• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Carey has been going for his 100th win for the past 3 games, lolz. I'm surprised that they are riding him so hard. I thought we got Budaj so that Carey would play less, not more.

Solo said:
Carey has been going for his 100th win for the past 3 games, lolz. I'm surprised that they are riding him so hard. I thought we got Budaj so that Carey would play less, not more.
Catch 22. Habs need to start winning and Price gives them the best shot in doing that.

Nice, I was hoping to see Vokun versus Bryz. Flyers biggest problem this year has been taking to many penalties, so hopefully the refs let them play tonight. Should be a good game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
I hope they dress Cammy tonight. Need a spark. Goddamn Montreal team docs always keep players off the ice too long though, so I suspect this will be no different. There is being safe and there is being paranoid.

With the problems Montreal has had with injuries, I would rather be paranoid.

When did NHLGaf turn into 90% LeafsAge, I at least remember there being a Canucks or Pens statement thrown in a few times to break it up, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the last page here.

Manic's must have unleashed the fury of his alt's for this season, cause if he is going down, he is at least going down fighting.

Doytch

CrazedArabMan said:
When did NHLGaf turn into 90% LeafsAge, I at least remember there being a Canucks or Pens statement thrown in a few times to break it up, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the last page here.

Manic's must have unleashed the fury of his alt's for this season, cause if he is going down, he is at least going down fighting.
Eh, only one game on last night is probably the reason.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:

Bingo.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
CrazedArabMan said:

Actual answer: Last night there was only one game played in the NHL which featured the Leafs and Jets. So Leafs-GAF got to shine!

Revenant

Kave_Man said:
Actual answer: Last night there was only one game played in the NHL which featured the Leafs and Jets. So Leafs-GAF got to shine!
Tonight Hawks GAF will be out in full force!

and by full force I mean

Marvie and I alternating between posting a players names in caps because they scored and scapegoating Viktor Stalberg/ possibly Duncan Keith.

delivering%20the%20sauce.jpg

What is this. I don't even.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm visiting Chicago when the Leafs play the Hawks. I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to get tickets for that game.

Haters be damned but I absolutely love the goal scoring song in Chicago. Might be the only time the entire year I won't hope for a shutout for Reimer.

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
Tonight Hawks GAF will be out in full force!

and by full force I mean

Marvie and I alternating between posting a players names in caps because they scored and scapegoating Viktor Stalberg/ possibly Duncan Keith.
mkufdv.jpg

Curufinwe

Socreges said:
Plenty. How many of Voracek's and Couturier's have you seen?

Well I've seen all of Carter's and he was mediocre at best in every one. 21 points in 47 playoffs games does not lie. He proved that unlike Briere and Giroux he didn't have the ability to step up his game when it mattered most. Which made it easy for Holmgren to trade him despite all the crying from people who thought the Flyers offense would go south without Carter.

Voracek and Couturier have only played 4 playoff games between them so they at least offer the hope that they might be good in the postseason. And I'd take that hope over 11 more years of Jeff Carter playoff disappearances any day of the week.

Puddles

Banned
Just got offered Nicklas Backstrom and Carey Price for Kessel.

My goalies are Lehtonen, Bryzgalov and Corey Crawford, so I think I should pass, right?

Puddles said:

My goalies are Lehtonen, Bryzgalov and Corey Crawford, so I think I should pass, right?
You never have too many goalies. I'd accept that trade, and get something equivalent to Kessel for Crawford or Backstrom. Unless the Habs don't turn it around, this trade will be a complete steal by the end of the season. Kessel will NOT keep up like this.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Puddles said:

Take it and run.

BigJonsson said:
Hope the Leafs show up tonight, hopefully Gustavsson doesn't lay an egg

This is Boston's game to lose, I think the Leafs will be too tired to pull out a win here. I'm really interested in seeing if Kessel keeps his goal scoring streak alive though, considering how poorly he usually plays against his old team.

t0mp

Puddles said:

I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Epic Tales of Penis said:
what are you thinking master penis? how have the caps looked so far?

Puddles

Banned
Foreign Jackass said:
You never have too many goalies. I'd accept that trade, and get something equivalent to Kessel for Crawford or Backstrom. Unless the Habs don't turn it around, this trade will be a complete steal by the end of the season. Kessel will NOT keep up like this.

The one issue is that this league plays really deep starting lineups and short benches. I don't have any open roster spots, so this trade would essentially be Kessel plus whoever I'd choose to drop for those two guys. Plus, since I have Jeff Carter, Drew Doughty and Martin Havlat on the IR right now, I'm hesitant to sacrifice another bench spot for a fourth goalie.

Thanks for the advice though. Gotta consider this one carefully.

Puddles said:

The bigger question is who would offer you two starting goalies for Kessel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom