• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Wild Bill makes some really good plays. He just kind of came out of nowhere...

And yeah, sorry about Sbisa my Canuck friends. That's what happens when you develop in Philadelphia as a rookie. At least he's good for big hits.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I love Smith-Pelly, I really hope we can sign him to a longer term deal during or after this year. He's a difference maker, he puts so much effort out there every time he's on the ice.

Giggzy

I love Smith-Pelly, I really hope we can sign him to a longer term deal during or after this year. He's a difference maker, he puts so much effort out there every time he's on the ice.

Granted, I'm not great at noticing talent, but I didn't think DSP would develop enough to be more than a bottom six player. I rated Etem much higher than him a couple years ago. He has proved me wrong though. He's using his big size and good balance to his advantage now.

Now I'm hoping Etem can start turning it on. I feel for him though... It's gotta be hard to when you're playing with Jackman on your opposite wing...

We needed a win like that, might not have been perfect, but we're getting there.

Edit: It was kind of dead in here tonight, what's up with that?

zroid

Banned
Have the Oilers turned the corner, or are they just beating up on us shitty eastern conference teams?

combination maybe? they're always going to have plenty of horrible defensive lapses, but they weren't even playing that bad in the first few games. their goaltending was brutal.

suddenly the goaltending is better and they're winning

calder

You might call this a... "new age" in Vancouver. Welcome to it.

And welcome McJesus!

we are soooo baaaaaaad

I can see a few people in this thread haven't watched many Jets games, and especially not tonight's.

We dominated stretches, played about as well as we could, Pavelec was fine in goal letting in no softies... and we lost 4-2 at home. I just can't imagine this team finishing above 2 or 3 teams in the West at most.

Socreges

Banned
I can see a few people in this thread haven't watched many Jets games, and especially not tonight's.

We dominated stretches, played about as well as we could, Pavelec was fine in goal letting in no softies... and we lost 4-2 at home. I just can't imagine this team finishing above 2 or 3 teams in the West at most.
There really aren't that many terrible teams in the West. That's the thing. Even Calgary is flirting with 'acceptable above-averageness' these days. Who could you place below Winnipeg and the Canucks? Edmonton? Of course. Who else? Arizona maybe? Maybe.

Our real battle for McJesus lies in the East. That bastion of terribletude, of which the awful roam free and hold their heads high.

ibfxU7jde4mc7X.gif

iqpRpgZCSpjeB.gif

ibeNp73bJHdiZ5.gif

RKcQF3V.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There really aren't that many terrible teams in the West. That's the thing. Even Calgary is flirting with 'acceptable above-averageness' these days. Who could you place below Winnipeg and the Canucks? Edmonton? Of course. Who else? Arizona maybe? Maybe.

Our real battle for McJesus lies in the East. That bastion of terribletude, of which the awful roam free and hold their heads high.

But the thing is that the shitty teams in the East (aka Buffalo and Carolina) have easier opponents and might actually win a few games that way. Whereas we're gonna lose against California all season.

Socreges

Banned
Well said & true.

What a time to be alive.
cheesy80sfisttosky.gif

But the thing is that the shitty teams in the East (aka Buffalo and Carolina) have easier opponents and might actually win a few games that way. Whereas we're gonna lose against California all season.
...touché.

There's something moderately exciting about the prospect of being among the worst teams in the league.

But realistically we'll draft 8th and waste it on some moderately skilled Canadian fuck with 'grit'.

Sabres are Sabres and the Jackets are injured and tired. Not a highly glorifying win but I'll take it. DSP and Vatanen were fantastic. Good to see a solid Gibson.

calder

Very true. Damn Sabres and Canes are going to be tough... sorry Buffalo-GAF but this is war and I hope you jerks win 10 straight. You hear me, 10 straight!

Top Bottom