• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

FortunateSon said:
Dude, are you a habs fan? Or do you love hating on your team so much?

oh im sorry

ELLER IS GOD! COLE IS AWESOME! PG = BEST GM!

happy?

Red_Man said:
Enqvist is fucking awful, Moore shouldn't have been let go and either should have halpern, but Martin is also playing him in shit spots, and having Darche on the PP is fucking laughable. Only players playing with heart this season has been Patches, Eller, Diaz and Pleks. Maybe its a locker room issue, I dunno but this was the Habs playing at their shittiest level.

see, i'm not the only one

Erdrick

This Jets game... worst of the year, so far. ("so far" being key here.)

5 mins left in the 3rd, Noel pulls Pavelic and we still couldn't score. 4-1 loss. Ladd gets his face smashed by a deflected freak puck, Wheeler has some weird twist on his leg and literally had to crawl to the bench by the time he made it to it and...

... Seriously, Johnny Oduya must be a -10 at least by now. He has given the puck away so many times it's like the return of the Jets of old except everyone on the team is Sergei Bautin. I'm glad Ladd came back, as his face was just... ouch.

An Ottawa fan here posted here earlier last week that it was going to be a long year? I hear ya...

Solo

Red_Man said:
Enqvist is fucking awful, Moore shouldn't have been let go and either should have halpern, but Martin is also playing him in shit spots, and having Darche on the PP is fucking laughable. Only players playing with heart this season has been Patches, Eller, Diaz and Pleks. Maybe its a locker room issue, I dunno but this was the Habs playing at their shittiest level.

First step to correct that is to get that C off Gionta and onto Gorges.

MPW said:
oh im sorry

ELLER IS GOD! COLE IS AWESOME! PG = BEST GM!

happy?

I'm not even a habs fan. I'm a leaf fan. I was just curious is all. It's funny, you remind of that one negative San Jose sharks fan on here. I forgot his name.

And actually, I'm a lot like you as well as in I criticize my team as well! But you just seem never happy with the habs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
When they were deciding who to give the C too, I was on team Gionta, but I don't feel like he has the fire in him to give the guys shit when they're playing like it. Gorges would hold people accountable and always plays his heart out, and that's what any team needs from a Captain.

MPW

Solo said:

take the C off someone who has years left in his contract with NTC and give it to someone who is unrestricted (another great move by PG) at the end of the season? not happening

Red_Man

Epic Tales of Penis said:
I'm shocked at how bad PK has been playing. What's up there?
Trying too much again like he did beginning of last year, guessing its the sophomore slump.

Cactus

Banned
FortunateSon said:
He played very well last season? Yes. Are we in last season? No. He has potential, has he exploited it yet this season? No. He has been average. Looked good? He has allowed 13 goals in 4 games. That's about 3 goals a game. That's average, not the second coming leafs are portraying him to be since the beginning of this season and it's only going to get worse I assume. Hopefully not though because I want the leafs to succeed.

Just a quick comparison: Leafs have scored 16 gf and Reimer has let in 13 goals. Think about it. It's hilarious when put in perspective. 4 games in.

BOTH our goalies are average. Are leaf fans really expecting the duo of Reimer/Gustavsson to carry us into the playoffs? I'll be glad to be proven wrong but for now, oh god, :(.
.913/2.55 isn't outstanding, but it's competent, and it's been years since we've had a competent goalie (assuming he can sustain it, of course). If we had 0.913 goaltending for 60+ games last season, the team probably would have made the playoffs (we had 56 games of sub .900 goaltending by Giggy/Gustavsson)

Gustavsson might have to be replaced, though, I'll agree with you there... especially if management wants to be careful with Reimer and avoid overworking him in his first full season. I have my doubts that he can play 20 games of competent hockey at this point.

Erdrick

FortunateSon said:
I'm not even a habs fan. I'm a leaf fan. I was just curious is all. It's funny, you remind of that one negative San Jose sharks fan on here. I forgot his name.

And actually, I'm a lot like you as well as in I criticize my team as well! But you just seem never happy with the habs.

You are one of the most sensible Leafs fans that I have ever seen on here or off, actually.

Same sentiment here though. I love the Jets. They are my team for life now, but I sure as hell wont shy from criticism towards them. Of which I had plenty to say tonight as I struggled to watch that farce of a game. Power Play? lol more like "Who can turn over the puck *this* time"

At least we had a better effort last night against the Leafs.

Solo

I'm shocked at how bad PK has been playing. What's up there?

I am as miffed as you. Trying to do too much? Sophomore slump? Dude worked out all but 3 days this summer and did nothing but talk about how hyped he was to get going....and then he plays some of his worst pro hockey to start the season.

Fun little fact: this is the worst start for the Habs since 1995-1996 when they went 1-5, and Jacques Demers, WHO WON MONTREAL A STANLEY CUP, was shitbinned after game 4. Molson/Gainey/Gauthier be trollin'.

Red_Man

Makes sense. I love his game though and would gladly take him on my team.
I'm not worried about him, he's knows he's shit and will come around. Saturday is going to be a bloodbath if Leafs score first, wouldn't want to be on the team if they fall down a couple.

Montresor

I just hate the Bruins. And I hate the putrid fanbase at their arena. Bunch of knuckle-draggers. I hate this shit, it's so soul-crushing.

MPW

FortunateSon said:

ok tell me why the fuck i should be happy

- we have only 1 win
- PG resigned markov to 3 years when he would be ok with 2, now markov is gone till god knows when
- gave a character guy like georges only 1 year contract and he will be unrestricted at the end of the season
- PG gave cole NTC and a 4 year contract
- gomez plays for us and takes up 7.3 cap space
- so far price and subban have been average at best

only bright spot is Diaz

oh and spacek's contract is up after this season (3.8m cap space freed)

Cole has NEVER been successful without Staal, which is very worrisome, hopefully he's first goal (ASAP plz) will boost his confidence

Red_Man

Montresor said:
I just hate the Bruins. And I hate the putrid fanbase at their arena. Bunch of knuckle-draggers. I hate this shit, it's so soul-crushing.
Imagine losing to them in game 7 of the playoffs after the abomination broke one of your best prospects neck and go on to win the cup, that's soul crushing.

Solo

MPW said:

- we have only 1 win
- PG resigned markov to 3 years when he would be ok with 2, now markov is gone till god knows when
- gave a character guy like georges only 1 year contract and he will be unrestricted at the end of the season

only bright spot is Diaz

Cole has NEVER been successful without Staal, which is very worrisome, hopefully he's first goal (ASAP plz) will boost his confidence

But you were a manic depressive before all of that, Malakhov.

Montresor

MPW said:

- we have only 1 win

only bright spot is Diaz

Without Gomez, you don't have your captain, Gionta, right?

Solo

Montresor said:
Without Gomez, you don't have your captain, Gionta, right?

That's what they say, but I'm not sure if I believe it. We also landed Cammy, Spacek, Gill and Moen that same day. I think those 4 would have been enough to get Gio, with or without Gomez.

Red_Man

Solo said:
That's what they say, but I'm not sure if I believe it. We also landed Cammy, Spacek, Gill and Moen that same day. I think those 4 would have been enough to get Gio, with or without Gomez.
Gio got offered $7 million / 2 years from some other team and $30 million / 5 years from us, gomez had nothing to do with it.

Cactus said:
.913/2.55 isn't outstanding, but it's competent, and it's been years since we've had a competent goalie (assuming he can sustain it, of course). If we had 0.913 goaltending for 60+ games last season, the team probably would have made the playoffs (we had 56 games of sub .900 goaltending by Giggy/Gustavsson)

Gustavsson might have to be replaced, though, I'll agree with you there... especially if management wants to be careful with Reimer and avoid overworking him in his first full season. I have my doubts that he can play 20 games of competent hockey at this point.

That's the thing, now we're going to be playing a game of whether he can keep this up for 8games which I doubt, highly doubt as it's his first year. He's going to be playing every game as I don't think Gustavsson has been all that as you pointed out as well so when Reimer does go down, we don't really have a solid back up for him.

Well, so far like I said Reimer hasn't been great. I didn't say he was outright horrible, that would be a clear cut lie.

Lets see once we get to about 30 games in, witho ur goalie situation. If Reimer was truly a better upgrade than Giguere.

Solo

Socreges said:
MPW = Malakhov?

Good work, Solo

Welcome back, Malakhov!

It's the only way I can make sense of him. Sure, his doom and gloom is warranted so far this year, but even when times were good in 2009 and 2010 he was still Debbie Downer. Pure Malakhov behavior.

Alts are going to be the death of me!

MPW

habs in last place in the conference

time to call

Lemaire.jpeg

or tank and get a top 3 draft pick

Erdrick said:
You are one of the most sensible Leafs fans that I have ever seen on here or off, actually.

Same sentiment here though. I love the Jets. They are my team for life now, but I sure as hell wont shy from criticism towards them. Of which I had plenty to say tonight as I struggled to watch that farce of a game. Power Play? lol more like "Who can turn over the puck *this* time"

At least we had a better effort last night against the Leafs.

Jets, well. You guys are going to have a long season even though I really haven't followed anything jets lately other then the game where we faced eachother.

Criticizing your team is never a bad thing, you want your team to succeed and if your team is shitting the bed and there are reasons for it, point taken you know.

MPW = Malakhov?

Seriously. Holy shit. Alts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom