• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Merguson

Banned
Leafs without a doubt have the wrong core to build around. MLSE is a joke for even bringing back Carlyle and Nonis this season. The game has clearly passed Carlyle by and they are both extensions of Burke. Ties should have been severed ages ago. For the Leafs to truly start moving forward, Carlyle and Nonis both have to go.

Leafs will never win with this core.

Nonis isn't going anywhere. He's essentially the "go make calls around the league and report back to us" guy since no else in front office has that kind of experience.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
7-1

ibxrXS3sdcuHpH.gif

Can't wait for them to drop two of the next 3 against garbage teams.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Fucking Legwand is a piece of shit. What a stupid cunt...

Amazing save by franchise goaltender tho. Too bad Legshit went and ruined it.

Legwand has been good for the Sens but he has his shit moments, unfortunately yesterday's shit moment was at the worst time :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs without a doubt have the wrong core to build around. MLSE is a joke for even bringing back Carlyle and Nonis this season. The game has clearly passed Carlyle by and they are both extensions of Burke. Ties should have been severed ages ago. For the Leafs to truly start moving forward, Carlyle and Nonis both have to go.

Leafs will never win with this core.
You're right. Which is why they're making changes to management now to change the way they get players soon. I doubt (least I hope) there won't be a trade or signing blunder with all these new voices looking at fancy stats advising Nonis.

Nonis and Carlyle will be gone. Nobody lasts forever, and the writing is on the wall, but Shanalytics came in too late last year to do complete sweeping changes. I think he wanted to give them one good chance to redeem themselves and gave them tools to do it (Hunter to help with evaluation, that other dude to help with contracts, Dubas to get the analytics, and Spott to provide emotional support for the players and Horacek to improve the defense). However, I also think should a better candidate become available for either position, he's gonna shoot these two out of a cannon.

It also takes awhile to change the core on the ice.
Kessel would have suitors but I think he has a NTC? He is a star though and tear it up with a star playmaker.
JVR is an excellent trade piece but he's so good that we should keep him at this price.
Kadri still has room to grow, but he could go.
Lupul is getting on the wrong side of his career, so I'd argue he's one we should trade now.
We're stuck with Clarkson til his contract is done. Nobody is taking that off us unless we retain salary.
Phaneuf makes way too much money for what he does to move easily though I think Edmonton could use a guy like him.
Gardiner can be traded due to Percy, and he can fetch a good return but I'm not ready to give up on him yet.
Rielly goes nowhere. Bernier needs to find his game but he stays. The Jets just should have taken Reimer...

So I don't see a clear way out of this mess right now.

Samyy

I think he wanted to give them one good chance to redeem themselves

Gardiner can be traded due to Percy, and he can fetch a good return but I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

So I don't see a clear way out of this mess right now.

Nonis and Carlyle are sacrificial lambs for the terribleness of this team at the end of the season.

Also Percy has played light trash the last few games, send him down.

zroid

Banned
I saw some good things from Percy yesterday before everyone imploded. He's still being given very tough assignments and the mix-and-match pairings caused by 7 D surely isn't helping. If we send him down it'll be more time for Robidas and I don't think that's an improvement.

Samyy

I saw a some good things from Percy yesterday before everyone imploded. He's still being given very tough assignments and the mix-and-match pairings caused by 7 D surely isn't helping. If we send him down it'll be more time for Robidas and I don't think that's an improvement.

I'd rather let him play as the #1 guy on the Marlies then get screwed over by whatever it is Randy is teaching these guys. You can't throw a rookie to the wolves and give him these tough assignments every night, last thing we need is his confidence getting wrecked night in and out.

Hell I almost wish they had brought Rielly along slow as well.

zroid

Banned
I'd rather let him play as the #1 guy on the Marlies then get screwed over by whatever it is Randy is teaching these guys. You can't throw a rookie to the wolves and give him these tough assignments every night, last thing we need is his confidence getting wrecked night in and out.

Hell I almost wish they had brought Rielly along slow as well.

Well the Marlies could certainly use him, they're getting knocked around pretty bad :lol

anyway I fully support the tank if that's the approach the Leafs want to take :p

Samyy

Well the Marlies could certainly use him, they're getting knocked around pretty bad :lol

anyway I fully support the tank if that's the approach the Leafs want to take :p

They can't, they have to justify ticket prices hence the whole trading for Phaneuf/Kessel etc.

I'd like to believe Duchene's ridiculous night would motivate him but then I'd be hoping for something positive with this team and that's just a huge mistake

I think he'll break out soon, maybe he's a slow starter. Calder is going to shit his rocking chair today.

Samyy

Yup, that was the problem.

No of course not dude, but you don't want to hamper the kids development. Having him around isn't going to help or really hurt the team any, its best in the long-term.

This isn't some kind of move that management is thinking "you know what the fucking problem was, goddamn Stu Percy! That must be it!"

calder

Jesus fuck, useless piece of shit thorburn all alone in front, doesn't even get a SOG. Absolutely classic him.

Don't worry Avs, survive the early pressure from the Jets and you'll win no problem. Also, the Jets pressure results in few good chances to score and peters out after a while when they get bummed out, and then you'll get 3 goals on like 7 shots on Pavs.

Acid08

Banned
Well Ducks-Age it's that time of year again, our first meeting. Not expecting a win, just hoping for a good performance from our younger players.

Foggy

Jackets activate Ryan Murray finally, so I hope they see at least a modest improvement on the defensive side of things.

Top Bottom