• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPW said:
ok tell me why the fuck i should be happy

- we have only 1 win
- PG resigned markov to 3 years when he would be ok with 2, now markov is gone till god knows when
- gave a character guy like georges only 1 year contract and he will be unrestricted at the end of the season
- PG gave cole NTC and a 4 year contract
- gomez plays for us and takes up 7.3 cap space
- so far price and subban have been average at best

only bright spot is Diaz

oh and spacek's contract is up after this season (3.8m cap space freed)

Cole has NEVER been successful without Staal, which is very worrisome, hopefully he's first goal (ASAP plz) will boost his confidence

I will input on the Markov contract, I don't understand, he gives him a 3 year contract at 5.5 million per year and now he's out, who knows when he will be back and at 100%. I would rather if he signed yearly contracts as opposed to a 3 year. Even a 2 year contract wouldn't be too bad.

And we all know Subban and Price will bounce back. Nothing else to it.

Gomez is just pure fucking shit. Worse contract ever. He's so horrible out there. I don't even know.

Cole could bounce back, but again, I'm also a firm believer that Cole has only been successful because of Staal.

Socreges

Banned
Bahaha maybe sef was right. Preds looking BAD. They should just form a shell around their goalie like the Rangers did. Everything's going in tonight.

MPW

FortunateSon said:
I will input on the Markov contract, I don't understand, he gives him a 3 year contract 5.5 million per year and now he's out, who knows when he will be back and at 100%. I would rather if he signed yearly contracts as opposed to a 3 year. Even a 2 year contract wouldn't be too bad.

And we all know Subban and Price will bounce back. Nothing else to it.

Gomez is just pure fucking shit. Worse contract ever. He's so horrible out there. I don't even know.

Cole could bounce back, but again, I'm also a firm believer that Cole has only been successful because of Staal.

lol so u agree with me, i shouldn't be happy

i just remembered ...

On June 30, 2009, Gomez was traded by the Rangers, along with Tom Pyatt and Michael Busto, to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Christopher Higgins, Doug Janik, Ryan McDonagh, and Pavel Valentenko

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

fleeced.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This start makes sending Gallagher to the minors instead of letting him have a 9 game try out look even worse as he couldn't have made our offence any worse.

Socreges

Banned
On that note, I know Habs fans refer to Higgins as their "scraps", but dude is looking impressive so far in his first full season here. Looking confident and determined. He strikes me as a guy that could go into occasional droughts, though.

Red_Man

SpectreFire said:
Lapierre was also scraps too wasn't he? And look how well he's turning out.
I always liked Lapierre, and I think most habs fans did too and were surprised when he was traded, yea he has a big mouth but he served his role.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Vokoun looking solid.

Caps vs Wings on Saturday...only two teams left without a loss. (Wings won't lose tomorrow)

I wouldn't say that at all, we haven't played for a week along with Columbus being desperate to win. Also we ALWAYS make Mason and Columbus look Olympic quality or something.

So I don't have a good feeling about tomorrow.

MPW

@BrianWildeCTV BrianWilde
Also, NHL feels to me like a physical league again, and smallish team is struggling to win puck battles and down low 3 on 3 cycles

agreed

darche got more pp time than eller, cole, max pac, ak

smh

Socreges

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
I don't think I am. I think you're suggesting the Preds do what the Rangers did. I'm saying who wants to be like the Rangers?
But... they won 4-0. That's how things "went", as you said.

Socreges said:
But... they won 4-0. That's how things "went", as you said.

Ok I guess that's fair. I still don't think any team should be using the Rangers as model for how to develop their team. Short term success notwithstanding obviously.

Socreges

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
Ok I guess that's fair. I still don't think any team should be using the Rangers as model for how to develop their team. Short term success notwithstanding obviously.
I didn't think that's how the Rangers normally played. It just seemed like their conditional response to how the Canucks owned the puck in their zone. They were defensive, blocking shots.

Red_Man

MPW said:
@BrianWildeCTV BrianWilde
Also, NHL feels to me like a physical league again, and smallish team is struggling to win puck battles and down low 3 on 3 cycles

agreed

darche got more pp time than eller, cole, max pac, ak

smh
To Martins credit, and for all the people shouting to put Cole on the PP dude has done shit all besides make shit passes, which is exactly why he wasn't on it to begin with, he barely got any points on it last year, but giving darche more pp time then the others is a fucking joke, but so is the PP right now. We started 3 for 47 last year on the PP so it should pick up in a few games.

Some pretty cool action shots from Flyers/Caps game:

mTWDkW

rttKgm

qLuOzK

pPamxJ

pcMJOv

nFQHiz

Tabris

Socreges said:
A joke character relying on saccharine delusions would naturally paint the skeptic as a cynic.

Canucks are off to a typically slow start. Doesn't make much sense to think they'll beat up on the Preds. I do think they'll win, though.

What? I couldn't hear what you said as the goal horn from Rogers Arena has made my ears ring.

Blech! Gustavsson...

I don't want to place a lot of blame on him (26 saves for Thomas, 37 for Gustavsson), but after 2 seasons I still haven't seen the kind of ability that everyone raved about when we signed him.

I wonder if he's moveable for anything.

Marvie_3

Banned
Varlamov has been fucking amazing this game

bonesmccoy said:
Blech! Gustavsson...

I don't want to place a lot of blame on him (26 saves for Thomas, 37 for Gustavsson), but after 2 seasons I still haven't seen the kind of ability that everyone raved about when we signed him.

I wonder if he's moveable for anything.
You could probably get a nice futon or some fishing gear in return for him.

Marvie_3 said:
Varlamov has been fucking amazing this game
He's the real deal. For him it's always been about health. Dude is so crazy fast that he relies on that way too much. He's learning to reel that in though and save it for when it's really needed.

Revenant

Epic Tales of Penis said:
He's the real deal. For him it's always been about health. Dude is so crazy fast that he relies on that way too much. He's learning to reel that in though and save it for when it's really needed.

watch the highlights for this one. Save was unbelievable

and fuck PP for avs to try and tie this game with 2 minutes remaining.

Socreges

Banned
Tabris said:
What? I couldn't hear what you said as the goal horn from Rogers Arena has made my ears ring.
So you've been happy with the Canucks play overall up to this game? I'm not sure what your point is, as ever.

Fei

Really impressed with the Sabres start so far. 5-1, and there's a lot of room for improvement. Last year it took 16 games to win 5! With all the changes, I didn't think they'd gel this quickly.

MacAttack

Montresor said:
I just hate the Bruins. And I hate the putrid fanbase at their arena. Bunch of knuckle-draggers. I hate this shit, it's so soul-crushing.

O6 on O6 crime is not cool, bro. We just had a classy game vs the Hawks and everybody came away feeling good about each other. Toronto took their first loss of the season on the back end of a double header, to the defending Stanley Cup champions. That is nothing to get worked up about.

If you lose to the Canadiens on Saturday, with the way that team is playing, you have a legit reason to be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom