• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

Ryan McDonagh (an OT winner), Roman Hamrlik, Mikhail Grabovski, Ryan O’Byrne and Christopher Higgins scored goals Thursday night.

lol

Marvie_3 said:
John Madden not signing with the Chicago Wolves afterall

habs?

TUSR

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
Going to put MPW on my ignore list. Shouldn't have to block someone who cheers for the same team, but 99% of his posts consist of Cole, PG and Gomez. Everyone gets it, you don't need to repeat yourself after every game.
OK.
Thanks for the heads up.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
Ok, the pity party ends. Back into the optimism pool I jump.

Only six games in so it is too early to panic yet. Thanks to injuries pre-season and now the team hasn't gelled yet. Diaz and Emelin are looking better the more they play.

MPW

Solo said:

plan the parade! :p

habs need to go on a wining streak (at least 3 games) before getting optimistic about this bunch

habs need something to go their way early vs leafs

a lucky/fluke goal or a goal scored while killing a penalty

SCHUEY F1 said:
Going to put MPW on my ignore list. Shouldn't have to block someone who cheers for the same team, but 99% of his posts consist of Cole, PG and Gomez. Everyone gets it, you don't need to repeat yourself after every game.

damn, not 100%?

LeBron-Check-my-Stats.jpg

Manics

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
You know he's just a Solo-alt right?

SCHUEY F1 said:
Aren't you being a little harsh?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:
Love your wife man ��

She is a big Leafs fan :lol. I was talking to her last night on the phone (she was at work) and she was giving me crap about the Habs losing again. I couldn't talk about the Leafs/Bruins game though because she had it on the PVR and will watch it today.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
THE WINGS PLAY TONIGHT :D

You have no idea what a rare occasion this is. I fully expect them to look like they're skating in molasses during the 1st period.

Manics

Banned
SCHUEY F1 said:
She is a big Leafs fan :lol. I was talking to her last night on the phone (she was at work) and she was giving me crap about the Habs losing again. I couldn't talk about the Leafs/Bruins game though because she had it on the PVR and will watch it today.

Wow, your wife is A-OK in my books. How the hell do you get along with that kind of division? My wife doesn't really follow hockey but she would support the Leafs for me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo said:
I just think back to last year when they got shutout 3 games in a row and it seemed like they would never score again, they need 1 decent win to jump start them and they should be able to string some together. Also Gomez had to go for a MRI and is out saturday, so not looking that great for him.

Solo

Time for Eller to step up. Frankly, I think Gionta will benefit greatly from not being stuck with Gomer all the time.

Solo

Practice lines (which are always gametime lines for JM):

Brian Gionta - Tomas Plekanec - Michael Cammalleri
Erik Cole - David Desharnais - Max Pacioretty
Andrei Kostitsyn - Lars Eller - Travis Moen
Aaron Palushaj - Andreas Engqvist - Mathieu Darche

P.K. Subban - Josh Gorges
Hal Gill - Raphael Diaz
Jaroslav Spacek - Alexei Emelin

I kinda like these changes. Gio and Cammy had some magic together in the 2010 playoffs, 2 big wingers on the second, and best of all, Eller and AK are reunited.

EDIT: I just realized that the Spacho-Man is back!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Manics said:
Wow, your wife is A-OK in my books. How the hell do you get along with that kind of division? My wife doesn't really follow hockey but she would support the Leafs for me.

Usually it isn't too bad since a lot of the games have not been too meaningful. If they played in the playoffs though that would be a recipe for disaster. Also I try not get on her case too much if the Leafs are struggling.

Red_Man

Lines from this morning:

Cammy-Pleks-Gionta
Patch-DD-Cole
Moen-Eller-AK
Palushaj-Engqvist-Darche.

Fake edit : little late with the lines but yea get darche off the first PP and move eller up and it looks alright, and hopefully Enqvist gets shipped back to hamilton.

Obviously those will change in 3 shifts into the 1st but they look alright, would prefer to see Eller in the 2nd line C. Seeing darche on the first PP unit makes me want to kill myself.

Red_Man

I would actually say put AK on the 2nd and Cole on the third seeing as AK-DD and Patches have been magic together, and Cole has done shit all.

Solo

Red_Man said:
I would actually say put AK on the 2nd and Cole on the third seeing as AK-DD and Patches have been magic together, and Cole has done shit all.

Yeah, but Eller and AK were great together last year. This gives us 3 decent lines rather than 2.

So NJ Devils fans, how have they've been looking so far? The SJ Sharks would like a win first game on road in NJ tonight and first game since the season opener.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Robot said:
So NJ Devils fans, how have they've been looking so far? The SJ Sharks would like a win first game on road in NJ tonight and first game since the season opener.

There are Devils fans here? I know of a devilhater.

Acid08

Banned
Plinko said:
THE WINGS PLAY TONIGHT :D

You have no idea what a rare occasion this is. I fully expect them to look like they're skating in molasses during the 1st period.
SHARKS TOO!!!!! The fuck is up with this fucking terrible schedule?

Havlat making his debut tonight! YESH!

Joe Thorntons 1000th NHL game tonight as well. Love ya Jumbo <3

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
brucewaynegretzky said:
That's depressing. That area fills a football stadium every week, right? So pathetic.

Hey, those 79 people are thankful that Bettman is fighting tooth and nail to keep that franchise in Phoenix, am I right?

Plinko

Is there anybody more in-the-know here that can tell me what is going on with Colorado's attendance? ESPN has them averaging just over 9,000 people per game so far. That can't possibly be correct.

Celsior

I was wondering why the Rangers have all away games for the first month.
Then I saw they were redoing MSG.

Getting rid of this horrible west coast trip early I guess is nice.

Marvie_3

Banned
Socreges said:
He's more passive aggressive than that. Would probably purchase all the grey Diet Pepsi cases.
:lol

Plinko said:
Hey, those 79 people are thankful that Bettman is fighting tooth and nail to keep that franchise in Phoenix, am I right?
79 people with free tickets can't be wrong.

Plinko said:
Is there anybody more in-the-know here that can tell me what is going on with Colorado's attendance? ESPN has them averaging just over 9,000 people per game so far. That can't possibly be correct.
They didn't add the numbers from the Chicago game in yet. There was 18,000+ for the hope opener against Detroit and just under 18,000 last night.

Man, I woke up and thought I was still dreaming when I saw that Detroit plays today.

So undefeated team vs a defeated team, sounds like fun! I fully expect Columbus to come out flying while Detroit is busy putting their walkers and hover rounds away, and then they will pick it up toward the end with Columbus slowing down. Just have to weather the early storm and we should be good.

Also looks like Brunnstrom is going to make his regular season debut tomorrow against the Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom