• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6y2psx.gif

Third period has broken my brain. Why Flyers. Why.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Solo said:
Most pathetic display of hockey Ive seen from the Habs in a good long time.

I'm not saying he is. But he NEEDS to sit a game.

Sure but that's not the problem. Playing a game with a worst goalie won't change anything. And benching Price after a bunch of loses that aren't his fault aren't going to give him a moral boost.

Need to fire Martin by the end of next week at the latest.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:
You'll win Saturday. Habs are desperate for a win and Leafs will be looking at the standings and saying "oh we only lost to the defending champs". Recipe for disaster.
Manic's worry meter: rising?

Solo

Manics said:
You'll win Saturday. Habs are desperate for a win and Leafs will be looking at the standings and saying "oh we only lost to the defending champs". Recipe for disaster.

I heard the same shit before this game. We're still losing.

Solo

Ether_Snake said:
Need to fire Martin by the end of next week at the latest.

Do you really not understand that Gauthier will never fire Martin? The only way Martin goes is when Gauthier gets fired. Its like Burke and Wilson in Toronto - too personal of a relationship.

Personally, I'm not ready to drop the blame on Martin's shoulders. The players are largely responsible for this. Yes, we've had injuries blah blah blah, but there needs to be some accountability here. Price has played average. Subban has been bad-to-mediocre. Gomez and Gionta have been invisible. Didn't we sign Erik Cole? When is he gonna be dressed? I think leadership has, for whatever reason, been lost with this team.

MacAttack

Tough night for Gustavsson. He's looked like shit.

Tough to get overly excited, Toronto has played like a team on the second night of a back to back. Hopefully the Sharks play with a similar effort on Saturday on their second game in as many nights.

Kessel's point streak is in Jeopardy, Toronto.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
LOL!

Just one of those classic beatdowns of the Leaves in Boston. Can always count on at least one per season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alucard said:
Subban is just experiencing karma for his cocky and arrogant bullshit from the past two seasons.
:lol are you fucking kidding me? No way this is serious.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Solo said:
Do you really not understand that Gauthier will never fire Martin? The only way Martin goes is when Gauthier gets fired. Its like Burke and Wilson in Toronto - too personal of a relationship.

Personally, I'm not ready to drop the blame on Martin's shoulders. The players are largely responsible for this. Yes, we've had injuries blah blah blah, but there needs to be some accountability here. Price has played average. Subban has been bad-to-mediocre. Gomez and Gionta have been invisible. Didn't we sign Erik Cole? When is he gonna be dressed? I think leadership has, for whatever reason, been lost with this team.

Yeah so all those players suddenly suck because of themselves? Martin is the problem. He could be watching the game from his home with a cardboard cutout next to the players and it'd be no different.

MacAttack

How do you award the three stars of the game for tonight?

Four Bruins players with three points and a solid team game all around.

My choices:
1. Chara
2. Andrew Ference
3. Seguin

Slurmer

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Insane scores tonight between Caps/Flyers and Leafs/Bruins, shit...

Caps/Flyers turned blowout in a flash. goal off dman's stick, ovechkin blast from the slot off talbot, crazy deflection by ward...all in about 3 minutes.

Solo

Ether_Snake said:
Yeah so all those players suddenly suck because of themselves?

Gio looks old and like he has lost a step. How can you possibly blame that on the coach? Martin has his faults, but lest we forget that he almost got us to the Cup finals 2 years ago. blah blah blah Halak blah blah blah. Martin coached the shit out of the team during that run.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Solo said:
Gio looks old and like he has lost a step. How can you possibly blame that on the coach?

The whole team is playing like their dogs got ran over by eighteen wheelers. Yeah I blame the coach.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Alucard said:
Just stoking the flames. Subban's immature.

Maybe immature in that he still early in his career and needs more experience still. Need I mention when Crysby broke his stick on the net by Halak in the playoffs...that's immature.

C Jones

Other than those golden chances the Habs got in the 1st this was pretty much a beat down. MAF played great, wish he got the shutout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom