• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toews is so good. But today Hiller has decided to be just as good.

Sloppy turnovers from Selanne though, only a matter of time until one of those are capitalised on.

Aww Marvie :( no game watching?

Canes get two late in the third to save Mo's job. OT, baby.

Edit: aaaaaand they lose in the shootout. Again. Ward is a great goalie but he absolutely blows at shootouts. I hope the next CBA does away with shootouts.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
C Jones said:
Wooooo shutout!

It's a Halloween miracle.

Game was a lot more even than the score suggests. The Islanders outplayed us in the first, we were about even in the second and I think we slightly outplayed them in the third. Fleury and our forwards taking advantage of opportunities won that one for us. I'm glad to come out of it with a win but I'm not expecting us to walk by the Islanders this season. They can play.

Also, a very clean game. Glad to see the teams put that incident behind them.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Annnnd an empty net shorty to boot cause Detroit has NO FUCKING IDEA how to set up on a powerplay anymore. They just stand around and try to get a deflection goal through 5 bodies like dumb shits. God Babcock is so damn stubborn and won't adjust shit that's obviously not working.

Wingfan19 said:
Annnnd an empty net shorty to boot cause Detroit has NO FUCKING IDEA how to set up on a powerplay anymore. They just stand around and try to get a deflection goal through 5 bodies like dumb shits. God Babcock is so damn stubborn and won't adjust shit that's obviously not working.

Well at least I have BF3 which is more entertaining than the Wings as this point.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just came in to also complain about how bad Detroit's PP is.

The entire offensive plan is "Get the puck to Lidstrom so he can fire a slapshot from as far away as possible." They don't even try to work it inside. It is, by far, the worst power play I've seen from a Detroit team. They will go nowhere in the playoffs if that's not fixed.

Also, just a subpar effort tonight. Defense looked bad, offense got nothing done--even their only goal was just the effort of one guy slapping at the puck. Just awful.

ZeroGravity

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Fucking absolute BULLSHIT call.

Tampa guy knocked his own goalie over, now goaltender interference on opposing team.

Fuck this game
Thankfully for the Sabres, our powerplay is shit this year.

Heretic said:
Yeah. Got out-wrestled.

I'm liking the Koivu-Ryan-Selanne line so far.

Is McMillan or Belesky on the top line replacing him? I hate breaking up the RPG line. Always have. But having Ryan on their seems to be helping the secondary line keep it's consistency.

Heretic

Dastardly Jerks said:
Is McMillan or Belesky on the top line replacing him? I hate breaking up the RPG line. Always have. But having Ryan on their seems to be helping the secondary line keep it's consistency.
Maroon got called up from the AHL and is playing on the top line. McMillan disappointed in the second line so he's in third =( Smith-Pelly is sick with the flu

Silexx

KernelPanic said:
Shootout win YES !!!!

FU Refs for trying to give the game to Carolina.

Seriously. Good on Rundblad for that "quiet protest" regarding his penalty.*

*Actually, he probably didn't actually know that he got called, but I like to think that he was telling the refs F-U.

Socreges

Banned
Plinko said:
Columbus is awful. Conklin needs to rebound as well and the Wings played awful last game. It's setting up for a Wings blowout.
Accidentally quoting this for the new page

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Schneider for Stamkos?
Apparently TB tried to give us Purcell for Schneider during the Summer.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Socreges said:
Accidentally quoting this for the new page

:lol

Classic. Everything did look like it was setting up for a blowout. Unfortunately, Detroit played like total crap tonight.

Silexx said:
Seriously. Good on Rundblad for that "quiet protest" regarding his penalty.*

*Actually, he probably didn't actually know that he got called, but I like to think that he was telling the refs F-U.

He's gotten better since his first game.

First win in Carolina for Sens in FOUR YEARS. Insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom