• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

iAikaakkOzQFP.gif

We're just a couple games in folks!

Cool, I didn't even know a shootout was a thing! Being new to hockey is fun. Are there never any second overtimes? Do shootouts just go until somebody wins?

Anyway... KAAAAANE! And goddam Crawford was looking good.

Hockey is back, bitches. What a fun game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cool, I didn't even know a shootout was a thing! Being new to hockey is fun. Are there never any second overtimes? Do shootouts just go until somebody wins?

There's unlimited overtimes during the playoffs. Yes, it's as amazing as it sounds.

Just not really feasible during the regular season :lol

Quick

Banned

Continuous overtime is only for the playoffs. That's 20-minute OT periods until someone scores.

Shootouts after a 5-minute 4-on-4 OT for regular season games.

Quikies83

Multiple OTs in the playoffs

There's unlimited overtimes during the playoffs. Yes, it's as amazing as it sounds.

Can you imagine games going into multiple overtimes and the team misses their next flight? Lol. Go into the next back to back game extra exhausted

Continuous overtime is only for the playoffs. That's 20-minute OT periods until someone scores.

Shootouts after a 5-minute 4-on-4 OT for regular season games.

Multiple OTs in the playoffs

That makes sense then that I didn't have a goddam clue as to what I was watching, since I only started my hockey venture during last season's playoffs. So each shootoff has a "round" (where each team sends a player to charge the goalie to try to score), and if one team scores during a round and the other doesn't, then it's over?

Welcome new fan.
*hi5*

C4Lukins

It was a fun game. We lost when it came to the score, but in the innocent hearts of children around the globe, we were victorious.

Marvie_3

Banned
That makes sense then that I didn't have a goddam clue as to what I was watching, since I only started my hockey venture during last season's playoffs. So each shootoff has a "round" (where each team sends a player to charge the goalie to try to score), and if one team scores during a round and the other doesn't, then it's over?

It's best of 3 to start.

He's not a Kings fan, of course he's actually going to show up.

Hey now, Kings fans show up sometimes.

To their probation meetings.

Socreges

Banned
I am not sure I can explain it if the punchline is not instantly apparent to you. And if I were to try it would just ruin it for those that got it instantly.
Best part about this is I knew you'd come back with something like 'If you don't get it then I can't help you!' and you did not disappoint.

Seriously, I could obviously use your help here, slow and dimwitted as I am. I haven't had the luxury of a Texas education. Help.

He doesn't realize that the Subban brothers are a family of 7, he just thinks it's the same guy over and over

Teams need to employ affirmative action when going through the draft. Duh.

Open your eyes Soc

lUXyOrE.png
<3 you all

(especially Razor, he's batting a thousand lately)

Marvie_3

Banned
Best part about this is I knew you'd come back with something like 'If you don't get it then I can't help you!' and you did not disappoint.

Seriously, I could obviously use your help here, slow and dimwitted as I am. I haven't had the luxury of a Texas education. Help.
There's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

Top Bottom