• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

amazing to see Teemu make that shootout conversion after that sniper shot him in the 3rd :(

really though, it was an awesome shot!

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
Crawford is too impressed with Teemu's handsomeness to stop him.

Imagine a penalty shot with Teemu vs King Henrik.

They'd probably just run right into each other and create an even handsomer Wing/Goalie Hybrid.

Fei

Just got back from the Sabres game. I think Tampa is going to be the team that just has Buffalo's number this year.

I didn't have a good view of the McCormick call to be upset about that. What I'm wondering about is how the refs justified not awarding Vanek a penalty shot when he was hooked on the breakaway? I'm assuming that had to be mentioned on TV. That looked like a textbook penalty shot call from where I was.

Marvie_3

Banned
The 'Hawks won a game in a shootout???

xnsrae.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
Imagine a penalty shot with Teemu vs King Henrik.

They'd probably just run right into each other and create an even handsomer Wing/Goalie Hybrid.
That's how Viktor Stalberg was created

OnPoint

Fei said:
Just got back from the Sabres game. I think Tampa is going to be the team that just has Buffalo's number this year.

I didn't have a good view of the McCormick call to be upset about that. What I'm wondering about is how the refs justified not awarding Vanek a penalty shot when he was hooked on the breakaway? I'm assuming that had to be mentioned on TV. That looked like a textbook penalty shot call from where I was.

Hell, we should have met up lol I was in 315

It was a painful game to be at during the second and most of the third period. Either Tampa is that good, or we just stopped trying. Column A, column B...

Vanek should have had a penalty shot. It was horse shit.

Socreges said:
Schneider has already started 3 of 8 games and he'll be starting tomorrow night. "Riding Schneider" isn't an option since they're going to be dividing games pretty evenly either way, but I wouldn't mind Schneider getting more and more starts as the season goes on if he keeps up his play.
Yep, I agree.

Fei

OnPoint said:

It was a painful game to be at during the second and most of the third period. Either Tampa is that good, or we just stopped trying. Column A, column B...

Hah, damn. 301!

I think Tampa is really good with the 1-3-1 system, and I think Buffalo really struggles against teams that stick to it. Plenty of time to figure that out, though.

Acid08

Banned
Buba Big Guns said:
Was this Havlat's first game back? How did he play?
Second game and he looks good, shoulder still looks a little stuff but that'll improve over time. He assisted on Coutures shorty, looks like chemistry could be developing.

Lone_Prodigy said:
Well Gamecenter just went to endless commercial.

Yeah, that's all I got either.

Fucking hell. First I get ACTUAL Chicago commercials during the Ducks game and now I get this AND Canadian commercials beforehand.

Fuck you today, Gamecenter.

Tabris

Canucks seem to play more confident with Schneider in the net. I have been nothing but impressed by his play and I really wish the Canucks management would at least give him a shot as a 50/50 starter. Then ride whoever's hot at the time. Let Luongo compete.

OnPoint said:

They mentioned it, and agreed he should have been awarded one, at least one of the guys. It was textbook as mentioned. Also, the McCormick penalty was bullshit, and the shit VS announcers agreed on that too.

It seemed like the first 10 minutes in First Niagara were pretty wild. After that, not sure what the hell happened.

Gerbe had one of the nicest goals of the evening. Lots of deflection goals elsewhere it seemed...

Puddles

Banned
Seriously can't believe we're going to have two losses to a thoroughly mediocre New Jersey team. Guess Dallas will be leading the division a few games longer.

Where did all these Stars fans come from?

Welcome. Welcome. On a scale of 1 to Habs, how disappointed were you guys at the final game of last regular season vs Wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom