• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Erdrick

Nice dive by Smith when Trouba came in to try and score. Glad the refs didn't give in to his diving.

Great way to start the season for the Jets. Concerned about Kane, but happy with most of the stuff I saw tonight. Adam Lowry looked not bad. A much better #17 over the previous James "Pavelec has more points than me" Wright.

Perrault and Galiardi were decent too.

Next up, Saturday in SJ. Keep it going guys.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got done watching the Rangers game on the DVR a few minutes ago. Rick fucking Nash! If only Nash and Kreider could keep this up throughout the season...

Great first period, really really rough second, then a whole lot of fight in the 3rd. A whole lot of room for improvement, but a good start against a very very good team.

Kids all played pretty well. The Duke had some great shifts and looked right at home. All the penalties, especially in the second, really broke up the flow of rolling the 4 lines, though. Gonna need to rein those in.

Zucc fighting! And getting his ass kicked! Gotta love Zucc.

Hank is in mid-season form already. He's been amped up all through training camp, and just about everyone has noted that he looks more locked in than usual for so early in the season. Also, this was his first ever win against the St. Louis Blues, if you can believe that, and he has now beaten every NHL franchise he has faced.

And re: that "knee on knee" by Girardi on Stastny, according to Stastny it was actually his quad and not his knee, and he hit it because he was trying to get out of the way of Girardi's check. Looked really bad on the ice at the time, though, so it's a good thing he seems to be ok.

Problems:

Faceoffs were utterly abysmal. That's to be expected when you have a hodge podge of people playing center, but it seems like there has to be a better alternative than CHRIS KREIDER taking faceoffs on the power play. Dominic Moore is exempted here, by the way. He was magnificent at the faceoff dot.

Speaking of, the power play was pretty damn bad. I liked the idea of Duclair out there, though. Nothing on the scoresheet, but I liked some of what he was doing. Still, these PP units need work.

Dan Boyle. Took a delay of game penalty early on, broke his hand early in the 3rd. Might need to call up the Undertaker already...

John Moore had a brutal game. Doesn't really register on the scoresheet, but oof. He can do better.

1 down, 81 to go.

Socreges

Banned
You cannot say you predicted something after the fact. You needed to call me out before my response for that to work.

I know your next million thoughts. After you express them I will call you on it.
KQmKvYL.jpg

Still hoping you explain the whole NHL doesn't acknowledge "African Americans" joke. I still don't get it. Why do you refuse to explain it? I also want to laugh! Meanwhile I'm just stuck thinking it was some lame, nonsensical comeback - which of course it isn't. Please help. :/

Handzusesque speed with your post here.
FYI you were both slow. "Luxury of a Texas education" can only be said ironically.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, they changed Tarasenko's goal to Stastny? After watching the replay...I have no idea why they would do that. Sure doesn't look like it hit Stastny.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
After Guenin's performance tonight Redmond better be in on Saturday or Roy is sippin' a little too much on whatever the fuck French Canadian champions sip on.

Varlamov: 2 periods, 5 goals against
Berra: 1 period, 0 goals against

ON PACE FOR 81 SHUTOUT SEASON BABY

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Mid-season form

They're a bit alliteration-happy today

"Sutter's Shortie"

"Sid's Second"

"Go, Go, Gustav"

"Brutal Blast"

"Buzzer Beater"

"Drag & Drop"

(and the "Bad Break" headline about Boyle... well... breaking his hand lol)

Also, Kane's shootout backhand for those that missed it:

ZWu57ZA.gif

They're a bit alliteration-happy today

"Sutter's Shortie"

"Sid's Second"

"Go, Go, Gustav"

"Brutal Blast"

"Buzzer Beater"

"Drag & Drop"

(and the "Bad Break" headline about Boyle... well... breaking his hand lol)

Also, Kane's shootout backhand for those that missed it:

ZWu57ZA.gif

Makes it look so easy. It's like Kane was bored and just wanted to get to a cab.

I'm so fucking bitter about that game, I expected to be worse this season but that was one of the worst games we've played in 4 years.

Number of good shifts we had all game: 1

Length of shift: 15-20 seconds

Number of bad everything we had all game: ∞

Length of bad everything: ∞

Also Hunter S. Broncofan talking about the first game of the season last year and how we demolished Anaheim was a real fucking joke of a comparison. We are not Anaheim. We are a far fucking cry from Anaheim.

Also Hunter S. Broncofan talking about the first game of the season last year and how we demolished Anaheim was a real fucking joke of a comparison. We are not Anaheim. We are a far fucking cry from Anaheim.

We have no depth, the only person I want who is currently in our bottom six is McGinn.

Hunter S.

You are so positive. I would think you must be drunk, but I see how you post.

I never met people so sensitive to people enjoying more than one sport. it is really absurd.

You are so positive. I would think you must be drunk, but I see how you post.

I never met people so sensitive to people enjoying more than one sport. it is really absurd.

Oh fuck off if you think I'm serious about that. I think you're overly positive and generally uninformed about how hockey actually works. I couldn't give a fuck if you like other sports.
Guys, the Vib Ribbon soundtrack. Cannot stop listening.

The GB quicklook uses the superior soundtrack. Dem Killer Cuts. I have that CD right in front of me on my desk.

Hunter S.

Oh fuck off if you think I'm serious about that. I think you're overly positive and generally uninformed about how hockey actually works. I couldn't give a fuck if you like other sports.

I am a casual fan compared to you and fine with that. You seem obsessed to me, but whatever. I get okay info from you when you are not acting like a crybaby.

RC

Banned
Stupid 6 hour cat nap, I missed everything again. At least I don't start work for another 6 hours. Crap.

So in regards to that new mascot for the baby flames, they did a reveal video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wc7XQL4PnBo

Aaaaand here's the auditions tape...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn2_Mun24Uk

And they already had to apologize for it

http://adirondackflames.com/news/?article_id=59

On behalf of our entire organization we want to apologize for our thoughtlessness today. We have obviously turned something good, the launch of a mascot which we will use to entertain and encourage young fans, into something that is in poor taste. That was not our intention and again we apologize.

Alucard

Banned
So, Jagr is now 6th all-time in NHL scoring. One of the greatest ever.

Dan Boyle's out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand. Sorry, poolies.

Top Bottom