• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Calamari41

41 > 38
Sabres are Sabres and the Jackets are injured and tired. Not a highly glorifying win but I'll take it. DSP and Vatanen were fantastic. Good to see a solid Gibson.

Have to rack up the wins where we can, and we especially need to take the ones that we are expected to take. Dropping "gimme" games is a horrible sign and way too common. Playing clutch hockey at the end of the game during the opponent's desperation frames, especially against a surprisingly on-point Buffalo squad the other night, portends good things. We gave up way too many games last year in the closing minutes and seconds, most notably game one of the Kings series. The Sabres aren't the Kings, of course, but we're seeing what we want to be seeing so far.

trifelife

On my bus home there was a bro wearing a pinstripe fedora and leather trench coat talking about TressFX... on a flip phone.

He def posts on GAF yeah?

Heretic

ibfxU7jde4mc7X.gif

iqpRpgZCSpjeB.gif

ibeNp73bJHdiZ5.gif

RKcQF3V.jpg
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

#TeamGibson

The Samuelis are able to declare those games as a charitable deduction, so I wouldn't count on it.
Hah!

KSpYGnN.jpg

Have to rack up the wins where we can, and we especially need to take the ones that we are expected to take. Dropping "gimme" games is a horrible sign and way too common. Playing clutch hockey at the end of the game during the opponent's desperation frames, especially against a surprisingly on-point Buffalo squad the other night, portends good things. We gave up way too many games last year in the closing minutes and seconds, most notably game one of the Kings series. The Sabres aren't the Kings, of course, but we're seeing what we want to be seeing so far.

I fully agree. They were even saying before the first Sabres game that they're gonna play withh full steam and not let up. Those "gimme" games certainly can be disasterous on any team when they play under them and it was the downfall of a lot of other teams last season. Bruce is smart, he knows how to get the guys going and make sure they aren't complacement.

Oilers have won 3 in a row, am I safe to crawl out of my sewer hut now?

Still not all that convinced by the wins though, save for the Tampa game. Too many defensive lapses that GOOD teams will make us pay for.

And Scrivens just doesn't look comfortable in net. Rebounds for days..dropping down really early for saves...I am concern

Tabris

Didn't get a chance to watch the game. What happened?

Was it on Lack? Bad defensive play? Combination? I see Luca Sbisa was -5. Fleeced.

Spl1nter

No surprise there, he was in top form against the Isles. Reimer will get a start anyway either Tuesday or with the back-to-back Friday/Saturday.

Solo

Good on Drouin getting his first goal/assist. He'll be a great player. Looks weird in Tampa's uniform though.

I have a Halloween party tonight so sadly I'll miss Price vs the Rags.

Spl1nter

Why the fuck does Panik keep getting to play over Frattin and Ashton. He has been the worst player on the ice and its not even close. He has 1 shot in 6 games, with close to 30 mins of time on the ice.

So the entire Blues team is going through some bacterial infection.

Two Wild players apparently have the same infection.

Both teams played in Anaheim and Los Angeles last week. Coincidence? I think not.

Top Bottom