• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Vega said:
Price going for his 100th win.
Doesn't look good for the Pens. We are great at letting opposing players hit milestones against us.
Hope Geno and Orpik are ready to go. :/

The Price milestone pretty much doomed us. We just love to helping other teams hit records.

But good news! Orpik will finally be back tonight! Thank fucking god.

Bad news: Kennedy officially diagnosed with a concussion. I have no idea how he got it. Geno skated this morning but won't play tonight and is still day-to-day.

Puddles

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
The bigger question is who would offer you two starting goalies for Kessel?

Backstrom is a center.

Marvie_3 said:
Every member of Leafs-age?

Haha, this is on rotowire's Kessel profile right now:

He can't maintain this pace. You may be able to leverage him in a deal for a whole lot more, particularly from a Leafs fan. Go check.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
To make room for Kadri, the Leafs have further sprained Armstrong's ankle, making him eligible for IR.

You know you've got [/depth] when you're injuring your vets to bring up rookies.

I am so pissed I traded Kessel before the season started. I should have waited and gotten a ton back. It sucks that no one will make trades in the real gaf league. We have so many teams that the wavier wire is totally barren, and injuries have killed my team. Oh well at least it wasnt for money.

Vega

Spire said:
The Price milestone pretty much doomed us. We just love to helping other teams hit records.

But good news! Orpik will finally be back tonight! Thank fucking god.

Bad news: Kennedy officially diagnosed with a concussion. I have no idea how he got it. Geno skated this morning but won't play tonight and is still day-to-day.
Geno's leg issue is becoming more and more worrisome. Hopefully the soreness won't linger throughout the rest of his career.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I propose that when Columbus finally moves that they move to Detroit. I miss having an NHL team :(

Wait, we still have one?

aidan

yankeehater said:
I am so pissed I traded Kessel before the season started. I should have waited and gotten a ton back. It sucks that no one will make trades in the real gaf league. We have so many teams that the wavier wire is totally barren, and injuries have killed my team. Oh well at least it wasnt for money.

I'd love to see more trades (and am more than willing to move players if someone makes me a fair offer). Send an offer my way (Alpacas for Hart), if you're interested in anything.

Puddles

Banned
Obviously Kessel can't maintain this pace (i.e. he won't score 160+ points this season), but do you guys think he could end up as a Hart Trophy winner/finalist? What do you think his ceiling is?

aidan

Puddles said:
Obviously Kessel can't maintain this pace (i.e. he won't score 160+ points this season), but do you guys think he could end up as a Hart Trophy winner/finalist? What do you think his ceiling is?

Probably a hundred, hundred and thirty points. At least until the Leafs do the same thing they do every year: crash and burn after a promising start to the season.

Puddles said:

5 games in. It has been written. What has happened before, shall happen again. All hail Cherry!

Puddles said:

Max? 40 goals, 30 assists. I don't think he'll score more than 70 pts with this Leafs team.

Solo

11rsx1j.gif

Bring it, Pens!

aidan said:
I'd love to see more trades (and am more than willing to move players if someone makes me a fair offer). Send an offer my way (Alpacas for Hart), if you're interested in anything.

It is so hard to come up with a fair proposal. I have been looking over your team. I think I will make a post about trading H. Sedin and see if anyone offers me anything. I really need another goalie. I am going to come up way short of the games played and there are no starting goalies left on waivers.

t0mp said:
what are you thinking master penis? how have the caps looked so far?
Caps have been so weird dude. 4-0 after to start the season but not even playing well enough to earn that record. However, last game against the Panthers was their most complete game in ages. The third line of Chimera, Laich, and Ward has been their best line, can cycle well down low and has the potential to be a shutdown line.

The first two lines have been ok.

Depends which Caps team decides to show up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Phil Kessel?

If everything goes right I could see him around 45-48 goals and close to 40 assists.

But most likely 35-37 goals, 30 assists.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I predict a Flyers win tonight, but it's going to be a good game no matter what.

I also heard tonight will be Hal Gill's 1000th game, which is fitting. That's a milestone I don't mind being set tonight.

Vega said:
Geno's leg issue is becoming more and more worrisome. Hopefully the soreness won't linger throughout the rest of his career.

This sort of thing is typical considering his surgery. It's not going to be fully healed for a few more months, although I expect him to play. I actually think he'll be back in the lineup within the next week, his knee will just be something that flares up every now and then for awhile.

yankeehater said:
It is so hard to come up with a fair proposal. I have been looking over your team. I think I will make a post about trading H. Sedin and see if anyone offers me anything. I really need another goalie. I am going to come up way short of the games played and there are no starting goalies left on waivers.

I have an 0-5 Steve Mason to trade. :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Modano said on Twitter "please ask for a trade Nash!" which is true, but funny and kind of surprising he would say that. Also no predictions for tonights game, this team has been so jekyll and hyde lately, if we get the same team that played buffalo we should win easy, if we don't then who knows.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Thought it was interesting before the Leafs game they showed the same stick that Kessel uses and the flex on it was insane.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Puddles said:
I love Kessel (even have his jersey), but he'll likely get between 60-80 points. He can only do so much with the linemates he has. He didn't have a decent finisher to pass to for much of last season and this made it easy for teams to focus merely on him. While I don't think Connelly is the answer, I really hope I'm wrong and Kessel gets 90 points with him.

I'm surprised Kessel has been able to fit in his Cinderella dress in the last couple weeks. It doesn't matter anymore though, as he's going to get undressed tonight- along with Reimer and the rest of the Laughs.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
KoruptData said:
They don't carry the NHL network in Northern KY. What are my options to watch tonights game?

A shitty stream. I can PM you a link once game time rolls around.

Home

No online stream for tonights game on TSN. :( Really enjoyed the stream last night, it's way better than the CBC stream, in both quality and number of Don Cherry's viewed.

Home said:
No online stream for tonights game on TSN. :( Really enjoyed the stream last night, it's way better than the CBC stream, in both quality and number of Don Cherry's viewed.

They're only streaming Wednesday night games.

lupinko

Something Wicked said:
I'm surprised Kessel has been able to fit in his Cinderella dress in the last couple weeks. It doesn't matter anymore though, as he's going to get undressed tonight- along with Reimer and the rest of the Laughs.

Kinda hard for that to happen since Gustavsson is starting tonight.

Except Kadri's just not very good.

Socreges, why be so persnickety? It takes a very hostile reading of his post to draw that kind of impression from it.

Socreges

Banned
bonesmccoy said:
Except Kadri's just not very good.

Socreges, why be so persnickety? It takes a very hostile reading of his post to draw that kind of impression from it.
Not sure which comment/post you're referring to, brother.

MacAttack

Solo said:
I have to admit that there is a small part of me that wants to see the Leafs go 5-0 again to start the season for the "Leafs will make playoffs!"/"Kessel for HART!" lulz.

I hope you're happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom