• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can we send Franson, Gardiner, and Carlyle all over to Europe?
Phaneuf had an atrocious game too.

A week off and they play like they're asleep. Why bother even icing this fucking team!

Fucking Gardiner chickening out, fucking Phaneuf watching the play and not defending, fucking Clarkson with the penalties!

Surge

And this is the last Leafs game I get to watch through the free preview for Center Ice.

I thought about buying it for the season, but nah..fuck it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"Oh boy, Bishop... he's going to ask Navakov to come back in."

Seriously. Wild are ruthless and walking all over the lightning.

Yawnier

Banned
Phaneuf had an atrocious game too.

A week off and they play like they're asleep. Why bother even icing this fucking team!

Fucking Gardiner chickening out, fucking Phaneuf watching the play and not defending, fucking Clarkson with the penalties!

Ya, just really sloppy all around.

I'd be ok with settling for 2nd and getting Eichel though.

This might be a bad team but it would be really tough to out-bad the oilers and sabres this year, a top 5 or 6 pick in next year's draft would still be nice though.

Fuck this team. They don't compete.

The only show the home fans got was the unified national anthem, which unfortunately was the result of terrible circumstances (R.I.P. good sirs).

I feel bad for those who pay money to watch duds like this, but I know what it's like because I've done it before. I haven't spent money on the Leafs in years though, and don't plan to.

Well damn. Even gave up a power play goal. Refs sucked too, not calling the Flyers twice when they should have in the 3rd. Not even mad though.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What a fucking terrible game after what we did the Pittsburgh last game. It's time to actually look at our PP and do something about it. It's not working and it's costing us games. Also, Brendan Smith sucks so much. WTF was he doing out there at the end? If you're gonna put one to the net, it fucking get to the net and not be blocked when your net is empty. Just terrible.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ya, just really sloppy all around.

This might be a bad team but it would be really tough to out-bad the oilers and sabres this year, a top 5 or 6 pick in next year's draft would still be nice though.
And that's the thing. We're not bad enough to be bad. We're going to miss a franchise altering pick year in and year out.

Moves in management will pay off because even a lot of critics are applauding them, but it'll take a long time at this point for this franchise to go anywhere. I dunno what the fancy stats said, but we played like shit

And that's the thing. We're not bad enough to be bad. We're going to miss a franchise altering pick year in and year out.

Moves in management will pay off because even a lot of critics are applauding them, but it'll take a long time at this point for this franchise to go anywhere. I dunno what the fancy stats said, but we played like shit

QFT

#FreeJakeGardiner and let him go into a video room to watch how to play defence. It requires effort, and the millions aren't free.

Seriously, was he skating while asleep?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
On the plus side, as badly as this has gone, it's still way better than how our games in Montreal usually go. And we don't have to come back here again this (regular) season!

Montresor

What a goat fuck. Leafs are practically walking over the Bruins now. Of course the Loleafs start this when it's 4-1 and with 5 minutes left. Game over.

Fuck off.

pringles

What a fucking terrible game after what we did the Pittsburgh last game. It's time to actually look at our PP and do something about it. It's not working and it's costing us games. Also, Brendan Smith sucks so much. WTF was he doing out there at the end? If you're gonna put one to the net, it fucking get to the net and not be blocked when your net is empty. Just terrible.
Smith's been great this season but I'm starting to lose hope he'll ever come close to reaching his potential offensively. At least I can understand him being out there at the end when we need a goal, but Kindl? Da fuck.. anyway we lost this game in the first 2 periods. Total domination with nothing to really show for it. Every PP we got was like a chance for the Flyers to rest and get out of their own zone for a bit. Disgraceful.
Well damn. Even gave up a power play goal. Refs sucked too, not calling the Flyers twice when they should have in the 3rd. Not even mad though.
They called so many soft penalties all game and then they let 2-3 legit penalties go on the same shift at the end. Figures. But it would have just been embarrassing to see us fail to enter the zone for 2 minutes of 6-on-4 hockey, glad we didn't suffer through that.

guys

Guys

GUYS

No one wants to play for Carlyle et al

It's that simple

NHL has finally caught up with every other pro-sports league on this planet of ours. If the head guy is a cunt, and the players know he's a cunt, those players are not going to perform for that cunt.

Top Bottom