• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Socreges

Banned
Shestyorkin wins again. 12-0-0, 13 goals allowed on the season.
Code:
#	Name	GP	Min	GA	GAA	W	L	T	ENG	SO	Saves	SvPct
38	Alexei Melnichuk	1	8	0	0.00	0	0	0	0	0	5	1.000
30	Igor Shesterkin	11	598	12	1.20	9	0	2	0	3	247	0.954
19	Mikko Koskinen	6	364	9	1.48	5	0	0	0	1	145	0.942

They're basically a KHL all-star team. I'm not sure it matters which goalie they have.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Code:
#	Name	GP	Min	GA	GAA	W	L	T	ENG	SO	Saves	SvPct
38	Alexei Melnichuk	1	8	0	0.00	0	0	0	0	0	5	1.000
30	Igor Shesterkin	11	598	12	1.20	9	0	2	0	3	247	0.954
19	Mikko Koskinen	6	364	9	1.48	5	0	0	0	1	145	0.942

They're basically a KHL all-star team. I'm not sure it matters which goalie they have.

Those stats aren't counting today yet. But basically, yeah. The team is ridiculous. 17-0-0 as a group now.

Silexx

In more positive news (despite the general awfulness of today), Alex Formenton has signed a 3-year entry level deal meaning there is a good chance he will start the season with the team!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When a foreign (or even domestic ) Muslim commits a terrorist attack, we have to do EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER to prevent that, no matter it means giving up essential rights ala Patriot act, or condemning refugees to death by not admitting them or hurting America's prosperity by limiting immigration. All in the name of "protecting" America.

When a domestic (white) terrorist commits the worst mass shooting in modern US history, there's "nothing that could be done about it, that's just the price of freedom, oh well though shit". "Oh wow look at those libruls now mentioning guns RESPECT THE DEAD BY DOING NOTHING"

Sorry, had to rant. It's fucking sickening.

As the Onion puts it everytime:

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-57086

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My beloved Golden Knights have canceled the Inaugural Fan Fest that was supposed to take place tomorrow, for obvious reasons.

Instead:
Golden Knights players will begin making appearances in the community to show support for first responders and victims beginning Tuesday. Details of the appearances will be confirmed Tuesday.

Marvie_3

Banned
When a foreign (or even domestic ) Muslim commits a terrorist attack, we have to do EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER to prevent that, no matter it means giving up essential rights ala Patriot act, or condemning refugees to death by not admitting them or hurting America's prosperity by limiting immigration. All in the name of "protecting" America.

When a domestic (white) terrorist commits the worst mass shooting in modern US history, there's "nothing that could be done about it, that's just the price of freedom, oh well though shit". "Oh wow look at those libruls now mentioning guns RESPECT THE DEAD BY DOING NOTHING"
I put 2 now ex-friends on blast this morning for a good hour for this type of bullshit. Fuck em. Blocked their numbers when I was done.

Tom Petty is dead😢
Ive been listening to Petty for the last hour in my office. Im fuckin bummed I never got a chance to see him live.

Ondor

Banned
Ive been listening to Petty for the last hour in my office. Im fuckin bummed I never got a chance to see him live.
I never got the chance to see him either. He joins Prince on my list of people who pass before I can see them. Thankfully Meatloaf is still kicking around.

mdubs

Banned
anybody have a subscription to the Athletic? How is it? I want to follow the new pens guys over

I don't know about their Pittsburgh stuff, but I subscribed back in April because Mirtle and Justin Bourne and I have not been disappointed. The quality of the written content is top-notch, and I enjoy the more "people-focused" stories they put out regularly as well. I read it every day and I really like that every day there are multiple new substantive and well-written pieces. I don't regret the money at all.

imBask

Banned
Odjick is on the radio right now, he's saying he talks to Pavel Bure about once a month

Bure is now a lawyer and he's super close to Putin

yyzjohn

Banned
I never got the chance to see him either. He joins Prince on my list of people who pass before I can see them. Thankfully Meatloaf is still kicking around.

I don't think Meatloaf is in the best of shape though. Not sure if he'll be able to your again.

Cake Boss

Banned
@Matt9Duchene: Can't get over this Vegas stuff, it hits way to close to home for me. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims & their families

Doesn't blame it on Mooozlims, good guy Duchene > Thick headed round turd Domi.

Lol watch us trade for Brouwer.

Patrick didn't really stand out much in the two games I saw of him, but he didn't look out of place either.

Exactly. The lack of mistakes was really great to see and I think the "standout" part will come as he regains his full fitness which is damn close.

But he will never be a McDavid or Matthews type player.

imBask

Banned
Odjick and Hartley also told a story about how Hartley gave nice cloths to Odjick in the minors because Odjick was too poor to afford them and there was a dress code with the team, and how Odjick showed up to a game one day with the nice cloths covered in blood because he had seen a deer on the side of the road and shot it... and then proceeded to run after the deer to finish it by hand and stash it in his trunk

it was one hell of an interview

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lupul and hossa shitshow should come to an end tomorrow per dreger

unless of course there's penalties, then the shitshow will continue!

edit: hossa today, lupul tomorrow

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If Jagr banged an 18 year old his first year in the league, she would be his age by now.

Scary!

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/1...k-calgary-flames-keith-tkachuk-1990-nhl-draft

It’s been 27 years since Jagr entered the NHL. Many of us, including some of your favorite hockey players, weren’t even on this planet when Jagr first stepped on NHL ice. Such is the case for Matthew Tkachuk, a 19-year-old forward with the Flames who will have the chance to play with Jagr this upcoming season.

Incredibly, Jagr has a connection to the Tkachuk family. Keith Tkachuk, Matthew’s father, was drafted in the same year as Jagr. The pair were both drafted in the first round of the 1990 NHL draft, just 14 spots apart from one another. Jagr was drafted as the fifth overall pick in 1990 by the Pittsburgh Penguins, while Keith Tkachuk was picked at the 19th overall spot by the Winnipeg Jets.

Now, Matthew Tkachuk will play on the same team with a draft-mate of his father’s, and it’s Jagr no less.

How's the Canucks content? I'd imagine there's much less than for Leafs

No surprise there

The Canucks stuff is good! The takes are decidedly even-keeled.

But there isn't much else for Vancouver sports fans. I don't think they have an MLS reporter yet.

PillarEN

Me not paying attention to preseason made me not realize that Martin Frk is staying with the bug club in Detroit. Good for him. Probably due to some of the injuries, but he should get some time playing on the offensive oriented lines to start the season. I didn't even know he came back to Detroit after playing for Carolina.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As most of you know, Ken Holland has driven the Red Wings off the cliff of oblivion with his terrible contracts and salary cap management.

Helene St. James, his sycophantic beat writer for the Detroit Free Press, shared his solution:

Helene St. James‏Verified account @HeleneStJames

Red Wings plan to carry 20 skaters & two goalies, making them salary cap compliant.

The man should have been fired 3 years ago.

Line_HTX

Holy shit, I forgot how goofy these fat taxi drivers were and how good this early 90s synth music sounded, hahahaha

Top Bottom