit added back in? I'm of the mind I should wait for next year.

Samyy

Leafs hired Mark Hunter as director of player personnel, head of both pro and amateur scouting.
Big analytics guy as well.

Why the fuck can't you draft the first season???? And is it worth it now with all this shit added back in? I'm of the mind I should wait for next year.

Probably just something EA overlooked or didn't feel like fixing to begin with (which is why they even have to add all this junk in the first place). I might pick it up for Christmas this year, once the hype of all the new games dies down.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming Girardi is in, looks like same lineup tonight against the Devils that played against the Sharks.

If this configuration continues to work, Duclair's days in the big leagues may be numbered. Not because he's not good enough to be here, just because there might not be a reliable slot to play him game in and game out. Better to have him play big minutes and be a leader with Quebec than sit in the press box for an extended period of time.

Of course, the Devs could tear us a new one tonight and he'll be right back in against Montreal. Who knows.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh my god, that poor man. Has his status been released by the hospital yet? Pray for him, and if not for him, then for his family. Nobody should have to see someone they love get viciously injured like this on live TV. Etc, etc.
Those paper airplanes can be vicious

0BT4eFq.gif

Delryk

Have you seen the Leafs so far this season? They're at the 2-12 season ending finish right now.

lol. making it look a lot worse than it is.. nice... :p

sooo... how 'bout Hunter? What does everybody think about this signing?.. useless effort? something positive will come out of it?

yyzjohn

Banned
lol. making it look a lot worse than it is.. nice... :p

sooo... how 'bout Hunter? What does everybody think about this signing?.. useless effort? something positive will come out of it?

No really, the team that limped to the finish line last season seems to be sticking around right now. Didn't help that Bernier was shit in the first 2 games, but they're still horrible defensively and get hemmed in the zone for far too long. Only line that has been going is the 3rd line with some hustle, but they can't score.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here are some things that would be nice to change tonight:

1) The Rangers have 0 power play goals.
2) The Rangers have 0 goals from defensemen. In fact, the D only has 4 points on the season as a group.
3) Ryan McDonagh has 0 points.

Dan Girardi is confirmed in, so this is the first time the Rangers will play the same lineup in consecutive games this season.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Pavel's back baby! Wings lineup tonight

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Justin Abdelkader

Tomas Tatar-Riley Sheahan-Gustav Nyquist

Andrej Nestrasil-Darren Helm-Tomas Jurco

Drew Miller-Luke Glendening-Joakim Andersson

Stephen Weiss and Daniel Cleary are healthy scratches.

On defense:

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Danny DeKeyser-Brendan Smith

Kyle Quincey-Jakub Kindl

Brian Lashoff (scratched)

In goal:

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

Acid08

Banned
Lines are changing against Boston.

Nieto-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Wingels
Hertl-Sheppard-Desjardins
Scott-Burish-Hayes

Vlasic-Braun
Hannan-Demers
Irwin-Burns

I knew the kids would sit after the NY game. They get punished when everyone played like shit. Tierney and Mueller get replaced by Scott and Hannan, pathetic. Fully expect to lose tonight.

pringles

He has played one game this year and played like 9 minutes...

Glad we have 3 or so more years of 5 million sitting in the press box. :/
I actually thought he looked okay in camp so I'm hoping he'll show something of value once he gets a chance to stay in the lineup for a while.

Lines look pretty good today but I would switch Abdelkader and Jurco. Jurco is exactly what Z and Dats need on their line, a speedy forechecker with enough skill and hockey IQ to keep up with them. And Abby is always great together with Helm.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wings will be a huge test for this D group, I wish Beaulieu was in instead of Tinordi but Therrien gonna Therrien. I'm expecting the Wings to expose the Habs D tonight, only way they win is if Price plays like he can.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lines are changing against Boston.

Nieto-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Wingels
Hertl-Sheppard-Desjardins
Scott-Burish-Hayes

Vlasic-Braun
Hannan-Demers
Irwin-Burns

I knew the kids would sit after the NY game. They get punished when everyone played like shit. Tierney and Mueller get replaced by Scott and Hannan, pathetic. Fully expect to lose tonight.
Mueller got pretty badly victimized on a couple of the goals (namely Hagelin's and Hayes'), but I don't really remember the rest of his game standing out to me in a particularly negative way. The Sharks in general looked pretty good to start the game and just lost their structure and their legs as it went on. Looked like the travel and back to back really wiped them out.

Merguson

Banned
Apparently Mark and Dale Hunter sought the GM and Head Coaching job in 2008 when the Leafs were doing the search for a GM.

If Carlyle is relieved, Dale Hunter might be a possibility.

Top Bottom