• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red_Man said:
In 1-2 years ellers gonna be fucking great and gonna make the halak deal look like a steal and I was one of the people who freaked out when I heard that deal and thought we got fleeced hard.
In 1-2 years he will be playing for the Wild just like Latenstiff.

Manics

Banned
Foreign Jackass said:
Nononononono. You lost 3 of your last 5, and won the 2 other games in OT. I'm sorry but you ARE slowly going back to normal.
Jackass you should worry about your own team. Those 2 OT-only wins are more than you have all season so far

Solo

Only 1 team post-lockout (2007 Preds) has had a start as bad as the Habs and made the playoffs. And I don't think they were half as crippled as us.

Might be time for the dreaded r-word.

Solo said:
Only 1 team post-lockout (2007 Preds) has had a start as bad as the Habs and made the playoffs. And I don't think they were half as crippled as us.

It is way to early for all the gloom and doom talk. Habs just need Price to steal them a few games. Once they start winning some games things will turn around quick.

Solo

Well, I think part of the problem now is that they have now lost a few games they should have won and as such the confidence/killer instinct is dead. Just winning a single game will go a long way towards helping that, but getting that win is proving difficult.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I honestly think Solo is right for worrying right now. This start is almost as bad as the Leafs one a few seasons ago.

The Habs aren't a good enough team to be able to come back from a deep hole like that.

MPW

Montresor said:
At least they have their first-rounder. No way am I feeling sorry for the Habs.

don't underestimate PG, he'll probably trade that to get some average player in return to save his job

Manics

Banned
Solo said:

Here buddy, in case you have to start the off-season thread this year.

1586qg5.jpg

:(

OnPoint

Scored tickets for the game tonight: $30 a piece :)

Hopefully we get revenge on your team, ZeroGravity

Manics said:
Here buddy, in case you have to start the off-season thread this year.

1586qg5.jpg

:(

Maybe you wanna ditch the slug? Update the Caps and Sharks logos? I think the Sens one is outdated as well.

Solo

Apparently Gauthier has Kostitsyn on the trade block. Typical, lets trade away one of our bigger, meaner and more talented forwards.

Kave_Man said:
I honestly think Solo is right for worrying right now. This start is almost as bad as the Leafs one a few seasons ago.

The Habs aren't a good enough team to be able to come back from a deep hole like that.

I actually think the team is good enough, but there is no way they can come out of that hole playing Martin's patented "score 1 goal and then spend 40 minutes trying to hold that lead" style. I bet you could take this exact roster and have them play an aggressive, offense-oriented style and the wins would pile up. They've got the speed and talent for it, but its being lost in the trapping game they are playing. They currently play the most passive 1 man forecheck game I have ever seen. The Habs play boring under Martin. Boring was fine when it was combined with results, but now it isn't even doing that.

Solo

Razorskin said:
Maybe when he feels like it.

There is no question that AK has suffered from Kovalev-itis his entire career. But over the years I think I've come to accept that his positives as a player outweigh his negatives for me. He has looked a LOT more interested and has played consistently stronger since being paired with Eller last season.

Solo said:
There is no question that AK has suffered from Kovalev-itis his entire career. But over the years I think I've come to accept that his positives as a player outweigh his negatives for me. He has looked a LOT more interested and has played consistently stronger since being paired with Eller last season.
AK is one of the best forwards on this team right now. If we trade him for a washed-up D, I'm gonna find PG personally and school him.

Manics

Banned
What kind of a return are you gonna get 3 weeks into a season for Kostisyn? He's a 40-50 point guy. Maybe if it was close to the trade deadline and some team was desperate to add some secondary scoring they might get something back. Habs would do better to wait it out.

OnPoint

ZeroGravity said:
Same lineup as last game. Good luck solving Garon.

Eh, we'll see. I'm hoping the swords play with a purpose this time. It was a painful game to watch because of the seeming lack of effort. Let's see some fire!

Razorskin said:
Here, no slug

http://i.imgur.com/FSlu9.jpg/IMG]

edit:[url]http://i.imgur.com/sHMyl.jpg/url][/QUOTE]

:jnc

Razorskin said:
Just let PG and JM implode the team so they can lose their jobs.

PG will probably just quietly resign and no one will notice he's gone. It's not like anyone notices when he's actually there. We didn't call him the Ghost here for nothing.

You need to lose to the Leafs in the playoffs for a couple of years to get JM fired.

Looks like the angry photoshops are already out:

2004-011.jpg

Solo

Foreign Jackass said:
AK is one of the best forwards on this team right now.

I would agree. The 3 best forwards the past 4-5 games have been Eller, AK and Cole.

If they move Eller.... blood will be shed.

Socreges

Banned
Solo said:
I would agree. The 3 best forwards the past 4-5 games have been Eller, AK and Cole.

If they move Eller.... blood will be shed.
...Cole?

Unless this is like saying "Nigeria has one of the best employment rates in Africa."

Solo

Yes, Cole. He of 1 goal and 1 assist fame. He has been playing really well especially the last 2 games. Aggressive, using his size to ssert himself, creating scoring chances by driving to the net. Like everyone on Montreal though, he doesn't have the stats to back it up though because of our terrible system.

Gonna miss the game tonight, and after last game I'm lacking a little faith here, not to mention the Jackets get Wiz back today and still have not won a single game....

Revenant

CrazedArabMan said:
Gonna miss the game tonight, and after last game I'm lacking a little faith here, not to mention the Jackets get Wiz back today and still have not won a single game....
that 5-1 start must be real traumatizing :p, might as well start looking up prospects for the draft.

Revenant said:
that 5-1 start must be real traumatizing :p, might as well start looking up prospects for the draft.

I know right? Move out Montreal, number one pick is ours!!!!!!!

But seriously, I just hope they can rebound with a dominating performance against the Jackets as that last game was not pretty.

Solo

My biggest fear right now is that Gauthier will make some dumb panic move and give up one of our good young guys for a 1 season band-aid solution guy.

Solo said:
My biggest fear right now is that Gauthier will make some dumb panic move and give up one of our good young guys for a 1 season band-aid solution guy.
PK Subban to Florida for Marco Sturm.

Followed shortly by PK Subban to Vancouver for a Tootsie Roll.

Socreges

Banned
Revenant said:
Everyone is a prince there, can you believe it?!
Hmm. Cole is praised without expecting to do anything. He doesn't even need to touch the puck to be credited with a goal! The analogy fits better than I thought.

Revenant

Socreges said:
Hmm. Cole is praised without expecting to do anything. He doesn't even need to touch the puck to be credited with a goal! The analogy fits better than I thought.
Cole been hanging out with Tim Tebow by chance?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CrazedArabMan said:

Columbus is awful. Conklin needs to rebound as well and the Wings played awful last game. It's setting up for a Wings blowout.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Check out these lines:

Lines: Kostitsyn-Eller-Darche
Plekanec-Gionta-Moen
DD-Cammalleri-Cole
Nokelainen-Blunden-EMELIN!

Whats going on!!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Zombie James said:
Cammalleri on the third line? Darche on the first?

...nope, I don't see why you would blame the coach, he's clearly doing the best he can.

At practice he also swapped Cammy with Pleks on the PP unit for Cammy is at point. At least Cammy has a better shot than Pleks.

Manics

Banned
Plinko said:
Columbus is awful. Conklin needs to rebound as well and the Wings played awful last game. It's setting up for a Wings blowout.

They're not a bad team, they're just playing the wrong style. Under a new coach with a new system this team would fly.

Solo

Careful, Manics....

SCHUEY F1 said:
Check out these lines:

Lines: Kostitsyn-Eller-Darche
Plekanec-Gionta-Moen
DD-Cammalleri-Cole
Nokelainen-Blunden-EMELIN!

Whats going on!!

LOL. The fuck, JM. The. Fuck!?

Cammy played a horrendous game against Florida, but hes still our best goal scorer. You dont put him on the third with another small fry. What is with Martin's love affair with Darche? Top line PP unit and now top line winger! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Emelin at forward?

SCHUEY F1 said:
At practice he also swapped Cammy with Pleks on the PP unit for Cammy is at point. At least Cammy has a better shot than Pleks.

Cammy does have a much better shot than Pleks, but they tried this last year and like Pleks, Cammy sucks at the point. This will end poorly. Why do these coaches not see the obviously best option (Subban and Weber at the points, Pleks on the half wall, Eller down low, Cammy around the slot for one-timers)? Instead we get plugs like Darche and DD on the first line. hahahahahahahahaaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom